by ponchi101 This is the initial picks and lists of players.
Please check your tab and let me know if there are any errors.
First results will be after 1R is over.

contests/YCWJ.htm

by dave g What a dreadful first day. I had four picks playing on Day 1, and they all won. Thankfully, they only represented 8 of my 20 points. Hopefully, I won't be the first person to get a total of 0 points. :roll:

by ponchi101 The most popular pick in the ATP, Marozsan, won. Decimated a few teams indeed.

by shmrck14
dave g wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:54 pm What a dreadful first day. I had four picks playing on Day 1, and they all won. Thankfully, they only represented 8 of my 20 points. Hopefully, I won't be the first person to get a total of 0 points. :roll:
Dreadful for sure, lost over half my picks in the first round

YCWJ.jpg
Please check you picks and results in your individual tabs, as in the first round is when most errors might happen.

contests/YCWJ.htm
-->
by ponchi101 Indeed, it was dreadful for most people.
Khotem1 was the sole person with a high score, with a fine 19. But there were no perfect scores, and most people have lost plenty of picks.
YCWJ.jpg
Please check you picks and results in your individual tabs, as in the first round is when most errors might happen.

contests/YCWJ.htm

by ktothem1 It hurt me so much to pick Venus, but you gotta do what you gotta do in YCWJ. I'm sure that I will have 7 "winners" in Round 2.

by CyborgShoes Howdy! A few of us picked Strycova, who did lose to Kanepi, but she is marked as having won. Thx!

by ponchi101
CyborgShoes wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:58 pm Howdy! A few of us picked Strycova, who did lose to Kanepi, but she is marked as having won. Thx!
Actually, THANK you. Indeed, I had her as losing but gave her no points.
It has been corrected, I will update tomorrow because I already started marking the 2R matches.

by GlennHarman I finished last in this at Wimbledon, and I am clearly in the running again. I know I can do it! GH

by PeterSkan
ponchi101 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:17 am

contests/YCWJ.htm
I checked my tab and do see a couple of errors on my list. But I'm referring to my choice of players. Everything's good on your end :(

by ponchi101
PeterSkan wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:29 pm

contests/YCWJ.htm
I checked my tab and do see a couple of errors on my list. But I'm referring to my choice of players. Everything's good on your end :(
You misspelled MAROZSAN, but that was easy to spot. And you chose MARSIK, who is not a player in the draw, so I assumed you meant MENSIK, who is.
That corrects everything, right?

YCWJ.jpg
contests/YCWJ.htm -->
by ponchi101 2nd Round is over, so we can update.
We are not doing any well. Nobody has more than 4 picks left, and some players are already out of picks. TNO has already lost all players and has guaranteed finishing at least tied for last, with 5 points.
YCWJ.jpg
contests/YCWJ.htm

by GlennHarman Many thanks to Texasniteowl and vexchaps who have prevented me from repeating as the grand loser. Vexchaps and I have one pick remaining, and it’s the same person. So the worst I can do is 3rd to last. I’m moving on up. GH

by PeterSkan
ponchi101 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:20 pm
PeterSkan wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:29 pm

contests/YCWJ.htm
You misspelled MAROZSAN, but that was easy to spot. And you chose MARSIK, who is not a player in the draw, so I assumed you meant MENSIK, who is.
That corrects everything, right?
Yeah, but holy cow I did not pick up on that. Yeesh ...

by texasniteowl
GlennHarman wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:29 pm Many thanks to Texasniteowl and vexchaps who have prevented me from repeating as the grand loser. Vexchaps and I have one pick remaining, and it’s the same person. So the worst I can do is 3rd to last. I’m moving on up. GH
lol. you are welcome. I'm consoling myself by focusing on my Wimbledon spoon! 🤣

YCWJ.jpg
contests/YCWJ.htm -->
by ponchi101 With 3R finished, JazzyG is looking good with a solid 5 point lead and holding 3 picks left, which ties for the most of all players. Ktothem1 has dropped down to 2nd.
A considerable 13 players are down to 1 or no picks left, so the game is over for many.
YCWJ.jpg
contests/YCWJ.htm

by GlennHarman Well, Zverev finished me off for this contest…and I was oh, so close, to winning. GH

YCWJ.jpg
contests/YCWJ.htm -->
by ponchi101 With 4R finished, it seems JazzyG has the inside, middle and outside track to score the win. Leading in points and with the most picks left, the position is enviable.
YCWJ.jpg
contests/YCWJ.htm

by jazzyg Pretty sure I have only one pick left.

by ponchi101
jazzyg wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:45 pm Pretty sure I have only one pick left.
I have developed this truly annoying penchant for NOT extending columns in Excel sheets.
You are right. You have only one pick left. Sorry :(

YCWJ.jpg
JazzyG remains in first place, but I issued a terrible jinx and is out of picks. But Khothem1 has 2 picks, who are Medvedev and Alcaraz, so he will get one in the final. And a couple of players have Medvedev alive as a first pick, so this is open still.

contests/YCWJ.htm -->
by ponchi101 With the QF's over (and Dave reminding that, hey, you loser, post the results!!!! ;) ), these are the scores:
YCWJ.jpg
JazzyG remains in first place, but I issued a terrible jinx and is out of picks. But Khothem1 has 2 picks, who are Medvedev and Alcaraz, so he will get one in the final. And a couple of players have Medvedev alive as a first pick, so this is open still.

contests/YCWJ.htm

by PeterSkan
GlennHarman wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:29 pm Many thanks to Texasniteowl and vexchaps who have prevented me from repeating as the grand loser. Vexchaps and I have one pick remaining, and it’s the same person. So the worst I can do is 3rd to last. I’m moving on up. GH
But wait a second ... if you lose, you win!!!

by jazzyg Assuming Medvedev does not blow his two-set lead on Alcaraz, I believe i will win by 1 point if he beats Djokovic in the final but Irena2 will win by a big margin if he loses to Djokovic.

YCWJ.jpg
Irena is holding Virtanem as the wooden spoon in the ATP, and it is in first place, so that would mean 25 points (including the bonus). That leaves everybody else in the dust.
On the WTA, nobody picked the wooden spoon (I have yet to see who the two possible players can be) so the WTA is not a factor in the standings. -->
by ponchi101 Indeed, that is the case. Medvedev's victory turn the scenarios in something as simple as that.
YCWJ.jpg
Irena is holding Virtanem as the wooden spoon in the ATP, and it is in first place, so that would mean 25 points (including the bonus). That leaves everybody else in the dust.
On the WTA, nobody picked the wooden spoon (I have yet to see who the two possible players can be) so the WTA is not a factor in the standings.

by Vexchaps Not that it matters at least in my case, but I think Garcia was the wooden spoon for the women. On my pick of her Wang lost her 2nd round to Boulter, but it is showing that Wang won

by ponchi101
Vexchaps wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:13 am Not that it matters at least in my case, but I think Garcia was the wooden spoon for the women. On my pick of her Wang lost her 2nd round to Boulter, but it is showing that Wang won
The Wang's are a pain for contests. You are right; I had Y. WANG losing to Muchova, because it was actually XINJU WANG that lost to Muchova.
Not much difference, but yes, my bad.

YCWJ.jpg
-->
by ponchi101 With Djokovic's victory, we can crown our YCWJ champ.
Irena2 collects her 2nd Wooden Spoon, which means that in the Irena2/Motobass household, picking losers is a well established craft. Irena2 collected a juicy 25 points bonus with her correct pick of ATP wooden spoon VIRTANEN. The sequence was:
Virtanen-Etcheverry-Wawrinka-Sinner-Zverev-Alcaraz-Medvedev-Djokovic.
In the women's nobody picked wooden spoon winner Caro Garcia:
Garcia - Y. Wang - Boulter - Stearns - Vondrousova - Keys- Sabalenka - Gauff

Congrats to Irena2. Your spoon has been awarded. :spoon: :medal:

Thanks to all for playing. See you at the Aussie
YCWJ.jpg

by ktothem1 Congratulations and well done, Irena. I'm happy to be the first runner up here and getting the men's pick right. How about Carolina Garcia for the women's spoon? That doesn't even sound right...

by Vexchaps Just to secure a little bit of face, but i did pick Caroline Garcia. Congrats to the winner!

by ponchi101
Vexchaps wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:54 am Just to secure a little bit of face, but i did pick Caroline Garcia. Congrats to the winner!
You did. And my mistake again. I clicked Y. WANG as a winner of her 2nd round match, mistaking her for one of the X. Wang. So you did collect 10 bonus points, and ended with 20 points.
Sorry, Vex.

by jazzyg Congrats, irena2.

The whole idea of this contest is to have your No. 1 pick be the wooden spoon winner, and you did with a really sensible selection,.

by Irena2
ponchi101 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:01 am Congrats to Irena2. Your spoon has been awarded. :spoon: :medal:
jazzyg wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:40 pm Congrats, irena2.

The whole idea of this contest is to have your No. 1 pick be the wooden spoon winner, and you did with a really sensible selection,.
ktothem1 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:00 pm Congratulations and well done, Irena. I'm happy to be the first runner up here and getting the men's pick right. How about Carolina Garcia for the women's spoon? That doesn't even sound right...
OMG I feel like a complete dunderhead. I don't remember what motobass and I were doing at the end of the US Open, but I had no idea I won the US Open YCWJ contest until I signed in for AO24 picks! Please accept my apologies, and thank you for the congratulations, and extra thanks to ponchi for running the contest. :oops: