by ponchi101 We have started our thankless trip and some players are already writing us down in their Xmas gifts lists because they have won (largely thanks to the fact that some of us picked them), so:
I am posting OUR PICKS in the usual Excel sheet style. Right now, everybody has a perfect score of 20 in the first round because I have not updated scores.
Please check your individual tab and let me know if I made a mistake writing down any of your picks.

contests/YCWJ_files/2023-FO-YCWJ-Pick-Tracker.htm

As always, worst of luck (to your picks)

by Togtdyalttai The first round of the French Open YCWJ was rough. No one got a perfect score, and four were under 10, led by GlennHarman with only 4. The top scorer was jazzyg, but even they only had 18 and lost two picks. Three others notched 17.

We'll see if the remaining loser do what we want them to!

Scoreboard
Pick Tracker

by Togtdyalttai Also, please let me know if I've copied down any of your picks incorrectly. Ponchi's pick tracker is completely separate from mine.

by ponchi101
Togtdyalttai wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:13 am Also, please let me know if I've copied down any of your picks incorrectly. Ponchi's pick tracker is completely separate from mine.
I made some mistakes when I COPY /PASTED some picks. I just checked your lists and know we are in agreement (after I corrected mine).
Still, please let us know if we have everything right (the rest of you)

by GlennHarman You know…I have often done really poorly in this competition, and I have certainly never won it. But I have never before finished last. This could well be my moment! In earlier days when there were more entrants, my goal used to be finishing in the top 30. A glass-half-full kind of guy would point out that, not only am I guaranteed top 30, I’m even guaranteed top 20.

Oh well, I still love this contest. I have always loved the way it made me pull really hard for someone to beat one of “my” players, only to pull just as hard against that person in the next round. Many, many thanks for running it. GH

by weefunk
GlennHarman wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:44 am

Oh well, I still love this contest. I have always loved the way it made me pull really hard for someone to beat one of “my” players, only to pull just as hard against that person in the next round. Many, many thanks for running it. GH
Totally agree. It's a uniquely entertaining pastime :-) My thanks as well.

by Togtdyalttai If the first round was rough, the second made it look like a walk in the park by comparison. No contestant has more than 4 picks remaining. I can't remember that ever happening in this contest at this point. The highest score of the round was 11 from weefunk and patrick. Weefunk and Federex are now tied for the lead with 27, with patrick one point behind.

At the other end of the scoreboard, GlennHarman is only just hanging on, with one pick left at a grand total of 6. We'll see if he can keep going.

Scoreboard
Pick Tracker

by Irena2 GO FRANCES!!!! :bananas: :bananas: :bananas: :bananas: :bananas: :bananas: :bananas:

by Togtdyalttai No contestant has more than 2 picks remaining after the third round, and only two contestants have even that, Federex and CyborgShoes. Federex remains in the lead with 32 points. Weefunk dropped off and sits two points behind in second. Patrick is in a somewhat distant third, but he's also out of picks. Our contestants collectively have only 7 out of the 32 round of 16 participants.

GlennHarman clinched the wooden spoon of the contest after Zverev beat Tiafoe. His 6 points is one of the lowest for this contest.

Scoreboard
Pick Tracker

by patrick Nice while it lasted

by GlennHarman I say, if you’re going to lose, go big. I didn’t just squeak by to get this wooden spoon, I blasted away the opposition. Good luck to the remaining contenders. GH

by ponchi101 If I remember well, the lowest score ever was a 2. And I think I posted it, and then was tied by somebody else.
But a low score of 6 is also very impressive.

by Togtdyalttai The contestants have continued on their path to oblivion in the 4th round. Now only 3 picks remain, and each is only held by one contestant.

Magda Linette, held by tenedab, is represented by Karolina Muchova in the quarterfinals. However, tenedab cannot win the contest. The best they can do is come one point short.

Elizabeth Mandlik, held by sokol, is represented by Ons Jabeur in the quarterfinals. Sokol would likely win the contest if this pick produces a wooden spoon winner, unless...

Arthur Cazaux, held by CyborgShoes, is represented by Karen Khachanov in the quarterfinals. CyborgShoes will win if the pick produces a wooden spoon winner.

If neither Mandlik nor Cazaux is the wooden spoon winner, Federex will hang on and win with a gaudy 32 points.

Scoreboard
Pick Tracker

by Federex Lol.
If somehow I win with 32 points,
Is that the lowest points scores by the winner in the history of YCWJ.

by ponchi101 The average scores to win this are around 50. So yours will be very, very low indeed.

by Togtdyalttai
Federex wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:07 am Lol.
If somehow I win with 32 points,
Is that the lowest points scores by the winner in the history of YCWJ.
I think it'll be the lowest since the bonus for picking a wooden spoon winner was instituted. Before that, I don't know.

by Togtdyalttai Not much has changed going into the semifinals, but here's a translation of where things stand into current players.

CyborgShoes will win if Carlos Alcaraz loses in the men's final.

If that doesn't happen, sokol will win if Iga Swiatek loses in the women's final.

And if neither of those occurs, Federex will hold on.

Good luck!

Scoreboard
Pick Tracker

by GlennHarman Question: don’t you mean that Sokol could win if Swiatek loses in the women’s final? Sokol’s last thread was represented by Haddad Maia in the semis. She lost to Swiatek, who is now in the final. So I think Sokol could still win, if Muchova wins the final and Alcaraz does not go on to lose in the final.

So why am I even still watching this? I want to make sure there isn’t some twist in the rules that steals my hard-fought wooden spoon from me. Being last by 10 points takes real skill! GH

by Togtdyalttai With Djokovic's defeat of Alcaraz, only one pick is remaining. Sokol will have correctly pegged a wooden spoon winner if Karolina Muchova defeats Iga Swiatek in the women's final. In addition, that will give them the victory with 33 points. Otherwise, Federex will hold on with 32.

As previously mentioned, Elizabeth Mandlik is the pick that's gotten sokol to this point. If Swiatek instead wins the women's final, Tereza Martincova will take home last place. On the men's side, Facundo Diaz Acosta will be the wooden spoon winner if Casper Ruud wins the championship, and Quentin Halys if Novak Djokovic wins.

Scoreboard
Pick Tracker

by jazzyg Amazing that I am in fifth place without having a player reach the fourth round. None of us could win jack in this contest.

by ponchi101 I scored 20 points. If I had picked the players facing the top four seeds of each draw, I would have scored 17 in 1R. This was a really hard contest this time.

by Togtdyalttai Congratulations, Federex! A final scoreboard has been posted, and a final recap will follow in a separate thread.

Scoreboard
Pick Tracker

by GlennHarman Poncho, if I’m remembering correctly (and I may not be), sometime in the remote past, well before TAT 2.0, I won 4 suicide pool medals. Should they show up on my posts? Just wondering. Thanks…GH

by ponchi101
GlennHarman wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:33 pm Poncho, if I’m remembering correctly (and I may not be), sometime in the remote past, well before TAT 2.0, I won 4 suicide pool medals. Should they show up on my posts? Just wondering. Thanks…GH
When we started TAT2.0, there was a mirror of the TAT1.0 site, and we transferred medals. We went by a honor system. If you remember your medals, we will instate them back.
Just let us know.