2023 USOSP: UPDATED Women's Picks & Results Thread

Can you beat the draw? Just one measly pick a day...

Moderator: Contest Staff

JTContinental United States of America

2023 USOSP: UPDATED Women's Picks & Results Thread

Post by JTContinental »

Welcome! The field refuses to die so we have a crowded space here. But the first day of the updated thread often ends in bloodshed.

Our remaining players are:

161stAndChilla : Brady>>Svitolina>>Bencic>>Keys>>Ostapenko>>Kasatkina>>Cirstea>>Pegula

aidsasis : Cirstea>>Pliskova>>Mertens>>Minnen>>Xinyu Wang>>Zheng>>Bencic

airmutable : Andreeva>>Kanepi>>Cirstea>>Samsonova>>Muchova>>Zheng>>Gauff>>Pegula

atlpam : Azarenka>>Zheng>>Bencic>>Keys>>Ostapenko>>Kasatkina>>Cirstea>>Pegula

bankerb4 : Azarenka>>Svitolina>>Bencic>>Samsonova>>Ostapenko>>Zheng>>Muchova>>Vondrousova>>Cirstea

bestjax : Collins>>Noskova>>Bencic>>Samsonova>>Xinyu Wang>>Zheng>>Gauff>>Pegula

Cdavid99 : Azarenka>>Svitolina>>Ostapenko>>Keys>>Xinyu Wang>>Sabalenka>>Swiatek

Dowser55 : Azarenka>>Zheng>>Brady>>Samsonova>>Xinyu Wang>>Kasatkina>>Gauff>>Vondrousova>>Ostapenko

Fastbackss : Saville>>Vondrousova>>Ostapenko>>Alexandrova>>Bencic>>Jabeur>>Muchova>>Zheng>>Gauff>>Keys>>Sabalenka

Fiercehart2 : Brady>>Noskova>>Bencic>>Keys>>Ostapenko>>Kasatkina>>Cirstea>>Jabeur

flowerchild39 : Cirstea>>Zheng>>Ostapenko>>Keys>>Bencic>>Kasatkina>>Gauff>>Jabeur

Gacritter : Brady>>Pavlyuchenkova>>Ostapenko>>Zheng>>Bencic>>Kasatkina>>Gauff>>Vondrousova>>Muchova>>Keys>>Sabalenka

Gff0 : Andreeva>>Tsurenko>>Bencic>>Samsonova>>Ostapenko>>Kasatkina>>Muchova>>Vondrousova>>Gauff>>Keys>>Sabalenka

Jason11E :Wozniacki>>Kenin>>Bencic>>Alexandrova>>Ostapenko>>Kasatkina>>Gauff>>Vondrousova>>Muchova>>Keys>>Sabalenka

jatagen : Andreeva>>Pliskova>>Bencic>>Bouzkova>>Ostapenko>>Kasatkina>>Bencic

jazzyg : Cirstea>>Tsurenko>>Bencic>>Minnen>>Ostapenko>>Zheng>>Gauff>>Vondrousova>>Muchova>>Keys>>Sabalenka

jkfinaz : Mertens>>Pliskova>>Schmiedlova>>Keys>>Bencic>>Zheng>>Muchova>>Vondrousova>>Gauff>>Sabalenka>>No Pick

joanjettson : Collins>>Bouzkova>>Bencic>>Zheng>>Ostapenko>>Kasatkina>>Gauff>>Vondrousova>>Muchova>>Keys>>Sabalenka

led14pa2 : Andreeva>>Samsonova>>Bencic>>Keys>>Xinyu Wang>>Zheng>>Gauff>>Vondrousova>>Ostapenko

lukeorion : Mertens>>Kenin>>Bencic>>Samsonova>>Ostapenko>>Kasatkina>>Gauff>>Vondrousova>>Muchova>>Keys>>Sabalenka

Michelle_fenlon : Andreeva>>Keys>>Bencic>>Alexandrova>>Xinyu Wang>>Kasatkina>>Gauff>>Vondrousova>>Muchova>>Sabalenka>>No Pick

Mikeprice444 : Cirstea>>Minnen>>Ostapenko>>Keys>>Xinyu Wang>>Zheng>>Bencic

nelslus : Cirstea>>Bouzkova>>Bencic>>Samsonova>>Ostapenko>>Kasatkina>>Gauff>>Vondrousova>>Muchova>>Keys>>Sabalenka

Omegadoom : Cirstea>>Bouzkova>>Bencic>>Samsonova>>Ostapenko>>Kasatkina>>Gauff>>Zheng>>Muchova>>Keys>>Sabalenka

Omess : Miyazaki>>Burel>>Cirstea>>Alexandrova>>Ostapenko>>Kasatkina>>Muchova>>Vondrousova>>Gauff>>Keys>>Sabalenka

Oploskoffie : Brady>>Pliskova>>Bencic>>Samsonova>>Ostapenko>>Stearns>>Muchova>>Vondrousova>>Cirstea

patmanmo : Cirstea>>Bouzkova>>Bencic>>Svitolina>>Ostapenko>>Kasatkina>>Gauff>>Vondrousova>>Muchova>>Keys>>Sabalenka

paulfmcintyre : Azarenka>>Svitolina>>Bencic>>Samsonova>>Xinyu Wang>>Zheng>>Gauff>>Vondrousova>>Ostapenko

Pharmanimal : Andreeva>>Pliskova>>Ostapenko>>Samsonova>>Bencic>>Kasatkina>>Muchova>>Vondrousova>>Cirstea

rktct2b : Andreeva>>Noskova>>Bencic>>>Keys>>Ostapenko>>Kasatkina>>Gauff>>Vondrousova>>Muchova>>Sabalenka

Sluggo-13 : Xinyu Wang>>Wickmayer>>Brady>>Keys>>Ostapenko>>Zheng>>Bencic

sokol : Mertens>>Pliskova>>Bencic>>Samsonova>>Wozniacki>>Kasatkina>>Gauff>>Vondrousova>>Muchova>>Keys>>Sabalenka>>No Pick

spencerlee : Saville>>Kenin>>Bencic>>Svitolina>>Xinyu Wang>>Sabalenka>>Gauff>>Zheng>>Muchova>>Vondrousova

Stripes : Mertens>>Bouzkova>>Bencic>>Samsonova>>Ostapenko>>Kasatkina>>Gauff>>Vondrousova>>Muchova>>Keys>>Sabalenka

sw195ae : Andreeva>>Noskova>>Ostapenko>>Samsonova>>Bencic>>Kasatkina>>Muchova>>Vondrousova>>Gauff>>Keys>>Sabalenka

Togtdyalttai : Mertens>>Pliskova>>Bencic>>Samsonova>>Ostapenko>>Kasatkina>>No Pick

Tolulops : Collins>>Zheng>>Bencic>>Samsonova>>Xinyu Wang>>Kasatkina>>Gauff>>Vondrousova>>Muchova>>Keys>>Sabalenka

TwineTime : Brady>>Zheng>>Bencic>>Keys>>Ostapenko>>Kasatkina>>Gauff>>Vondrousova>>Muchova>>Sabalenka>>No Pick

udaneri :Ostapenko>>Keys>>Bencic>>Svitolina>>Muchova>>Kasatkina>>Wozniacki

Valynn : Mertens>>Bouzkova>>Muchova>>Samsonova>>Bencic>>Kasatkina>>Wozniacki

Verbalvolleys : Mertens>>Zheng>>Bencic>>Pegula>>Gauff>>Jabeur>>Muchova>>Sabalenka>>Ostapenko

wolfy333 : Mertens>>Pliskova>>Cirstea>>Alexandrova>>Ostapenko>>Stearns>>Bencic

zephyrstorm03 : Andreeva>>Pliskova>>Cirstea>>Samsonova>>Ostapenko>>Kasatkina>>Bencic

Re: 2023 USOSP: UPDATED Picks & Results Thread

Post by JTContinental »

One player had their invitation revoked with a no pick, leaving us with 42 remaining

The breakdown

Coco Gauff 21
Karolina Muchova 9
Belinda Bencic 6
Sorana Cirstea 3
Caroline Wozniacki 2
Iga Swiatek 1

Re: 2023 USOSP: UPDATED Women's Picks & Results Thread

Post by JTContinental »

33 players remain!

Today's breakdown

Marketa Vondrousova 23
Jessica Pegula 4
Qinwen Zheng 3
Ons Jabeur 2
Aryna Sabalenka 1
nelslus United States of America

Post by nelslus »

WELL- I live to see another TAT Pool day.

Best case scenario, however- I believe that there is no way that I can beat the draw. I'll run out of options once it would be time to pick a winner.
Nelslus Revised TAT Signature Currently Under Repair. :gorgeous:
rktct2b United States of America

Post by rktct2b »

nelslus wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:26 pm WELL- I live to see another TAT Pool day.

Best case scenario, however- I believe that there is no way that I can beat the draw. I'll run out of options once it would be time to pick a winner.
Ditto.
sokol United States of America

Post by sokol »

nelslus wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:26 pm WELL- I live to see another TAT Pool day.

Same here, that is if I make it to that point
Last edited by sokol on Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by nelslus »

"Easy" pick for me today- the only one I have left in that half. Muchova. :gorgeous:
atlpam United States of America

Post by atlpam »

Out with my Pegula pick - farthest I’ve lasted in the pool for a long time.

Post by JTContinental »

Round 3 STANK or DANK is short and sweet

Elena Rybakina (1 victim) DANK Rybakina was able to sort out her shoulder situation before the Open, but still did not account for her painful, ponderous, plodding footwork, which Cirstea exposed nicely.

Liudmila Samsonova (1 victim) DANK Keys and Samsonova are a painful, ponderous, plodding pair, but Maddie got out of the way of her feet just enough to score the win.

Post by JTContinental »

27 STILL remain for Day 9, and all 4 competitors got picked

The breakdown

Karolina Muchova 15
Coco Gauff 5
Jelena Ostapenko 4
Sorana Cirstea 3
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

When was the last time we had 20 make the semis?

I remember one year French Open went very according to seedings and about 13-15 of us beat draw... maybe 10 years ago now? :)
:steven:

Post by nelslus »

....I can't believe, even under my present circumstances, that I'm picking Keys- especially this late in any Slam tournament. Might it be more sensible to default and just give up... :shock:
joanjettson Brazil

Post by joanjettson »

nelslus wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:42 am ....I can't believe, even under my present circumstances, that I'm picking Keys- especially this late in any Slam tournament. Might it be more sensible to default and just give up... :shock:
Fun Fact: I was on line at Chick-Fil-A in the Cincinnati airport with Madison. She's fueled by the lunch of champions, she'll do fine!

Truthiness: I'm scared as hell, I picked her too haha - but I already chose the other flake, so here goes!

Heat Alert: I'm going to the Day Session today to cheer on Sabalenka :) Wish us all luck

Post by nelslus »

joanjettson wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:57 pm
nelslus wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:42 am ....I can't believe, even under my present circumstances, that I'm picking Keys- especially this late in any Slam tournament. Might it be more sensible to default and just give up... :shock:
Fun Fact: I was on line at Chick-Fil-A in the Cincinnati airport with Madison. She's fueled by the lunch of champions, she'll do fine!

Truthiness: I'm scared as hell, I picked her too haha - but I already chose the other flake, so here goes!

Heat Alert: I'm going to the Day Session today to cheer on Sabalenka :) Wish us all luck
I'll be there, too- assuming that the Siren Song of Women's Doubles doesn't prevent me from heading over there. (I'll be the one melting from the heat. At least my broomstick should survive). :shock: For SURE, if at all possible, I want to see Coco/Jessica (albeit, I ain't gonna get in no two miles long line for that match) and the Ben/Taylor mixed SF (I plan to try to sneak into the first mixed SF at Armstrong prior to this match).

I actually am fine with either player to win with Sabalenka and Zheng. AND- contest-wise- I can pick either one when we get to the SF's. Assuming that Madison doesn't wilt. 'Cause THAT could never happen. :cry:

Post by nelslus »

BTW, it looks like all of us Pool Survivors have already picked Coco.