GASCWK01.jpg
If the image is't showing for you, let me know and I'll post the table in the "regular" way as soon as possible! Until then, the top-3 consists of:

Oploskoffie (371 points)
tenedab (356 points)
Omegadoom (321 points)

The differences in points reflect, at least in part, rather varying tactics for the contest, with some of us having (almost) all players active during the first week, while others had several non-starters to begin with, but could possibly have more trade options left later in the contest.
-->
by Oploskoffie And here they are: the standings after the first week!
GASCWK01.jpg
If the image is't showing for you, let me know and I'll post the table in the "regular" way as soon as possible! Until then, the top-3 consists of:

Oploskoffie (371 points)
tenedab (356 points)
Omegadoom (321 points)

The differences in points reflect, at least in part, rather varying tactics for the contest, with some of us having (almost) all players active during the first week, while others had several non-starters to begin with, but could possibly have more trade options left later in the contest.

by ponchi101 I am already almost 200 points behind. Guess I am out.

by ashkor87 And some of us, like me, had no strategy at all!

by Oploskoffie It's could be quite a crazy two weeks before Wimbledon. With 9 tournaments, 5 in this second week, and (obviously) only three category A picks. If two or all three of your A picks have a bad week while someone with a different A selection gets three finalists... Things can still change - a lot.

by New England Nitemare Ugh...I'm in 9th place. Not looking good for me so far. I need a good week to bounce back into this contest.

by ashkor87 Normally I am in last place after the first week..this is a big improvement for me!

by ponchi101
ashkor87 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:01 pm Normally I am in last place after the first week..this is a big improvement for me!
Oh, you're welcomed! ;)

GAWK02.jpg
The week's top-3 scores were:

1. New England Nitemare
2. wolfy333
3. texasniteowl

Well done you three! In the overall standings, Oploskoffie somewhat miraculously hung on to first place, texasniteowl moved up four places into the second spot and tenedab retained a place in the top-3 :)

As some of us had already concluded, this was a week of could have, would have, should(n't) have, with traded IN players not performing as hoped, some traded OUT players winning tournaments and the rest either retiring, opting not to play our little bonus tournament (here's looking at you, Tatjana Maria..) or barely matching the scoring potential to go with their category. Who's looking forward to the Wimbledon draw? :lol: -->
by Oploskoffie And here they are: the standings after the second week!
GAWK02.jpg
The week's top-3 scores were:

1. New England Nitemare
2. wolfy333
3. texasniteowl

Well done you three! In the overall standings, Oploskoffie somewhat miraculously hung on to first place, texasniteowl moved up four places into the second spot and tenedab retained a place in the top-3 :)

As some of us had already concluded, this was a week of could have, would have, should(n't) have, with traded IN players not performing as hoped, some traded OUT players winning tournaments and the rest either retiring, opting not to play our little bonus tournament (here's looking at you, Tatjana Maria..) or barely matching the scoring potential to go with their category. Who's looking forward to the Wimbledon draw? :lol:

by texasniteowl wow. this will likely be my high point since I missed the deadline to make any trades for this week. but yay! and good luck to everyone since it normally comes down to how our trades for Wimbledon perform!

by ponchi101 Two weeks, two last place finishes.
Pickleball, here I come! :cry:

by New England Nitemare I moved from 9th to 5th, but like texasniteowl, I missed the trade deadline this week. So we shall see where I land this week.

by jazzyg I would be in 2nd place if I had not traded Paul for Alcaraz.

If I had only known then what I know now.

GAWK03.jpg
The week's top-3 scorers were:

1. Omegadoom (who moves up 7 (!) places in the rankings)
2. wolfy333
3. Jeff from TX and tenedab

Well done all of you, especially during what was a low-scoring week. The average during the first week was 274 points per contestant which dropped to 235 in week 2. That got (more than) halved this week with a mere 114 points average. Barring some exceptions (like those with Fritz on their team) most teams had to rely on their WTA players, with Oploskoffie only maintaining his lead because a) Vekic didn't win in Bad Homburg b) he had Keys on his team which was just enough to compensate for scoring a big fat 0 from his ATP selection.

So, into Wimbledon we go, with the top six potentially separated by a single tournament winning pick. Best of luck, everyone! Jolly hockey sticks 'n all that :lol: -->
by Oploskoffie With Wimbledon starting tomorrow and still a lot of points to be earned, here are the results of and standings after week 3!
GAWK03.jpg
The week's top-3 scorers were:

1. Omegadoom (who moves up 7 (!) places in the rankings)
2. wolfy333
3. Jeff from TX and tenedab

Well done all of you, especially during what was a low-scoring week. The average during the first week was 274 points per contestant which dropped to 235 in week 2. That got (more than) halved this week with a mere 114 points average. Barring some exceptions (like those with Fritz on their team) most teams had to rely on their WTA players, with Oploskoffie only maintaining his lead because a) Vekic didn't win in Bad Homburg b) he had Keys on his team which was just enough to compensate for scoring a big fat 0 from his ATP selection.

So, into Wimbledon we go, with the top six potentially separated by a single tournament winning pick. Best of luck, everyone! Jolly hockey sticks 'n all that :lol:

by jazzyg By my unofficial count, wolfy333 will finish first in Green Acres--leaping all the way from a tie for seventh--if Krejcikova and Alcaraz win their finals. Any other combination of results, and NE nitemare will finish first after having nine players reach at least the third round plus having the gentlemen's champion and a semifinalist.

by Oploskoffie
jazzyg wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 2:46 am By my unofficial count, wolfy333 will finish first in Green Acres--leaping all the way from a tie for seventh--if Krejcikova and Alcaraz win their finals. Any other combination of results, and NE nitemare will finish first after having nine players reach at least the third round plus having the gentlemen's champion and a semifinalist.
You're (very probably) not wrong ;) but we're going to do our final round of checks before posting the official results!

GAFINAL.jpg
Congratulations to all three of you; very well done indeed!

Also, my thanks to both dave g and ponchi101 for making sense of my approach to things and checking the scores :oops: :D -->
by Oploskoffie Ladies and gentlemen... All Wimbledon scores have been added, checked and combined with the previous weeks' totals with the following results...

For the bronze, we have this year's Green Acres picture of consistency, having been in the top-3 since the first week: tenedab :D
In the silver position, moving up five places in the rankings with the help of both Svitolina AND Navarro, we have New England Nitemare :bananas:
And finally, having also gained five places, in this case with the help of Krejcikova, it's the winner of Green Acres 2024: wolfy333 :yahoo:
GAFINAL.jpg
Congratulations to all three of you; very well done indeed!

Also, my thanks to both dave g and ponchi101 for making sense of my approach to things and checking the scores :oops: :D

by tenedab Congratulations to wolfy333 and New England Nitemare! Nicely played! Great Krejcikova pick wolfie333!

by Jeff from TX Congratulations to all the medalists!

by ashkor87 Congratulations to the winners, and thanks to the organizers...

by jazzyg Congrats to the medalists. Well done.

I'll never forget trading Vekic and costing myself 124 points in the final two weeks, but I would have not have been anywhere near the top three without Krejcikova's run from nowhere to the Wimbledon title, so it's a wash.

by New England Nitemare Congrats to my fellow medal winners, tenedab and wolfy333.

Thanks to Oploskoffie and others who organized and helped with this contest!!

by ponchi101 My apologies for my delay.
Congrats to the winners. A very well run contest.
Tenedab and NE Nitemare, two veterans, got their medal counts updated to 3 and 6. But for Wolfy, this was the first TAT Fantasy medal for first place. So, a shiny icon has been added to his/her profile.

Congrats to all, and thanks to Oploskoffie for running the contest.

Now, if I can get some tips to avoid finishing not only last, but more than 400 points behind first place, much appreciated. :)

by texasniteowl Congrats wolfy333, new england nitemare, and tenedab! Very well played!

For myself, I'm trying to look at the silver lining...I finished ahead of omegadoom! Which as we all know is difficult! :lol:

by wolfy333 Congrats to tenedab and New England Nitemare

by Omegadoom Congrats to Wolfy333, for winning his 1st Gold in fantasy contests, along with New England Nitemare, and Tenedab!! Very well played gentlemen!

Many thanks to Oploskoffie for running this contest, and doing a fine job indeed!