'22 Wimbledon Day 8 OoP & Discussion

Talk and announcements about the big 4 tournaments
Cuckoo4Coco United States of America

Re: '22 Wimbledon Day 8 OoP & Discussion

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

meganfernandez wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:31 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:01 pm
Deuce wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:32 pm When I say that Kyrgios would become unglued rather quickly if another player truly confronted and challenged him on his behaviour, I mean that it would significantly affect his tennis - because being challenged would make him terrified of being exposed, and being disliked by everyone.
I'd even go so far as to say that if another player ever truly confronted/challenged him on his behaviour, it could very well be the end of Nick's tennis career - because he is incredibly fragile psychologically and emotionally.

I don't think he became unglued in the Tsitsipas match - Kyrgios was the maestro of that match, and was in total control of the 'mood' of the match. Tsitsipas was the one who became unglued by Nick's behaviours and manipulations.
As you say, Nakashima didn't buy into the nonsense - he ignored it and kept on his own path. And the result was that he came closer to beating Kyrgios than Tsitsipas did, despite Tsitsipas being a better player than Nakashima right now.
In the Tsitsipas match when the Chair Umpire loudly responded that Nick was going to challenge a call and you could hear in his voice he was irritated by Nick's antics you could see a little that Nick was surprised by the out burst by the chair umpire. Now that wasn't from his opponent and he just kept going and did what he had to do to win the match his way, but that outburst by the chair umpire shocked him a bit at least for a minute.
I've seen Carlos Bernardes telling Nick to "Stop. Stop. Stop" over and over when Nick was going off on him, and it didn't work.

But I agree, if anyone ever confronted Nick about it on court, maybe he'd shut it down, but it depends.

I like the way Brandon responded, and hopefully Nick apologized in the locker room - that was so bush league.
Yeah, the "You're Done" comment was just beyond belief and something definitely should have been said by the chair umpire about that.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

meganfernandez wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:31 pm ...

I've seen Carlos Bernardes telling Nick to "Stop. Stop. Stop" over and over when Nick was going off on him, and it didn't work.

But I agree, if anyone ever confronted Nick about it on court, maybe he'd shut it down, but it depends.

I like the way Brandon responded, and hopefully Nick apologized in the locker room - that was so bush league.
Oh. How to handle bullies, 101: you CONFRONT THEM. Under every bully, and you don't need to scratch too deep, there is a coward.
I was a small, wimpy kid. Not the bravest. One day, the classroom bully told me to feed him the answers for one exam (HS junior year). I told him I would not, so he said that if I did not he would beat me up. So I fed him the answers; all the WRONG answers. I got my 95, he got the opposite (5). All my friends started to laugh at him because he had been had by "wimpy P", so he tried to beat me up. But I could run faster, so I ran, backwards, and taunted him. Over and over, while he was chasing me. Eventually, he got tired, and THEN, it was my turn. I kicked the hell out of him.
Sure, two days later he corralled me and beat me up badly, but he never again messed with me. He left me alone.
So, yes, bullies have to be confronted. Which is what the ATP and all tournaments don't do, simply because of the fans in the stands. One has to admit he brings them in.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Cuckoo4Coco United States of America

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

ponchi101 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:57 pm
meganfernandez wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:31 pm ...

Oh. How to handle bullies, 101: you CONFRONT THEM. Under every bully, and you don't need to scratch too deep, there is a coward.
I was a small, wimpy kid. Not the bravest. One day, the classroom bully told me to feed him the answers for one exam (HS junior year). I told him I would not, so he said that if I did not he would beat me up. So I fed him the answers; all the WRONG answers. I got my 95, he got the opposite (5). All my friends started to laugh at him because he had been had by "wimpy P", so he tried to beat me up. But I could run faster, so I ran, backwards, and taunted him. Over and over, while he was chasing me. Eventually, he got tired, and THEN, it was my turn. I kicked the hell out of him.
Sure, two days later he corralled me and beat me up badly, but he never again messed with me. He left me alone.
So, yes, bullies have to be confronted. Which is what the ATP and all tournaments don't do, simply because of the fans in the stands. One has to admit he brings them in.
I agree that the tour doesn't do it because of the fans in the stands. They also don't do it because tennis is a game that is supposed to have integrity to it. Kyrgios is trying to take some of that out of the game with the antics he does. What Stef was saying in the match they played was true. He just wanted to play tennis and that is what he was there for. Kyrgios was attempting to turn it into something totally different.

As for me with bullies as I am sort of like you not really the biggest person, but I do have two older brothers who are, especially my oldest brother. :lol: . My school does a really good job dealing with bullies and we really don't have a problem with it at all. At school I guess I would be considered one of the students who are considered the academic students and the athletic students. I however hang with any of the students. The artsy students, the goth students, whatever group. That is just the way most of the students at my school are.