And other things related to basketball
JazzNU United States of America

Re: NBA Random

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

We watched ESPN's 30for30 on the Bad Boys the other night.

Seeing that Anthony Davis is injured I got to thinking about which current NBA players would've made it to stardom back in the day. LeBron is physical enough to have made it. Stephen Curry despite his size would've made it. Harden would've been left crying in a corner. Ironically I think Lillard would've been able to play in that era. Chris Paul would've tried. Players like Davis and Embiid are big but I don't see them play the way Laimbeer et al did back then.

I'm sure I'm leaving some players out.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

The bad boys had the reputation, but there were others. I don't think the new guys would have liked going for a rebound against Moses Malone or Rodman. Those two did not mind flying elbows.
The great ones would have made it at any era. I still wonder how come nobody ever stopped by Kareem's house and asked him to teach him his skyhook. Kareem would have been efficient in this era.
Wonder how long it would have taken MJ to learn to shoot 3's. One off season?
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:22 am The bad boys had the reputation, but there were others. I don't think the new guys would have liked going for a rebound against Moses Malone or Rodman. Those two did not mind flying elbows.
The great ones would have made it at any era. I still wonder how come nobody ever stopped by Kareem's house and asked him to teach him his skyhook. Kareem would have been efficient in this era.
Wonder how long it would have taken MJ to learn to shoot 3's. One off season?
That's a good question about MJ. The man is so competitive he would've done exactly what you said. One season of Curry and Thompson making it rain would've had him in the gym until he got it just right.

Agree about Malone and of course Rodman who MJ recruited to make sure someone had his back going inside. Kareem could get physical when the occasion called for it.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Post by JazzNU »

Post by JazzNU »

Good move for her. I'm not sure Pop is retiring anytime soon, and even if he is, I've had my doubts she'd be named the head coach when he retires. And coaching under Pop doesn't appear to be the path to head coaching that so many like to pretend it is. Several recent new NBA head coaches have been under him, but they don't get a head coaching job until they leave for another team first.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I saw some people on NBA Twitter expressing concern about her leaving the NBA umbrella for the WNBA. We'll see.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

And this dinosaur must point out that four of those five made it when there were no 3 pointers, and the fifth one did it by bumping into everybody but the usher to get foul shots called.
But still amazing for Steph.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:53 pm And this dinosaur must point out that four of those five made it when there were no 3 pointers, and the fifth one did it by bumping into everybody but the usher to get foul shots called.
But still amazing for Steph.

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:57 pm I saw some people on NBA Twitter expressing concern about her leaving the NBA umbrella for the WNBA. We'll see.
She's in a tough spot. I think this was probably her best option for the next few years. Seems like it would be very tough for her to make a lateral move in the NBA given how tied she is to Pop and how that would look.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

And the beat goes on...

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

What was that about the Detroit Bad Boys?

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

And let's not forget MOSES Malone. Another roaming fire hydrant while on the court.