Dimitrov
No votes
Other
4%

Total votes: 103

mick1303 Ukraine

Re: '24 Wimbledon Gentlemen's Draw & Discussion

Post by mick1303 »

ponchi101 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:31 pm If the part about Zverev complaining about Fritz box is real, these kids need to man up.
Hey, the other player has fans too. Friends and family. And they want YOU to lose. BADLY.
I mean, how would these guys handle playing Davis Cup as the visiting team in South America? Or being a Laker playing at the Celtics?
Both guys REPEATEDLY said that it was not a big deal. The issue was overblown by the media asking questions and fishing for the controversy. And you say that players "need to man up"? You're barking at the wrong tree...
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

mick1303 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:04 pm Both guys REPEATEDLY said that it was not a big deal. The issue was overblown by the media asking questions and fishing for the controversy. And you say that players "need to man up"? You're barking at the wrong tree...
Please stop trying to gaslight us. The conversation at the end of the match which was longer than normal was followed up on by the media after the match. That's the job of the media is ask questions. After the situation the players chose not to expand publicly on what was said after the match, which is their choice, but it doesn't mean the questions aren't relevant.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

mick1303 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:04 pm
ponchi101 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:31 pm If the part about Zverev complaining about Fritz box is real, these kids need to man up.
Hey, the other player has fans too. Friends and family. And they want YOU to lose. BADLY.
I mean, how would these guys handle playing Davis Cup as the visiting team in South America? Or being a Laker playing at the Celtics?
Both guys REPEATEDLY said that it was not a big deal. The issue was overblown by the media asking questions and fishing for the controversy. And you say that players "need to man up"? You're barking at the wrong tree...
I said IF.
They seem to have clarified it later.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
mick1303 Ukraine

Post by mick1303 »

skatingfan wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:17 pm
mick1303 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:04 pm Both guys REPEATEDLY said that it was not a big deal. The issue was overblown by the media asking questions and fishing for the controversy. And you say that players "need to man up"? You're barking at the wrong tree...
Please stop trying to gaslight us. The conversation at the end of the match which was longer than normal was followed up on by the media after the match. That's the job of the media is ask questions. After the situation the players chose not to expand publicly on what was said after the match, which is their choice, but it doesn't mean the questions aren't relevant.
IDK what "gaslight" means, English is not my first language. Apparently we have polar opposite views on how the media shall operate. "Job of the media is ask questions" is not specifying what kind of questions. Your view on the media is that it is ok and even commendable to dig controversies. My view is that TENNIS media shall concentrate on the tennis questions. There is plenty to discuss about what happened in the match, IF YOU WATCH TENNIS. But if you can't be bothered to pay attention to the game itself or not knowledgeable enough to recognize what you see - asking questions about other things is your only option, I guess.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

The Tennis Letter
@TheTennisLetter
Jannik Sinner was asked about the illness he was dealing with against Medvedev at Wimbledon, ‘This morning I didn’t feel great, and then with the fatigue… I tried to fight with what I had today’

“What physical problems were you dealing with? Were you sick? Did you vomit when you went off court?”

Jannik: “This morning I already didn’t feel great. I had some problems and then with the fatigue. It was tough. Nothing to take away from Daniil. I think he played very smart, good tennis. That’s it. I went off the court. I actually didn’t want to go off. The physio told me it was better to take some time because he watched me and I didn’t seem in shape to play. I was struggling physically. It wasn’t an easy moment. I tried to fight with what I had today. That’s it.”

“Can you confirm.. were you ill when you went off court?”

Jannik: “Yeah, I wasn’t feeling great. I didn’t vomit. But I took some time because I was quite dizzy. Off court I had the toughest time maybe. When I went back I tried my best. Obviously disappointed about the third set. I had a couple set points and couldn’t use them. Fourth set I raised my level a bit. In the fifth I had one poor service game with decided the match.”

(via Wimbledon Press)

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Дарко Николић
@HuddleBre
Новак Ђоковић је управо решио да и британском јавном медијском сервису (ББЦ) без икаквог устручавања каже шта мисли.

Напустио је интервју после 98 секунди, ево и како:
Translated from Serbian by Google
Novak Djokovic has just decided to tell the British public media service (BBC) what he thinks without any hesitation.

He left the interview after 98 seconds, here's how:

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Fred Meyer 🇽🇰
@FredWMeyer_
Djokovic’s path to the Wimbledon final:

Kopriva

Fearnley

Popyrin

Rune

Fritz/Musetti
Some are saying he faced a Challenger level draw this Wimbledon. Rune is mentally too young to defeat Djokovic. Fearnley is a college player trying to work his way onto the main tour. Popyrin's best years may be behind him. The only challenge he faced was de Minaur and he gave him the walkover due to injury.
Djokovic is 5-1 over Musetti.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Alcaraz' draw

FIRST ROUND
Defeated EST M. Lajal

SECOND ROUND
Defeated AUS A. Vukic

THIRD ROUND
Defeated
USAF. Tiafoe 29

FOURTH ROUND
Defeated
FRA U. Humbert 16

QUARTER-FINALS
Defeated
USA T. Paul 12

SEMI-FINALS
Scheduled
IOA D. Medvedev 5

Alcaraz is 4-2 over Medvedev
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Every great chanpion has a slam in which they faced nobody of relevance. Mac's 83 Wimby ended with a match over Chris Lewis.
You can't always face 4 seeds on your way to the final.
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

Medvedev Alcaraz will be closer this year, perhaps..Alcaraz is not playing that well, and Medvedev is playing better..also a factor, rarely considered..as tournament wears on, so does the grass..it becomes more like a hardcourt, with a higher bounce...should favor Medvedev...
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

Medvedev not putting away volleys, because he really isn't a good volleyer anyway..maybe he should not try,!
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

Alcaraz, on the other hand! Best volleyer in the world..confident, great touch
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

Alcaraz not getting his first serve to fire..around 35% I think, right now...struggling more than he should because of that..I still don't like his serving action though, too abbreviated, too slapping - will always be difficult to control, get consistent serves...
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

Alcaraz in four methinks
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

It has turned, and I think Daniil is looking a bit lost. But still a lot to play.