by Cuckoo4Coco What do you think they do with all of those coin toss coins they use at the beginning of each match at each tournament? All of the coins are distinctive to the tournament and I think it would be really cool to have some of them.

by ponchi101 Never thought of it. Should they go to the winner? The invited person that is always there?
Sold for charity money?

by Cuckoo4Coco
ponchi101 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:48 pm Never thought of it. Should they go to the winner? The invited person that is always there?
Sold for charity money?
I do like the idea of the charity or the person who tosses the coin. From the little bit you see of the coins some look really cool.

by Deuce As long as they toss an actual, physical coin, I'm happy. I don't care what happens to them afterward. If they want to be sustainable, they would have a handful of coins that they use for each match year after year, and not just keep making new ones over and over because they give them away.

What I don't like is the 'virtual coin toss', in which there is neither coin nor toss present - it's just some stupid animation of a coin on the big screen. Although it may use fewer resources than an actual coin (or it may not, depending how one looks at it), it strikes me as being grossly artificial.

by Cuckoo4Coco
Deuce wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:59 pm As long as they toss an actual, physical coin, I'm happy. I don't care what happens to them afterward. If they want to be sustainable, they would have a handful of coins that they use for each match year after year, and not just keep making new ones over and over because they give them away.

What I don't like is the 'virtual coin toss', in which there is neither coin nor toss present - it's just some stupid animation of a coin on the big screen. Although it may use fewer resources than an actual coin (or it may not, depending how one looks at it), it strikes me as being grossly artificial.
I don't like the virtual coin toss either. I know they are random with the animation and everything, but with that the person pushing the buttons could choose the toss that is going to land heads or tails every time.

by Deuce
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:11 am
Deuce wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:59 pm As long as they toss an actual, physical coin, I'm happy. I don't care what happens to them afterward. If they want to be sustainable, they would have a handful of coins that they use for each match year after year, and not just keep making new ones over and over because they give them away.

I don't like the virtual coin toss either. I know they are random with the animation and everything, but with that the person pushing the buttons could choose the toss that is going to land heads or tails every time.
Yeah - I don't particularly trust it, either.
A real coin and a real flip is the best way. Even if the coin is weighted more on one side, the choice of 'heads or tails' is random, so it's still as fair as it gets.

by Cuckoo4Coco
Deuce wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:26 am
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:11 am

Yeah - I don't particularly trust it, either.
A real coin and a real flip is the best way. Even if the coin is weighted more on one side, the choice of 'heads or tails' is random, so it's still as fair as it gets.
Not sure if they balance those coins or not. Some of the coins look really awesome though.