'22 Wimbledon Day 14 OoP & Discussion

Talk and announcements about the big 4 tournaments
Deuce Canada

Re: '22 Wimbledon Day 14 OoP & Discussion

Post by Deuce »

meganfernandez wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:26 pm
ponchi101 wrote:Kyrgios starting to talk to his box. Good sign for Novak.
They are standing on every point and he still yells at them to support him. Maybe this is how he channels his nervous energy.
^ There's no 'maybe' about it. This is absolutely how he handles his nervousness and anxiety and insecurity.
And it has reached ridiculous proportions.
Murray yells at his box - but what Kyrgios does is blame them for every shot he misses and every game he loses.

What John McEnroe says about Kyrgios is very true - he is terrified of failing. That stems from his massive degree of insecurity, of course. And blaming his 'team' is his way of absolving himself of the responsibility for failing. But he does it to an absolutely ridiculous degree.
It also shows how dependent he is on them for 'support' - because, deep down, he doesn't feel he's good enough on his own.

Can you imagine this being done in any other sport - blaming their family/'team' for their own failings?

I obviously don't know the source of Nick's massive insecurity and fear of failure... but there is a photo circulating of him as an 8 year old kid, and he's wearing a 'Wutang' shirt. The 'Wutang Clan' was/is a 'music group' which very much promoted drug use, drug dealing, and the extreme 'gangsta' lifestyle ("The landmark album touted a lifestyle patterned on drug dealing, regrets of living in harsh conditions, and partying"). Certainly not the kind of stuff that an 8 year old child should be exposed to. The fact that the 8 year old Nick Kyrgios idolized them enough to wear their shirt offers at the very least a glimpse into how his parents brought him up (or didn't).

Here's the photo of 8 year old Kyrgios:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
Cuckoo4Coco United States of America

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

meganfernandez wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:32 am
Cuckoo4Coco wrote:I can't believe that the Wimbledon tournament is over and the next Grand Slam event will start only 3 days before I start back to school.
Lots of good tennis before the U.S. Open! We’ll still be here. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh and I will be around as well. Also starting on August 3rd I am playing in a local area tournament.
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:21 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote:I can't believe that the Wimbledon tournament is over and the next Grand Slam event will start only 3 days before I start back to school.

Oh and I will be around as well. Also starting on August 3rd I am playing in a local area tournament.
Good luck, can't wait to hear about it!

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

meganfernandez wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:33 pm

Thank You, ponchi is gonna set me up with a blog and I am gonna write about me preparing for it and the actual tournament. It will probably be really boring because preparing for it won't really be any different from what I do any other practice. I never really wrote a blog before either so I really won't know what I am doing. :lol:
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:41 pm

Thank You, ponchi is gonna set me up with a blog and I am gonna write about me preparing for it and the actual tournament. It will probably be really boring because preparing for it won't really be any different from what I do any other practice. I never really wrote a blog before either so I really won't know what I am doing. :lol:
I'm a writer, professionally, so if you want any tips, let me know. I'm sure you'll do great. The details you think are boring are all new to us! You can talk about your goals and what you did each day to work on them and how it's going. I'd love to know what kind of advice your coach gives. Fans usually aren't aware of coaching input. I'd also like to know specifically what you work on during a practice and for how long. And get a sense of how hard you work, what exactly is hard, what's challenging.

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

meganfernandez wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:04 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:41 pm

I'm a writer, professionally, so if you want any tips, let me know. I'm sure you'll do great. The details you think are boring are all new to us! You can talk about your goals and what you did each day to work on them and how it's going. I'd love to know what kind of advice your coach gives. Fans usually aren't aware of coaching input. I'd also like to know specifically what you work on during a practice and for how long. And get a sense of how hard you work, what exactly is hard, what's challenging.
I will try my best. I do get good grades on my school papers when I have to write about a book I have read in English class so at least there is that. ;)

I do think I work pretty hard and my practices last about 2 hours per day and the only day I do not have practice is on Sunday. Also one of the days is set aside for strengthening and cardio so I don't even pick up a racquet that day of the week. Now when school starts the hours go down because I am in school all day and then I usually have homework. I do increase my weekend hours and I do practice on Sunday during school. My school stuff though comes first. I think my coach pushes me pretty hard but also gives a good balance to me. He knows where I am at right now and I think he is guiding me towards that next level but he is doing it gradually so I don't get overwhelmed. I have been playing and learning tennis for a long time now(since I was 5 years old). I have never lost my love for the game. I really think that is because of all the people that are around me and how they have brought me along. I have never been pressured by a family member or coach to play. I have been encouraged by my family to do other things and to be a kid and especially to focus on my school first. This has kept my love for the game going strong.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Deuce wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:24 am
meganfernandez wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:26 pm
ponchi101 wrote:Kyrgios starting to talk to his box. Good sign for Novak.
They are standing on every point and he still yells at them to support him. Maybe this is how he channels his nervous energy.
^ There's no 'maybe' about it. This is absolutely how he handles his nervousness and anxiety and insecurity.
And it has reached ridiculous proportions.
Murray yells at his box - but what Kyrgios does is blame them for every shot he misses and every game he loses.

What John McEnroe says about Kyrgios is very true - he is terrified of failing. That stems from his massive degree of insecurity, of course. And blaming his 'team' is his way of absolving himself of the responsibility for failing. But he does it to an absolutely ridiculous degree.
It also shows how dependent he is on them for 'support' - because, deep down, he doesn't feel he's good enough on his own.

Can you imagine this being done in any other sport - blaming their family/'team' for their own failings?

I obviously don't know the source of Nick's massive insecurity and fear of failure... but there is a photo circulating of him as an 8 year old kid, and he's wearing a 'Wutang' shirt. The 'Wutang Clan' was/is a 'music group' which very much promoted drug use, drug dealing, and the extreme 'gangsta' lifestyle ("The landmark album touted a lifestyle patterned on drug dealing, regrets of living in harsh conditions, and partying"). Certainly not the kind of stuff that an 8 year old child should be exposed to. The fact that the 8 year old Nick Kyrgios idolized them enough to wear their shirt offers at the very least a glimpse into how his parents brought him up (or didn't).

Here's the photo of 8 year old Kyrgios:
I said on TAT 1.0 that in his head Kyrgios is still that eight year old kid.

As to the coaches and whoever else is in the players box standing on every point in support of a player Andreescu does the same thing. It's tiring to watch and has to be for them too.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein