by Togtdyalttai Hello and welcome to the 2022 TAT NFL Challenge! We'll be doing a confidence pool once again this year.

In case you need a refresher, or if you want to join, it's not too difficult. Suppose there are n games in a given week. You rank your confidence in a pick from 17 - n (least confident) to 16 (most confident). Note: this is changed from last year, when we weighted games from 1 to n.

If you don't wish to read any further, you don't need to; the rest of the introduction is mainly for transparency purposes.

As was the case last year, you can rank a game before Sunday whatever you want, but if you so happen to miss a pick for one or more of those games, they will be given the lowest possible weights. In addition, you may not change the weight of a game after it has started. For example, suppose there 16 games total on a given week, 1 on Thursday, 2 on Saturday, and 13 on Sunday. You forgot to pick the Thursday and Saturday games. Then those three combined would default to being worth a total of 6 points, and you could weight the remaining games from 4-16 points. Here's an example of how you might post your picks:

Philadelphia 1
Pittsburgh 5
Indianapolis 2
Tennessee 6
San Francisco 11
New England 3
New Orleans 9
Jacksonville 14
Baltimore 16
Kansas City 10
Seattle 4
Arizona 7
Carolina 8
Chicago 12
NY Jets 13
LA Rams 15

Because life happens and we tend to miss weeks, your overall score for the regular season will be the sum of your best 17 weekly scores. The worst week will not be included.

This will extend into the playoffs as well, with scoring remaining the same as last year. I'll remind you of that scoring once we get that far.

Now here are the games for week 1. Picks for Buffalo at LA Rams are due Thursday, September 8th at 8:20 PM ET. All others are due Sunday, September 11th at 1 PM ET.

Buffalo at LA Rams
New Orleans at Atlanta
Cleveland at Carolina
San Francisco at Chicago
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati
Philadelphia at Detroit
Indianapolis at Houston
New England at Miami
Baltimore at NY Jets
Jacksonville at Washington
NY Giants at Tennessee
Kansas City at Arizona
Las Vegas at LA Chargers
Green Bay at Minnesota
Tampa Bay at Dallas
Denver at Seattle

by ponchi101 I will only say:
Last year during the playoffs, we had some weeks of negative scoring. So, in theory, if somebody had missed a play off week scoring, that person would have done better than people that submitted a forecast, and ended up losing points.
Might be something to consider.

by patrick LA Rams 1
New Orleans 10
Carolina 4
Chicago 3
Cincinnati 11
Philadelphia 12
Indianapolis 13
Miami 5
Baltimore 16
Washington 2
Tennessee 14
Kansas City 6
LA Chargers 15
Minnesota 9
Tampa Bay 8
Denver 7

by Fastbackss LA rams - 1

by ponchi101 Rams - 1

by New England Nitemare Buffalo [1]

by JazzNU Buffalo 1

by ptmcmahon
Togtdyalttai wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:39 pm
Kansas City at Minnesota
Minor correction - Kansas City plays at Arizona.

by ptmcmahon Buffalo 3
New Orleans 5
Carolina 2
San Francisco 16
Cincinnati 9
Philadelphia 14
Indianapolis 13
Miami 4
Baltimore 12
Washington 6
Tennessee 15
Kansas City 11
LA Chargers 10
Minnesota 7
Dallas 1
Denver 8

by Togtdyalttai LA Rams 1

by wolfy333 buffalo

by wolfy333 Buffalo 1

by Omegadoom L.A Rams 1

by ptmcmahon Just because I probably won't be able to say it later on... but I'm in the lead!

by ponchi101
ptmcmahon wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:46 am Just because I probably won't be able to say it later on... but I'm in the lead!
You don't know, because this will be your WORST week and it won't count! ;)

by New England Nitemare New Orleans [5]
Carolina [11]
San Francisco [9]
Cincinnati [12]
Philadelphia [8]
Indianapolis [13]
Miami [3]
Baltimore [16]
Washington [7]
Tennessee [15]
Kansas City [10]
LA Chargers [4]
Minnesota [6]
Dallas [2]
Denver [14]

by ptmcmahon
ponchi101 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:57 pm
ptmcmahon wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:46 am Just because I probably won't be able to say it later on... but I'm in the lead!
You don't know, because this will be your WORST week and it won't count! ;)
I supposed technically no one will be winning after week 1 since it will be everyone's worst week so far and won't count for any of us!

by JazzNU New Orleans 10
Cleveland 4
San Francisco 13
Cincinnati 9
Philadelphia 11
Indianapolis 16
Miami 7
Baltimore 12
Washington 8
Tennessee 14
Kansas City 6
Las Vegas 2
Minnesota 5
Tampa Bay 3
Denver 15

by ponchi101 LA Rams - 1
New Orleans - 14
Carolina - 6
San Francisco - 10
Cincinnati - 13
Philadelphia - 7
Indianapolis - 16
Miami - 3
Baltimore - 15
Washington - 2
Tennessee - 11
Kansas City - 12
LA Chargers - 8
Minnesota - 5
Tampa Bay - 4
Denver - 9

by Omess New Orleans 5
Carolina 9
San Francisco 7
Cincinnati 15
Philadelphia 6
Indianapolis 4
Miami 3
Baltimore 16
Washington 2
Tennessee 13
Arizona 8
LA Chargers 14
Green Bay 12
Dallas 10
Denver 11

by wolfy333 New Orleans 10
Carolina 3
San Francisco 12
Cincinnati 11
Philadelphia 9
Indianapolis 13
Miami 5
Baltimore 14
Washington 6
Tennessee 8
Kansas City 15
Las Vegas 7
Minnesota 2
Tampa Bay 4
Denver 16

by Fastbackss New Orleans 4
Carolina 3
San Francisco 5
Cincinnati 16
Detroit 6
Indianapolis 10 
Miami 2
Baltimore 11
Washington 7
Tennessee 12
Arizona 9 
LA Chargers 14
Green Bay 15
 Dallas 8
Denver 13

by Togtdyalttai LA Rams 1
New Orleans 11
Carolina 9
San Francisco 8
Cincinnati 13
Philadelphia 10
Indianapolis 14
New England 2
Baltimore 12
Washington 16
Tennessee 15
Kansas City 4
LA Chargers 5
Minnesota 3
Tampa Bay 3
Denver 7

by Omegadoom New Orleans 11
Carolina 3
San Francisco 6
Cincinnati 12
Philadelphia 9
Indianapolis 16
Miami 8
Baltimore 15
Washington 7
Tennessee 10
Kansas City 13
LA Chargers 5
Minnesota 4
Tampa Bay 2
Denver 14

by ponchi101 Ah, we were joking about it. But it might be, indeed, EVERYBODY's worst week.
Good job, Indy, Cincy, Tenn and SF.

by ptmcmahon Yup. San Fran, Tennessee, and Indy were 3 of my 4 most confident picks for the week. Ugh. And I took the Titans in my suicide pool. Seconds straight year out in week 1!

by ponchi101 The CIncy game was awful. It was really "fun" in that it was exciting, but as football, it was terrible.
I took Burrow in my FF but at this rate, he will be out with an injury soon. I know Pitt is a very good defense (or was, now that TJ Is out for a while) but the Cincy frontline is basically cottage cheese. It was as if the Steelers were taking turns: "Who sacks him next? Anybody? Anybody?".

by New England Nitemare Lots of upsets, I'm in a survivor pool had 6 entries, down to 3.....next week's games don't look much better to say, boom....that looks like a solid pick. SF was horrendous in the 2nd half. Cincinnati should have won in regulation, I had a very bad feeling about that game once it went into OT. Indy vs Houston played to a tie? Indy had to rally from 20-3 down, and they missed a GW FG in OT. I really thought Tampa vs Dallas would be a toss-up. Terrible game. Dallas was so bad offensively....19-3 final could have been a lot worse.

by ponchi101 Tog.
BTW, you picked two teams at #3: Minnesota and TB. They both won.

by Fastbackss
New England Nitemare wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:56 pm Lots of upsets, I'm in a survivor pool had 6 entries, down to 3.....next week's games don't look much better to say, boom....that looks like a solid pick. SF was horrendous in the 2nd half. Cincinnati should have won in regulation, I had a very bad feeling about that game once it went into OT. Indy vs Houston played to a tie? Indy had to rally from 20-3 down, and they missed a GW FG in OT. I really thought Tampa vs Dallas would be a toss-up. Terrible game. Dallas was so bad offensively....19-3 final could have been a lot worse.
The survivor pool I am in had 9 entries. 8 picked a losing team. Luckily it's a double elimination lol

by ptmcmahon Yeah I checked my suicide pool and 52 of 80 picks...lost.