by Omegadoom Hello and welcome! Feel free to complain, gloat, or just enjoy your favorite beverage!

by Omegadoom BUMP!

Play for both the ATP & WTA get underway on Wednesday (today) so your picks for both will be due at 2:00 PM Eastern Standard Time!

by ptmcmahon Can this double as a dessert lounge as well?

by ponchi101
ptmcmahon wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:24 pm Can this double as a dessert lounge as well?
No. You just can't have your cake here and eat it too!👎

by Omegadoom Since Badosa withdrew after the deadline, and this is a practice SP, I am giving EVERYONE a one time pass through to WTA Day 2. So this is like we are starting on Day 2, with a clean slate, so any players you picked on Day 1, will be available for you to pick later on, if they won today.

PS......IF you (Oplo, Tenedab, etc.) missed making a pick for the WTA SP on Day 1, and you would like to play in this SP, you can, but this for the WTA SP only!

by ashkor87 he he.. thanks but Badosa should have been totally expected - we call it 'doing a Badosa' on this forum fora reason.

by ptmcmahon I mean she did it in two of her last three tournaments!

by Fastbackss Well I guess I don't feel as bad given this was a practice pool, but I had to travel for work and forgot about this.
Still wanted the reps!

(And I may have snuck into the WTA pool since day 1 was waived)

by ptmcmahon
Fastbackss wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:52 pm Well I guess I don't feel as bad given this was a practice pool, but I had to travel for work and forgot about this.
Still wanted the reps!
As per above you can still hop in the WTA pool :)

by Oploskoffie Even in a practice setting I manage to pick against and subsequently go out to a French player. My partner, who I thought didn't pay attention to tennis or my SP struggles, just said she saw it coming.

I have things to work on before the FO 🤣🤐

by ponchi101 Oh, I had forgotten!! It is MADISON KEYS!!! Some of the most gorgeous strokes in the game, but of course, attached to Madison Keys.
Out of both pools, finally. Not a bad run; lasted 5 rounds.
Thanks Maddie. Will always love you but this is a great reminder not to ever again use you in a pool. The unreliability is off the scale.

by texasniteowl Well, I'm out. I chose Paolini today because:

I had already used Potapova and by ranking Paolini should have had the edge...but then again, this is the WTA

I wanted to "save" Swiatek

Pavy & Kostyuk went 3 sets last week and so that felt like a 50/50

Kerber & Wozniacki also felt like a coin flip

So...I'm done!

by Omegadoom
texasniteowl wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:10 pm Well, I'm out. I chose Paolini today because:

I had already used Potapova and by ranking Paolini should have had the edge...but then again, this is the WTA

I wanted to "save" Swiatek

Pavy & Kostyuk went 3 sets last week and so that felt like a 50/50

Kerber & Wozniacki also felt like a coin flip

So...I'm done!
Totally agree with your thought process, and you had the best chance to beat the draw, had Paolini won. I wasn't sure about any of these matches either, so went with the safe pick of Swiatek. I will be joining you soon, lol! Thankfully this is just a practice SP. :mrgreen:

by tenedab Since there are only 4 of us left I just decided to go early with the only"safe" pick Swiatek and let others make difficult choices or also go with Swiatek