'23 AO Day 4 OoP & Discussion

Talk and announcements about the big 4 tournaments
JazzNU United States of America

Re: '23 AO Day 4 OoP & Discussion

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:52 pm So, unless you decide that the night session will be just one match, these matches will happen.
That is the proposal.

My Andy comment was in jest.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

The Murray - Kokkinakis match had just about everything... Constant ebbs and flows... constant changes of momentum... constant frustration from both players... constant elation from both players... the crowd cheering for both players... old vs. young... both players quickly flying across the court during points, and walking slowly and lethargically in between... wildly unpredictable... over 5 ½ hours... finishing after 4am Melbourne time...
Even if it would have finished in straight sets, it would have been a great match. The 2 extra sets were a beautiful bonus, and made it all the more special.
It was the longest match in Murray’s long career. And he did it after a marathon match in the previous round. With a metal hip.

It was so captivating that, when I had to abandon it at the beginning of the 4th set, I set it to record for another 3 hours... I didn’t know the result until I saw the end of the match. I just finished watching it now. I never skipped ahead - I only skipped through the commercials.
Wonderful, wonderful stuff from both.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

JazzNU wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:47 am
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:52 pm So, unless you decide that the night session will be just one match, these matches will happen.
That is the proposal.

My Andy comment was in jest.
Then, I am glad to see that I am not the only one that is "emoji challenged".
Sorry for my reply, I understand what you said. ;)
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem