'22 USO Day 8 OoP & Discussion

Talk and announcements about the big 4 tournaments
meganfernandez United States of America

Re: '22 USO Day 8 OoP & Discussion

Post by meganfernandez »

Didn’t know Sabalenka was down 6-2, 5-1, two match points in R2. Almost exactly like Wozniacki when she won the Aussie - was down MPs at 5-1 in the third in R2 that year

Said she changed her racket between serves because she felt it was way too loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

meganfernandez wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:15 pm
ti-amie wrote:Niemeier has double faulted herself into a corner. She's down 2-0 in the third set.
Iga is not playing the best tennis of the tournament by far. But this is a good example of champions winning they aren’t playing their best. Chanda pointed out that Swiatek’s intensity hasn’t dipped. That contributes to pressure on the opponent and helps them crack.
^ Yes - the biggest part of being a champion is to win the matches when you're not playing well. It's comparatively easy to win the matches where you're playing great. But to dig down deep, not give up, and keep exploring different avenues to try to win a match when you're not playing well - THAT'S what really makes a champion.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

I was going to write that Ivashka looks like he might actually win this match, ahead 3-1 in the 5th...
But since I had that thought, Sinner has come back to life and isn't missing anything.
It's as if someone said to him "Hey - YOU'RE the one who's supposed to win this!"
3-3 now...

Cilic, who I think has a good shot at beating Alcaraz, is looking good in the 2nd set - up 5-2...
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
jazzyg United States of America

Post by jazzyg »

Sinner won 19 of the last 21 points, including an incredible passing shot off a lob that he had to retrieve at the baseline.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Alcaraz-Sinner will hopefully be a great match.
Improbabledream United States of America

Post by Improbabledream »

Pat mcenroe and james blake debating what a foot fault is might have been more entertaining if someone was there calling the foot fault. On another note the linespeople/ human error/ drama of the challenges was almost perfect. Like before that era, the stew was a little too cold, but after acheiving perfect temperature, decided to make it too hot. Why?
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Improbabledream wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:25 am Pat mcenroe and james blake debating what a foot fault is might have been more entertaining if someone was there calling the foot fault. On another note the linespeople/ human error/ drama of the challenges was almost perfect. Like before that era, the stew was a little too cold, but after acheiving perfect temperature, decided to make it too hot. Why?
They have a camera on the baselines which a human is apparently monitoring for foot faults.
But I don't believe they have a camera on the centre line for same.
When was the last time anyone remembers a centre line foot fault being called? I've seen many centre line foot faults on TV and live - and none of them are called. It's like a forgotten rule or something.
I think they should extend that short centre line marker about 6 inches beyond the baseline - that would make centre line foot faults more evident.

Meanwhile, Cilic just broke, and is serving for the 4th set at 5-4...
R.I.P. Amal...

texasniteowl

Post by texasniteowl »

well...a 5th set for Cilic-Alcaraz...just another really late night!
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Latest one yet! Good thing I'm on vacation and don't have to work in four hours :)

Cilic passed himself for the 4th latest finishing match. They fell 3 minutes short of the 3 way tie for latest finish though.
:steven:
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Cilic's feet positioning while serving is ridiculous.
3 mm's back, and there is no issue. Are you going to tell me that you need to start your motion with your foot ON THE LINE, because, you know, that is going to give you what sort of advantage?
What the heck, he is a pro, I am not.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem