'22 Wimbledon Day 8 OoP & Discussion

Talk and announcements about the big 4 tournaments
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: '22 Day 8 OoP & Discussion

Post by ponchi101 »

meganfernandez wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:59 pm ...

Yeah, I asked a friend who plays high-level club in Europe (best player I know personally) before the last round if Nick could serve well for 15 more sets without hurting himself, and he said he thought so because Nick's serve motion is pretty effortless. Possible, but if his serve falls off with some soreness, he's going to struggle.

Nick thrives on atmosphere and drama. Being the favorite against a relatively undistinguished player, first match of the day, not gonna get him fired up. He'll actually have to win it with tennis and competitiveness.
It is an excellent motion, but he also serves at fantastic speed. He must have a very flexible arm, like Pete and Milos. But if he has a bit of discomfort that fast motion can aggravate it.
Anyway, he is righting the boat.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Cuckoo4Coco United States of America

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

My one friend is coming over for some 4 of July grilling food that my Grandpa and My Brothers are cooking up, but I told her that part of the festivities is definitely going to be watching the Anisimova & Tan match. This friend is not a tennis player so she will just have to deal. :lol:
New England Nitemare United States of America

Post by New England Nitemare »

That was a pretty lame service game by Kyrgios just now, on to the 5th set we go.....i really hope Nakashima can pull this out.

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

Nick Kyrgios everytime I watch him play he does something even more foolish than the last match. Only down one break he thinks it is better to just throw his last service game and head to the 5th set and take his chances. I hope that Brandon sends him packing so badly.

I would not be at all surprised if Brandon does break Nick's serve that Nick starts to tank the set or he will start his complete foolishness to disrupt the match.
dryrunguy

Post by dryrunguy »

People cheering "Let's go Brandon!", and they are actually talking about someone named Brandon... At least I think so...
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

dryrunguy wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:32 pm People cheering "Let's go Brandon!", and they are actually talking about someone named Brandon... At least I think so...
:clap: :clap:

Nick:
Nakashima's serve lands way in. Kyrgios challenges. The ball is inches in, on all sides.
Kyrgios complaints to the chair that the chair should have told him not to challenge. So, what is it? You want the chair to be involved, or you want the chair not to bother you?
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

Cuckoo4Coco wrote:My one friend is coming over for some 4 of July grilling food that my Grandpa and My Brothers are cooking up, but I told her that part of the festivities is definitely going to be watching the Anisimova & Tan match. This friend is not a tennis player so she will just have to deal. :lol:
Maybe she will be a fan after watching the match with you! I am always torn between hanging out with family and friends over the 4th and watching hours of tennis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by meganfernandez »

dryrunguy wrote:People cheering "Let's go Brandon!", and they are actually talking about someone named Brandon... At least I think so...
Trump bros owning the libs wherever they can. :)

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Kyrgios two breaks up. Match over.

Post by meganfernandez »

ponchi101 wrote:
dryrunguy wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:32 pm People cheering "Let's go Brandon!", and they are actually talking about someone named Brandon... At least I think so...
:clap: :clap:

Nick:
Nakashima's serve lands way in. Kyrgios challenges. The ball is inches in, on all sides.
Kyrgios complaints to the chair that the chair should have told him not to challenge. So, what is it? You want the chair to be involved, or you want the chair not to bother you?
Insufferable

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

meganfernandez wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:36 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote:My one friend is coming over for some 4 of July grilling food that my Grandpa and My Brothers are cooking up, but I told her that part of the festivities is definitely going to be watching the Anisimova & Tan match. This friend is not a tennis player so she will just have to deal. :lol:
Maybe she will be a fan after watching the match with you! I am always torn between hanging out with family and friends over the 4th and watching hours of tennis.

She might, we have been friends for many years now. Many years for two teens that are 16 years old. :lol: She knows that I am a crazy tennis fan. She knows what she has to deal with.

Speaking of tennis and more really classless acts from Nick Kyrgios in screaming "You're Done" to Brandon Nakashima while about to go up 5-1 in the 5th set. Even John McEnroe had no words for that.
New England Nitemare United States of America

Post by New England Nitemare »

Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:48 pm [
Speaking of tennis and more really classless acts from Nick Kyrgios in screaming "You're Done" to Brandon Nakashima while about to go up 5-1 in the 5th set. Even John McEnroe had no words for that.
I agree....I have no words for that either.

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

:yahoo: :bananas: :freaking: for Taylor Fritz into the Quarter Finals. Gonna be a tough match up for him if he gets Rafa next.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:48 pm ..

She might, we have been friends for many years now. Many years for two teens that are 16 years old. :lol: She knows that I am a crazy tennis fan. She knows what she has to deal with.

He did what? The old joke: How low can you go? "You have a shovel?"

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

ponchi101 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:04 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:48 pm ..

He did what? The old joke: How low can you go? "You have a shovel?"
Yes he did, not even a reaction came from Brandon at all. He just kept on playing. I couldn't believe it. It was made clear that he said it by John McEnroe who was one of the commentators and he really had no words for it.