Sports Random, Random

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Curling, Marbula 1 and any other activity that we can think of!
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: Sports Random, Random

Post by ti-amie »

In case you're wondering who DelPrete is he' was a professional golfer.

LPGA Star Jessica Korda's BF Johnny DelPrete Arrested in Prostitution Sting
TIM DANIELS
FEBRUARY 23, 2019

Former Web.com Tour golfer Johnny DelPrete was arrested Friday morning in Florida on a charge of soliciting prostitution as part of the same statewide investigation into sex trafficking that led to charges against New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft.

Roxanna Scott of Golfweek reported the update Saturday and noted DelPrete, the boyfriend of LPGA star Jessica Korda, was released from custody in Martin County on $2,500 bond.

The 29-year-old Florida native attended the University of Louisville and the University of Mississippi before turning pro in 2010. He appeared in eight Web.com Tour events between 2012 and 2014.

His LinkedIn profile noted he's now a licensed realtor in Jupiter, Florida. He lists the end of his golf career as May 2017 after other stints with PGA Tour Canada and PGA Tour China.

No further details about the charge against him were released.

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

There was a very controersial ruling that has had F1 Twitter up in arms all morning/afternoon. I can't pretend to understand what it's all about.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

This is what the protests were about.
Karl Kondal
@kondal_karl
Replying to
@SebxstianVxttel
and
@F1
And Lewis did win the World Championship on the track. The entire race he ground Verstappen into the ground. Max could not catch him until the powers-that-be decided to allow him to pass all of the cars between him and Lewis on the final lap. A World Championship forever tainted.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I would have them run 30 laps tomorrow. Nobody else on the track.
And I am NOT a Hamilton fan. But that was indeed a BS ending.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I don't know if I should be a Hamilton fan or not it's just that F1 has been dominating my TL of Sunday's and I find it kind of amazing. Anyway Mercedes is not giving up

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Only thing is: it was not lost. Plenty of people noticed and plenty of people congratulated both Hamiltons. Indeed, gracious to the max (or to Max, depending how you want it).

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Well, that was rather mishandled, wasn't it?
First, during the safety car, it was "Lapped cars may not unlap themselves." So, based largely on this decision, Mercedes decided to not pit Hamilton for new tires.
But then, a couple of minutes later "Lapped cars will unlap themselves." By this time, it was too late for Hamilton to pit for new tires.
Then, with Verstappen on new soft tires and right behind Hamilton at the re-start, and Hamilton on old hard tires, it was rather inevitable that Verstappen would pass Hamilton for the lead on the only remaining racing lap. The only real chance that Hamilton had at that point was for Verstappen to make a big mistake - which didn't happen.

There's no question that Wolff and the Mercedes team are spoiled 'divas' who would likely have lodged a protest no matter how Verstappen won... but in this circumstance, their complaint is justified.
It was a difficult situation - the safety car was obviously needed... and for the crash to happen just 5 laps from the finish was very unfortunate, as Hamilton was in complete control of the race from the first lap. (Kind of makes one wonder how much Red Bull paid Latifi to crash :?.)

The winner - of an individual race and of the championship - should be decided on the track. It's unfortunate that this wasn't the case here, as the best car/driver of the day did not win. Instead, it was all decided by a decision that was made outside of the track.

I'm not a Hamilton fan, but, yes, he did handle the situation well - at least publicly. It helps that he had already won 7 world championships, of course.
And Hamilton's dad showed class in congratulating Verstappen and his dad, as well.

Lastly, the look in Horner's eyes as he shook Lewis's hand was that of a man who feels that he just got away with something.

R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

I never envy race control.

However - they mangled the finish.

I "get" that they don't want the season to end under a safety car (and Mercedes, frankly, should have made the logical presumption F1 would do whatever it took to restart), but changing the decision so many times...and only partially following the rule (just the first 5 lappers were sent through) is a terrible look.

Lewis was so gracious in defeat. If I were him I think I would have sat in the car until everyone went home.

I can't help but connect the dots between F1 being run by a media company (irrespective of what happened at the "rain race" earlier this year.

Unrelated aside - thanks to fanduel for refunding my championship bet that I had on Lewis (got pretty good odds when Max had his biggest lead of the season)
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

F1 makes it very clear they are entertainment. And yes, it is a private company, so sports' rules really don't apply.
They needed somebody else to win, after all these years of MB and Hamilton domination. I, for example, stopped watching after every race was a predetermined outcome. For F1, this was good.
But for motor sports it was terrible.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

The lapped cars between Hamilton and Verstappen were told to unlap themselves. This provided Verstappen an opportunity to overtake Hamilton once the safety car was removed from the track.
The problem with allowing only the lapped cars between Hamilton and Verstappen to unlap themselves, and not permitting the other lapped cars to unlap themselves, is that the cars positioned in 3rd, 4th, 5th place, etc. did not really have a chance to improve their positions on that final racing lap because there were lapped cars in the way.

Giving Verstappen a much better chance of overtaking Hamilton on the last lap than Sainz was given to overtake Verstappen - or than Tsunoda was given to overtake Sainz, etc. is blatantly unfair.
If you're going to make it so that the cars in 1st and 2nd place are one behind the other and have a chance to race each other on the re-start, you have to also make it so that the car in 2nd place and the car in 3rd place are also one behind the other, etc.
Why was Verstappen given a much better chance to overtake Hamilton than Sainz was given to overtake Verstappen?

As others have said - you have to either allow ALL the lapped cars through, or none of them. Had Sainz been directly behind Verstappen at the re-start, maybe he would have passed Verstappen. The race director cannot assume that would not happen. Nor can he deny Sainz the opportunity to challenge Verstappen for 2nd place. And the same throughout the rest of the field. That's why this decision was wrong.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Deuce wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:19 pm The lapped cars between Hamilton and Verstappen were told to unlap themselves. This provided Verstappen an opportunity to overtake Hamilton once the safety car was removed from the track.
The problem with allowing only the lapped cars between Hamilton and Verstappen to unlap themselves, and not permitting the other lapped cars to unlap themselves, is that the cars positioned in 3rd, 4th, 5th place, etc. did not really have a chance to improve their positions on that final racing lap because there were lapped cars in the way.

Giving Verstappen a much better chance of overtaking Hamilton on the last lap than Sainz was given to overtake Verstappen - or than Tsunoda was given to overtake Sainz, etc. is blatantly unfair.
If you're going to make it so that the cars in 1st and 2nd place are one behind the other and have a chance to race each other on the re-start, you have to also make it so that the car in 2nd place and the car in 3rd place are also one behind the other, etc.
Why was Verstappen given a much better chance to overtake Hamilton than Sainz was given to overtake Verstappen?

As others have said - you have to either allow ALL the lapped cars through, or none of them. Had Sainz been directly behind Verstappen at the re-start, maybe he would have passed Verstappen. The race director cannot assume that would not happen. Nor can he deny Sainz the opportunity to challenge Verstappen for 2nd place. And the same throughout the rest of the field. That's why this decision was wrong.
Thanks for this explanation. I'm learning.
KLow23 Barbados

Post by KLow23 »

random but scott davenport is a bit of a basketball genius