by Togtdyalttai
ponchi101 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:42 pm I will only say:
Last year during the playoffs, we had some weeks of negative scoring. So, in theory, if somebody had missed a play off week scoring, that person would have done better than people that submitted a forecast, and ended up losing points.
Might be something to consider.
That's why the worst week thing is only for the regular season. Missing a playoff week might be good for you anyway, but it's a different decision mindset.

by JazzNU
ponchi101 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:42 pm I will only say:
Last year during the playoffs, we had some weeks of negative scoring. So, in theory, if somebody had missed a play off week scoring, that person would have done better than people that submitted a forecast, and ended up losing points.
Might be something to consider.
Flip side is that you can get yourself into better position as well if you get it right. I missed I think two weeks during the regular season, didn't even realize I could wind up competing for the final group, but because I was either the only one or one of two that had the Niners beating the Packers (there were a couple of others where I picked correctly too and valued highly), it kept me within shouting distance of the leaders even though it was unlikely I could win. But I had a respectable showing in the end when I was certain I'd be in the bottom 3 after missing two weeks during the regular season.

by Togtdyalttai Here's the place to talk about what's going on with your picks and the NFL teams letting you down.

by Togtdyalttai There was quite the gap between the highest and lowest scores with the crazy results in week 1. Patrick built himself a nice lead to start off, being 12 points ahead of Omegadoom, his nearest competitor.

Scoreboard

by ponchi101 As I said, a good chance this will be the worst week for a few teams.

by patrick That will be the last time I will be in the lead

by ponchi101 Nah, look at the rest of us. You are basically playing against The Jets and Houston, all the time ;)

by ptmcmahon Another week of potential duds... two of my top 3 that have played so far lost (Baltimore and Cleveland.) Good thing the Rams didn't blow it like they nearly did!

by ponchi101 The Baltimore and Cleveland scores really busted us. I was happy for the Dolphins, but the Browns are favorites and I really wanted them to win.
That WORST WEEK thing is going to be a factor pretty soon.

by Togtdyalttai Ptmcmahon has taken the lead after week 2 (note that I'm not applying the worst week filter yet) after scoring 101 points. Wolfy333 also made it over the century mark. Scores were generally quite a bit higher than in the last week, and we did not have as wide a spread in scoring.

Scoreboard

by ponchi101 The unofficial count, if we take into consideration "worst week out" rules:
Fastbackss 82
JazzNu 67
NE Nitemare 91
Omegadoom 93
Omess 87
Patrick 86
Ponchi101 79
PtMcmahon 101
Togtdyalttai 87
Wolfy333 100

This takes out everybody's worst week.

by ptmcmahon Am I the only one seeing only week one scores on the scoreboard?

by patrick No

by Togtdyalttai Sorry about that. The scores should be up now.

by Fastbackss
ptmcmahon wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:55 am Am I the only one seeing only week one scores on the scoreboard?
I presumed it was me since Ponchi posted an update involving week 2!

by ponchi101 Remember. My posting was unofficial. This is Tog's contest to run.
But the contest staff works backups :)

by Fastbackss EVERY year I consciously tell myself to avoid road teams on Thursday games and I do it anyway.
Such an idiot.

by ptmcmahon Well, they were 1-1 coming into the week. I found it hard to make myself pick Cleveland after what happened last Sunday.

by ponchi101 The Jets game was an anomaly. The Browns are not that bad: Chubb and Hunt are good RB's, Brisset is an unspectacular but reliable QB.
Still, it was a tough game to pick from.

by ptmcmahon Pittsburgh 2
New England 3
Buffalo 15
NY Jets 11
Kansas City 14
LA Chargers 16
Seattle 1
Tampa Bay 10
Arizona 9
San Francisco 8
NY Giants 7

That was my list of losers this week, top 3, and 8 of top 10 (and one of my wins needed a late TD for a comeback.) I strongly suspect this might be worst week that gets dropped. Then again the whole season has been going like this.

by ponchi101 I think the highest score for the week is 83. And yes, by now the LOWEST SCORE clause is becoming slightly meaningless: we are having a lot of LOW SCORE weeks.
KC and Buffalo did not help.

by ptmcmahon At this point we should almost just keep only our best week :D

by Togtdyalttai New week, new leader once again! Wolfy333 is now at the top with a week high of 83, while previous leader slipped down to 5th with the second lowest weekly score of the year. What fun could next week bring?

Scoreboard

by Togtdyalttai I won't be able to post scores next week. I'll be updating them again after week 5.

by ponchi101 I'll take over, Tog. I am keeping a parallel score.
Enjoy... whatever you will be doing. :thumbsup:

by ponchi101 If you apply WORST WEEK rules, we stand as follow:
Wolfy333 183
PtMcmahon 173
Omegadoom 167
Patrick 163
NE Nitemare 157
Ponchi101 156
Togtdyalttai 151
Omess 146
Fastbackss 145
JazzNu 134

by ponchi101 UNOFFICIAL numbers, as TOG is in charge of this contest.
----------------Week 4 Total (- worst) TOTAL
Wolfy333 -- 93 -- 276 -- 342
NE Nitemare -- 103 -- 260 -- 320
Togtdyalttai -- 106 -- 257 -- 318
Patrick -- 93 -- 256 -- 305
Ponchi101 -- 99 -- 255 -- 325
Fastbackss -- 107 -- 252 -- 290
PtMcmahon -- 76 -- 249 -- 289
Omegadoom -- 1 -- 238 -- 239
JazzNu -- 102 -- 236 -- 296
Omess -- 82 -- 228 -- 274

First number is WEEK 4 total, second is TOTAL MINUS WORST WEEK, third is TOTAL. Sorting is done based on TOTAL - WORST WEEK.

by Togtdyalttai Wolfy333 has kept the lead for three weeks now, but only has a 3-point buffer over patrick in second. The latter posted the highest weekly score of the year in week with 109.

Scoreboard

by wolfy333 If there is only 14 games in week 6 the points only go up to 14?

by ptmcmahon No, they changed it this year so every week will have 16 point games. Its to help prevent bye weeks from being less important since they'd have lower scores for sure.

So this week they go 16-3 since there are 14 games.

by ponchi101
wolfy333 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:26 pm If there is only 14 games in week 6 the points only go up to 14?
PT also replied, but just for you to be sure: the LOWEST ranked pick for this week (and those with 14 games) is 3 POINTS.

by Togtdyalttai Despite posting only 71 points for the week, wolfy333's lead grew to 8, as we saw the lowest (granted there were 2 fewer games) scores of the year. Ptmcmahon had the highest score of the week with 76, as he moved up to a pack behind wolfy with New England Nitemare and patrick.

Scoreboard

by Togtdyalttai I likely won't be able to update the scoreboard for the next two weeks.

by ponchi101 I'll update. You can check upon return.

by ponchi101 Brady and Rogers. What lousy picks this week.

by New England Nitemare
ponchi101 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:49 pm Brady and Rogers. What lousy picks this week.
Tell me about it. Brady and Rodgers have really fallen off this season. Green Bay and Tampa Bay are now 3-4. Both may not make the playoffs this year. Although, Tampa Bay is still in 1st place in the horrible NFC South Division which doesn't have a team at .500 Green Bay is falling further behind Minnesota who's 5-1 and has already beat Green Bay this year.

by ponchi101 Correct me if I am wrong, because I am not sure about this. Didn't GB have to let go of Davante Adams and Valdez Scalding, because Rodgers contract is too steep?
That is what happens with arrogant athletes, in team sports. Sure, he is a great QB, but he has to throw the ball to somebody.
I can understand Brady a bit more; the Bucs are missing some players. And they can win that division. Still too early to say what will happen there.

by JazzNU Didn't think the Bucs would lose given all that is going on with the Panthers org right now. Knew Green Bay had a decent chance of losing, just thought they would attempt to rally and get a win this week given all the noise getting louder and louder around them (the entire team, not just Aaron). I also view Taylor as a more reliable QB than Carson though, so I wasn't thinking downgrade on that front.

GB could've kept Davante Adams most likely had Aaron Rodgers made a decision much, much earlier on his contract. But he milked that media attention for all it was worth as usual making it seem like he might leave, and as everyone predicted, the longer he delayed, the worse it would be for the overall team to get other players signed. They matched Las Vegas' offer to Davante, but it was done very late in the game after a long period of uncertainty on whether or not Aaron would be returning and for how long.

by ptmcmahon Yeah, Rodgers can blame himself as much as anyone for not having Davante around.

by ptmcmahon
ponchi101 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:49 pm Brady and Rogers. What lousy picks this week.
I... think... Tampa is the only game I've gotten wrong this week.

Of course I have my 16 point game tonight :)

by ponchi101 Indeed, you and Patrick were the sole pickers of DC this week. Impressive :notworthy:

by ptmcmahon I'd have been just fine being wrong about that one.

NFL challenge.jpg
We have now three clearly separated groups:
Wolfy333, PtMcmahon, Patrick and Nitemare are all within 2 points, in the leading pack.
Tog and I are separated from them by around 20 points.
JazzNu, Omess and fastbackss are in turn around 50 points from the lead.
Omegadoom has stopped contesting.

These numbers are with the exclusion of the worst week.
Let me know if you spot any errors.
-->
by ponchi101 Unofficial, until Tog confirms the scores:
NFL challenge.jpg
We have now three clearly separated groups:
Wolfy333, PtMcmahon, Patrick and Nitemare are all within 2 points, in the leading pack.
Tog and I are separated from them by around 20 points.
JazzNu, Omess and fastbackss are in turn around 50 points from the lead.
Omegadoom has stopped contesting.

These numbers are with the exclusion of the worst week.
Let me know if you spot any errors.

NFL Challenge.jpg
-->
by ponchi101 A good week, with 5 teams going over 100.
PT and NEM were the sole Cleveland pickers, and PT scored a monster 127. He has now opened a clear gap at the top. The Nitemare moved clearly into 2nd.
I guess PT and Nitemare understood one simple fact: Great quarterbacks have at least one great receiver. And without Ja'marre, Burrow came down to earth.
NFL Challenge.jpg

by JazzNU
ponchi101 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:06 pm I guess PT and Nitemare understood one simple fact: Great quarterbacks have at least one great receiver. And without Ja'marre, Burrow came down to earth.
Well okay. Clearly not a believer in Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd.

by ponchi101 Tyler is for real, and so is Tee. But it has to work as a triad; Ja'marr opens the field and makes the three of them better.
Anyway, remember that I am certainly NOT TMQB material... ;)
Serious here: do you think Tyler is as good as Ja'marr? Again, I really don't know.

by JazzNU
ponchi101 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:43 pm Tyler is for real, and so is Tee. But it has to work as a triad; Ja'marr opens the field and makes the three of them better.
Anyway, remember that I am certainly NOT TMQB material... ;)
Serious here: do you think Tyler is as good as Ja'marr? Again, I really don't know.
Neither is as talented as Ja'marr. But Tee would easily be a #1 receiver on about half the teams in the NFL right now and Tyler would be close to it. Tee would've been a 1st round pick had he gone in a different draft, his year was heavy with talented wide receivers and he went in the top of the 2nd. And the only reason Tyler wasn't a 1st round draft pick was because of off-the-field stuff hurting him. The Bengals essentially have three 1st round caliber wide receivers.

I don't think they lost because they are lacking a great wide receiver right now with Ja'Marr out, they lost when he was there too. They lost because they are the Bengals, inexplicable losses are built into their DNA.

by Togtdyalttai Ptmcmahon's lead shrunk to 5 in week 9 after posting the worst score of the week. He would actually be in 4th if we didn't subtract the worst week at this point. Omess had the highest score for the week with 110, which is quite impressive for the small number of games in the week.

Thank you to Ponchi for filling in for me! My scores matched his, and the scoreboard should now be fully updated.

Scoreboard

by Togtdyalttai Patrick took the lead from ptmcmahon in week 10 and now has a 4-point lead. But omess had the best score of the week with 92. There was a wide range of scores in the week, with a low of 57.

Scoreboard

by JazzNU Not sure if or where people will check, so I'll post in both here and the picks thread.

Cleveland at Buffalo will now be played in Detroit due to forecasts projecting at least 3 feet of snow on Sunday.

Ad San Francisco at Arizona is being played in Mexico City.

by ponchi101 Detroit is a dome, right?

by ptmcmahon Whoops, missed tonight's game. I would've given Tennessee pretty high too...probably a 12 or 13.

by ponchi101 I picked them, but would have never gone that high.

by ptmcmahon It's always easy to be more pessimistic about your favorite team :)

by JazzNU
ponchi101 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:58 am Detroit is a dome, right?
Yes, Ford Field is a dome. As long as the team can get there, they should be good to play.

by Fastbackss So asinine that they didn't travel earlier.

As amusing it is that fans are helping to dig out the players it is somewhat embarrassing.

(And here's to hoping they just stay in Detroit for the 4 days after)

by JazzNU
Fastbackss wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:56 pm So asinine that they didn't travel earlier.

As amusing it is that fans are helping to dig out the players it is somewhat embarrassing.

(And here's to hoping they just stay in Detroit for the 4 days after)
Completely ridiculous. When they announced virtual practice on Friday, I was like, how about no practice and travel? Even just getting to Rochester or somewhere else nearby that isn't getting slammed would've done it if they weren't yet to completely move to Detroit. And as great as Bills Mafia is, I do not need to see that committed fanbase clearing out these multi-millionaires' cars and driveways at all.

by Togtdyalttai Ptmcmahon stole the lead back from patrick in week 11, but New England Nitemare is nipping on both of their heels. All three are within 5 of the lead, with the pack farther back. New England Nitemare led the way for the week with 107.

Scoreboard

by ptmcmahon Just imagine if I had picked Thursday in time :)

by Omess I thought I had a good week 11 :eek:

by Togtdyalttai Ptmcmahon's lead widened again, to over 30 points after a solid week 12. Wolfy333 had the best score for the week with 111 to move up into second place.

Scoreboard

by Togtdyalttai Wolfy333 posted an absolutely stellar week 13 score of 128 points! This was only 7 points off the maximum score for the week, and that only because Commanders-Giants ended in a tie. It still wasn't enough to catch ptmcmahon in the leaderboard though; the latter is still up by 5 points.

Scoreboard

by Togtdyalttai I won't be able to update scores again for the next two weeks. The last couple times I might have been able to post manual, but this one I won't be able to do that either.

by ponchi101 I'll cover for you :thumbsup:

NFL Challenge.jpg
-->
by ponchi101 Moderate scores for the week, with lots of losses due to the Lions becoming a winning team, and the Seahawks regressing.
Wolfy333 takes the lead over PT, and they both gained separation from the pack.
NFL Challenge.jpg

Challenge.jpg
-->
by ponchi101 JazzNu's gamble/foresight on the Jags paid off handsomely, and she earned the top score for the week.
Wolfie gained separation from Pt, as they enjoy 1-2 in the standings.
There is a tight pack between 3-5, separated by a few points.
Three more weeks, and this seems to be Wolfy's season.
Challenge.jpg

NFL Challenge.jpg
-->
by ponchi101 With the game almost over:
Patrick got the high score, and is about to get the #3 position. Wolfie lost part of his cushion but remains in first, and PtMacmahon is only 13 points behind. Something tells me that if week 18 is one of those with multiple teams sitting their players, this is going to be a mess.
NFL Challenge.jpg

by ptmcmahon 9/14 playoff spots are clinched, and 3 or 4 more could be next week as well. Home advantage in the NFC is close to being wrapped up.

I agree that week 18 may not mean much to many teams. It's going to be a rough week.

by ponchi101 The Titans are already talking about tanking THIS week, to get ready for week 18.
In the AFC: IF the Bills lose to the Bengals on Monday (and that is possible) they lose the top seed for the AFC. So all three teams (those two plus the Chiefs) will have to be serious on week 18.
In the NFC, the Eagles can take care of business this weekend, which makes it no good for the Cowboys to play for real on week 18.
So we may have at least have of the games being played for nothing. Scrubs Vs Scrubs. Those will be tough picks.

by ptmcmahon If I remember right, Tennessee was in the same situation in 2019 and rested Henry in second last game - knowing winning their last game would be enough to make the playoffs.

Wonder if Jacksonville rest anyone.

As a Packers fan I need one more Commanders, or two Giants losses... so I'll definitely have to hope either Washington goes down this week, or Dallas/Philly have something to play for in week 18.

Although scrub games wind up weird often...the scrubs win more often than you would think they should.

by Togtdyalttai Wolfy333 continues to lead after week 17 with a 13-point cushion, but ponchi101 moved up to a tie for second with ptmcmahon. JazzNU had the second highest score of the week with a stellar 115.

Scoreboard

by Fastbackss This has been a humbling year. You all are crushing it!

I got 12 out of 15, and still was far in arrears.

Amusingly I dominated my other league (non-confidence) - and have the 2nd most amount of wins in it.

by ponchi101 Because you picked two teams at 12. Therefore, you did not get the 15-points team.
(Which was Philly, for me).

by ponchi101 This week will be difficult. I would say these games are meaningless:
Carolina at New Orleans (both out)
Houston at Indianapolis (both out)
Minnesota at Chicago (Minnessota has nothing to win, Chicago is out)
Tampa Bay at Atlanta (nothing to win by either one)
Arizona at San Francisco (Why would Arizona even play hard?)
Dallas at Washington (Wash is out, Dallas has a reason)
LA Chargers at Denver (Why would Denver even field a real team?)
LA Rams at Seattle (Same for the Rams)
NY Giants at Philadelphia (Giants have no reason to play hard)

So there are a few easy picks, and then total 50/50 games. Let's see who picks them better.

by ptmcmahon I'm not sure why you listed the last 5 games as meaningless - all are meaningful for one of the teams. (The Chargers have implied they are playing hard in their game with only seeding to gain.)

Minnesota have something to gain - they can still get #2 seed and home advantage for round 2. They get #2 if they win and SF lose.

by ptmcmahon That didn't wind up too bad for me, think I only got three wrong. And if I could've changed before late games I would've switched off Chargers once their game because completely meaningless for them.

by ponchi101 Dallas really threw a stinker. And I had them at 15.
I guess I am now, again, one point behind PT. But I am also getting convinced that Wolfie is some AI-Las-Vegas product. Every time we get close to him, off he zooms into the distance.
And he is also leading AMitS. Impressive.

Message for Tog. How are we going to score the playoffs and SB? Will we again use the formula that if you pick one game wrong, you get points deducted?

by Togtdyalttai
ponchi101 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:31 pm Dallas really threw a stinker. And I had them at 15.
I guess I am now, again, one point behind PT. But I am also getting convinced that Wolfie is some AI-Las-Vegas product. Every time we get close to him, off he zooms into the distance.
And he is also leading AMitS. Impressive.

Message for Tog. How are we going to score the playoffs and SB? Will we again use the formula that if you pick one game wrong, you get points deducted?
Yep, same scoring as last year.

by wolfy333 Hey blame that on Omegadoom he is the one that got me interested in do the TAT contests.

by Togtdyalttai I'm posting a scoreboard update in a different way this week, but it's an update nonetheless.

Scored were mostly clustered in the 90s and low 100s for the last week of the regular season. JazzNU and Omess had the highest scores of the week with 107. Wolfy333 finished the regular season on top, but only leads ptmcmahon by 6 and ponchi101 by 7.

by ptmcmahon Definitely a little tighter after yesterday as the top 3 all had the Chargers!

by ponchi101 I am keeping a parallel count. I start with all games being assigned lost. Then, if you win, you get the points.
The big winner so far is JazzNu. She had the Jags at 15. With today's games pending, she is only at -25 points, and getting very close. The top three are at -55, for the weekend.
We may have a logjam on Tuesday.

by JazzNU Well, given that I was absolutely talking to myself late in the 2nd quarter about why did I think trusting Trevor Lawrence was a good idea and why did I take that first game into heavy consideration and rationalizing that -15 points isn't that bad and I'll still have a chance, this is rather shocking news. It was a rollercoaster.

by ponchi101 And I thought you had it all coldly figured out... ;)
(Very good call, one way or another :thumbsup: )

by ptmcmahon
JazzNU wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:07 pm Well, given that I was absolutely talking to myself late in the 2nd quarter about why did I think trusting Trevor Lawrence was a good idea and why did I take that first game into heavy consideration and rationalizing that -15 points isn't that bad and I'll still have a chance, this is rather shocking news. It was a rollercoaster.
In my home pick em playoff pool only one person took the Jags also. It was a very hard match to be too sure about either way I found.

by JazzNU
ptmcmahon wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:13 pm In my home pick em playoff pool only one person took the Jags also. It was a very hard match to be too sure about either way I found.
Agreed. The only reason I picked them was because of the beatdown they gave them earlier in the season. I thought it would be a different matchup this time, a closer game, but figured Doug Pederson must have identified something in their game plan that was flawed before. I was definitely picking the Chargers until I remembered the other game and I've been unimpressed with the Chargers all season so it wasn't that hard to imagine them figuring out a way to lose.

In general, I thought 3 of the games were very hard to pick and wouldn't be surprised at either team winning. Now if Miami pulls this off, that'll be more shocking to me than the Jags coming back from 0-27.

by ponchi101 With the Giants' victory, JazzNu and Patrick have leapt at least to 3rd and 2nd. We all have Cincy, but are split for Dal/TB. If one of them gets both right, they cash the bonus and will be outright 1st.

by ptmcmahon No surprise the three hard games are the key this week!

by ptmcmahon 0 for 3 on the hard ones.

Interesting to see if anyone goes for any upsets this week. I wasn't going to originally but after this week I'm wondering if maybe I do need to throw one in there....only three games left after this week so this may be last chance if I've dropped behind a couple of people :)

by ponchi101 This is unofficial, because it is Tog that keeps track.
Wolfy is still in first place. But, if my numbers are correct, these are the next four:
Patrick 1655
JazzNu 1654
PtMcmahon 1652
Ponchi101 1651

JazzNu had a monster week, and Patrick did well too.

I also missed all the hard games. It is the same pattern as every year for me. I do well except for ONE really bad week. Last year I finished the season in first, and then crashed in the playoffs. Same as it ever was.

by ptmcmahon But what is Wolfy's score? :)

by ponchi101
ptmcmahon wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:23 pm But what is Wolfy's score? :)
16,452 points. ;)
I leave that to Tog. Remember, my numbers don't count.

by ptmcmahon Image

by Togtdyalttai I'll post the scores tomorrow evening.

by Togtdyalttai The wild card was a mixed bag: everyone gained points but some gained quite a bit more than others. JazzNU and Togtdyalttai had the highest scores of the week with 95, while 4 contestants scored only 45. There's now a muddle at the top of the leaderboard: while wolfy333 is still in the lead, 4 others are within 30.

by Fastbackss Can one of the playoff rounds count as a drop?

(If so, I would argue in the future that only a regular season week should count)

by Togtdyalttai
Fastbackss wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:07 am Can one of the playoff rounds count as a drop?

(If so, I would argue in the future that only a regular season week should count)
No, it cannot. Here's a quote from the rules posted in the first week:
your overall score for the regular season will be the sum of your best 17 weekly scores. The worst week will not be included.

by Fastbackss Oh man I should read better. Thank you

by ptmcmahon Since everyone except Jazz had more points on Chiefs than I ... really could have used the Jaguars to win today!

by ponchi101 The key game will be Bills/Bengals. We are split there.

by ptmcmahon True, although 6/9 people did pick Bills so them winning only helps me gain on a couple. Much less than if KC has won.

Of course if Buffalo lose (my 48 point pick) then I'm toast.

by ponchi101 You went all in on them. Indeed, that would be tough.
I went only 12 on Cincy. That game will be decided by a FG (watch it not be a rout).

by JazzNU KC losing would've torched quite a few I noticed. Were y'all sweating when Patrick went down?

by ptmcmahon He's been my QB in my keeper league for the last 5-6 years or so (and my team is named after him) so as much as I wanted them to lose I felt bad when he was hurt.

by ponchi101
JazzNU wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:37 am KC losing would've torched quite a few I noticed. Were y'all sweating when Patrick went down?
Nah. I saved all my sweating for the Alona/Coco match. ;)
But it did look very bad and whomever wins today between Bills/Bengals will be, not happy, but not terribly displeased. That ankle will swell considerably in the next days.

by JazzNU
ponchi101 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:33 pm That ankle will swell considerably in the next days.
No doubt. High ankle sprain.

by ponchi101 He will play next week, on anesthesia to the maximum legal level. But I say his chances of being able to run in one of his patented escapes will be close to null.

by Fastbackss Of course wolfy had Cinci :-)

by JazzNU
Fastbackss wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:03 am Of course wolfy had Cinci :-)
Can't lie, I didn't expect such high Buffalo confidence let alone that many picks for them.

by ponchi101 It was the most 50/50 match of the week, on paper. But this score was surprising.
I say the Bengals will look good next week.

by ponchi101 With SF winning, it boils down to this:
Wolfy (of course), JazzNU and I got 150 points because of the bonus. Those three teams are above 1800 points; Patrick is at around 1750.
So. Next week is it. Because the games seem to be very close, it can flip all over. Then, for the SB, whomever is in 2nd will have to pick opposite to #1.

by ptmcmahon
JazzNU wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:56 am
Fastbackss wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:03 am Of course wolfy had Cinci :-)
Can't lie, I didn't expect such high Buffalo confidence let alone that many picks for them.
For me, it was what I thought was my best chance to gain without hoping for a big upset in one of the other games, not necessarily actually being that confident in them. Although the Cinci O-Line injuries had made me a little more secure about it.

by Togtdyalttai Three contestants: wolfy333, ponchi101, and JazzNU, got all four divisional games correct and earned the crucial 30-point bonus. One of the three will now likely be our champion, as they sit at 1818, 1804, and 1801 with the closest competitor, patrick, back at 1751. Everyone else is below 1700.

Scoreboard

by ptmcmahon Yikes....126 points less than the leader this week. Playoffs are huge swings in this contest now.

by ponchi101 With both Wolfy and JazzNu ALSO picking Philly and Cincy, I have to switch at least one pick.
Go, NINERS!

by JazzNU
ponchi101 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:22 pm With both Wolfy and JazzNu ALSO picking Philly and Cincy, I have to switch at least one pick.
Go, NINERS!
You should go with who you think is going to win I think. I mean, if you choose just to choose and they don't win, will you be upset you didn't go with your gut?

Beyond just having no business being in contention to win this at all given how far out I was just a few weeks ago so having little expectations, I'm in a win-win situation with my choices anyway. Philly wins, I get the points. Philly loses, I'll be thrilled that my Niners are going back to the Super Bowl.

by ponchi101 Rooting for the Niners too, but you will have your chance next week. I have to make a move this week.

by ptmcmahon I didn't look at standings but I'd assume Ponchi made the right move. No point going with your gut if it gives you no chance to win.

I'd be more upset if I didn't make a move to try to win it if I could, even if it was a low % chance.

by New England Nitemare Picking Cincinnati and San Fran just about sums up how I did in this contest this year. It was a horrible year for me. Oh, well. There's always next year!!!

by ponchi101
New England Nitemare wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:56 pm Picking Cincinnati and San Fran just about sums up how I did in this contest this year. It was a horrible year for me. Oh, well. There's always next year!!!
I did well, but yesterday was awful. Obviously, I needed both SF and Cincy to win, but then SF runs out of QB's and Cincy was a disaster for 1:50 late in the game. So, minus 90 points, dropped from 3rd to 5th, and I am out of any contention.

Paging Tog: for the SB, shall we submit our picks via PM? Because Patrick and JazzNu (they are in 2nd and 3rd now) need to pick the opposite of Wolfy to win. And if they know who Wolfy picks (and that will be the winner :) ) their picks are forced.

by Togtdyalttai The conference championships were rough for us. Only one contestant, patrick, got both games right, catapulting him up to second place. Only two others notched a positive score. Wolfy333 still remains in the lead, but only just, with a 17 point lead over patrick.

Five contestants, wolfy333, patrick, JazzNU, omess, and ponchi101, remain alive for the medal.

Scoreboard

by ptmcmahon After finishing second in regular season...I could still finish last :)

by Togtdyalttai Congratulations to Patrick! After he correctly picked the Kansas City Chiefs in the Super Bowl and the leader wolfy333 picked the Philadelphia Eagles, he jumped into the lead for the first time since week 1!

It's been an interesting season, to say the least. I want to thank Ponchi immensely for helping out with this contest. Without him you would have seen scores updated much less often and less accurately.

Scoreboard

by Togtdyalttai Patrick, your medal has been awarded!

by wolfy333 Congratulations Patrick

by JazzNU Congrats Patrick!

Thanks to Tog and ponchi for running it.

by New England Nitemare Congrats to patrick on his NFL Challenge victory!!!

Thanks to Tog and ponchi for running this.

by ponchi101
Togtdyalttai wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:31 am Congratulations to Patrick! After he correctly picked the Kansas City Chiefs in the Super Bowl and the leader wolfy333 picked the Philadelphia Eagles, he jumped into the lead for the first time since week 1!

It's been an interesting season, to say the least. I want to thank Ponchi immensely for helping out with this contest. Without him you would have seen scores updated much less often and less accurately.

Scoreboard
I came in SECOND!!!??? Please, at least give me an AFC or NFC conference champ trophy!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
That was the week that doomed me ;)

Tog, anytime. I know this contest is hard to run. See you here next season :thumbsup:

by ptmcmahon 2nd in regular season to last for the year. What a choke :)

by ptmcmahon And my luck continues this year... anyone want to guess who I took in my suicide pool? :D