by ponchi101 Picks, results and the inevitable jokes about losers and winners will be posted here.

by ponchi101 We have 24 contestants for this event, which is a solid number.
As always, all of you get your private tab. Please do check it, to make sure that I have input your picks correctly.
We all start with a perfect 20, and I will update once the first round is over.

contests/YCWJ.htm

by ktothem1 Question: I took Murray and he withdrew after the start of play. Do I get his Lucky Loser (Goffin) or am I just out of luck?

by ponchi101
ktothem1 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:54 pm Question: I took Murray and he withdrew after the start of play. Do I get his Lucky Loser (Goffin) or am I just out of luck?
You, and two more Murray pickers, get Goffin.
I mean, you have to learn how to lose, ktothem1! ;)

by ponchi101 We would be ready to post first round results, but there are some matches pending. So, let's hope they can fill the slate tomorrow.
Will update ASAP.

YCWJ Scores.jpg
Full scores and picks here:
contests/YCWJ.htm

Please, check your tab as with some retirements, I may have copied some players in the wrong place.
-->
by ponchi101 1R finally ended, so we have updated scores.
No perfect scores but a lot of players with fine scores overall. Cyborgshoes and Ironkine are on the lead, by the minimum.
YCWJ Scores.jpg
Full scores and picks here:
contests/YCWJ.htm

Please, check your tab as with some retirements, I may have copied some players in the wrong place.

by ktothem1 I had Nagal for ATP #4. The spreadsheet has "WON" but I believe that he lost to Kecmanovic (who did win in the second round). Thanks.

by ponchi101
ktothem1 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:32 pm I had Nagal for ATP #4. The spreadsheet has "WON" but I believe that he lost to Kecmanovic (who did win in the second round). Thanks.
Correct. And corrected. Will show in the next updated sheet.

YCWJ.jpg
Scores here:
contests/YCWJ.htm

Please check, as I have already made some mistakes. I hope they all are corrected. -->
by ponchi101 I got really tight at the top, with several players grouped between 31-32 points.
And the fight for last place is also very tight, but I am involved in it so the other people can forget about the wooden spoon for the wooden spoon. I know that trick too well.
YCWJ.jpg
Scores here:
contests/YCWJ.htm

Please check, as I have already made some mistakes. I hope they all are corrected.

YCWJ.jpg
contests/YCWJ.htm -->
by ponchi101 Patrick has taken first place, and with 5 picks left, he looks very good to get his spoon.
Perennial champ Motobass has secured the wooden spoon of the wooden spoon, standing in last place and with no more picks left.
YCWJ.jpg
contests/YCWJ.htm

by Irena2
ponchi101 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:41 am Patrick has taken first place, and with 5 picks left, he looks very good to get his spoon.
Well done, Patrick, to have secured the contest so early on. :bananas:
ponchi101 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:41 am Perennial champ Motobass has secured the wooden spoon of the wooden spoon, standing in last place and with no more picks left.
We are so proud! :bang: :bang: :bang:

by patrick Long way to go in contest where anything can happen

YCWJ.jpg
contests/YCWJ.htm -->
by ponchi101 Patrick is still on the lead, but Khotem will get at least one more player for the final.
Ain't over.
YCWJ.jpg
contests/YCWJ.htm

by patrick For me to guarantee winning, Rybakina or Krejcikova has to raise the Venus Rosewater Dish on Saturday.

YCWJ.jpg
Updated scores in the spreadsheet at the previous links. -->
by ponchi101 As Patrick said above, he guarantees victory is Paolini loses.
However, if Paolini wins and Novak loses, Khotem1 get a juicy bonus of 15 points and wins the spoon.
YCWJ.jpg
Updated scores in the spreadsheet at the previous links.

by weefunk Not that this matters at all now, but the points are incorrect for everyone who picked Davis in the WTA.

Davis lost to Osorio, who lost to Haddad Maia, who lost to Collins, who lost to Krejcikova, who won her next match.

But the scores have Collins winning against Krejcikova. which didn't happen.

by ponchi101
weefunk wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 7:55 am Not that this matters at all now, but the points are incorrect for everyone who picked Davis in the WTA.

Davis lost to Osorio, who lost to Haddad Maia, who lost to Collins, who lost to Krejcikova, who won her next match.

Fortunately, as you say, the scores did not change by much, and only Patrick and Khotem1 are still in the run.
My mistake, as I misspelled KREJCIKOVA in one cell, and the sheet was looking for KRECJIKOVA, who never lost because she did not exist.
Thanks.

by weefunk
ponchi101 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:33 pm
weefunk wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 7:55 am Not that this matters at all now, but the points are incorrect for everyone who picked Davis in the WTA.

Fortunately, as you say, the scores did not change by much, and only Patrick and Khotem1 are still in the run.
My mistake, as I misspelled KREJCIKOVA in one cell, and the sheet was looking for KRECJIKOVA, who never lost because she did not exist.
Thanks.
I misspelled it at least twice while writing the above post :-)

YCWJ.jpg
-->
by ponchi101 Patrick was able to secure the wooden spoon thanks to the loss by Paolini on Saturday.
But Khotem1 secured second today with Djokovic's loss.

The wooden spoons were:
ATP
Ymer. The sequence was:
Ymer Draper Norrie Zverev Fritz Musetti Djokovic Alcaraz
WTA
Yuan. The sequence was:
Yuan Rus Sakkari Raducanu Sun Vekic Paolini Krejcikova

I have awarded Patrick his FOURTH spoon. Basically, he can feed a family with them ;)
Thanks to all for playing. See you at the USO :thumbsup:
YCWJ.jpg

by ktothem1 Very well done, Patrick and Irena. This was far and away my best score for YCWJ and I enjoyed it. See y'all at the US Open.

by patrick Happy with being a Channel Slam winner for 2024 like Alcaraz. Will enjoy while I can as Olympics and US Open are coming on the calendar.