Post by ti-amie »

THE CHAMPIONSHIPS, WIMBLEDON 2024
INTENDED ORDER OF PLAY FOR DAY 14 SUNDAY 14 JULY

MATCH CHANGE

CENTRE COURT - 2:00PM

1. Gentlemen's Singles - Final
Carlos Alcaraz (ESP) [3] v Novak Djokovic (SRB) [2]
2. Mixed Doubles - Final
Santiago Gonzalez (MEX) / Giuliana Olmos (MEX) v Jan Zielinski (POL) / Su-Wei Hsieh (TPE) [7]

NO.1 COURT - 11:00AM

1. Gentlemen's Wheelchair Singles - Final
Martin De La Puente (ESP) [4] v Alfie Hewett (GBR) [2]
Not Before: 1:00pm
2. Boys' Singles - Final
Mees Rottgering (NED) v Nicolai Budkov Kjaer (NOR) [2]
Not Before: 3:00pm
3. Girls' Singles - Final
Renata Jamrichova (SVK) [1] v Emerson Jones (AUS) [3]

NO.3 COURT - 11:00AM

1. Quad Wheelchair Singles - Final
Sam Schroder (NED) [1] v Niels Vink (NED) [2]
2. Ladies' Wheelchair Doubles - Final
Yui Kamiji (JPN) / Kgothatso Montjane (RSA) [1] v Diede De Groot (NED) / Jiske Griffioen (NED) [2]
3. Gentlemen's Wheelchair Doubles - Final
Alfie Hewett (GBR) / Gordon Reid (GBR) [1] v Takuya Miki (JPN) / Tokito Oda (JPN) [2]

COURT 12 - 11:00AM

1. Ladies' Invitation Doubles - Final
Kim Clijsters (BEL) / Martina Hingis (SUI) v Ashleigh Barty (AUS) / Casey Dellacqua (AUS)

Not Before: 1:00pm
3. Boys' Doubles - Final
Alexander Razeghi (USA) / Max Schoenhaus (GER) v Jan Klimas (CZE) / Jan Kumstat (CZE)
4. Girls' Doubles - Final
Mika Stojsavljevic (GBR) / Mingge Xu (GBR) [7] v Tyra Caterina Grant (USA) / Iva Jovic (USA) [2]

COURT 18 - 11:00AM

1. Gentlemen's Invitation Doubles - Final
Kevin Anderson (RSA) / Lleyton Hewitt (AUS) v Bob Bryan (USA) / Mike Bryan (USA)
Not Before: 2:15pm
3. Mixed Invitation Doubles - Final
Mark Woodforde (AUS) / Dominika Cibulkova (SVK) v Nenad Zimonjic (SRB) / Barbara Schett (AUT)

The Committee, while adhering as closely as possible to the order of play given, is unable to guarantee that it will be maintained in its entirety.
This may result in matches being moved from one court to another. DENISE PARNELL - REFEREE
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ashkor87 India

Re: '24 Wimbledon Day 14 Order of Play & Discussion

Post by ashkor87 »

A girl called Emerson? what were her parents thinking?
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

ashkor87 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:55 am A girl called Emerson? what were her parents thinking?
Fans of Roy.
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

So am I but --son connotes a male...?!
mick1303 Ukraine

Post by mick1303 »

ashkor87 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 11:02 am So am I but --son connotes a male...?!
In norse languages: like Gunnarson vs Gunnardottir. But in English the rules from other languages largely ignored. I.e Angela Kulikov, while if follow the rules from Russian, she shall be Angela Kulikova
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

Djokovic already struggling with the volley..he is one of the worst volleyers among the top players..and Alcaraz is one of the best...but he hasn't come to the net much yet
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

Alcaraz really attacking Djokovic second serve very well ...forced a df just now
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

Alcaraz is the best mover I have ever seen .Laver must have been like that ..
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

None of us had him winning in straights..
jazzyg United States of America

Post by jazzyg »

I forgot to enter the poll but would have had Djokovic in 4.

Alcaraz played a heck of a lot better today than in any other match, which is not a huge surprise but something I did not expect. The stat they gave about him being broken more times (19) on his way to the final than any other finalist except for Nalbandian in 2002 turned out to mean nothing, but I erroneously thought his up-and-down form here and really for most of Roland Garros would continue today. Nope.
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

I had Alcaraz in 4, like the plurality of voters. I should remember never to venture predictions on margin - it is so arbitrary and random...
nelslus United States of America

Post by nelslus »

jazzyg wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:14 pm I forgot to enter the poll but would have had Djokovic in 4.

Alcaraz played a heck of a lot better today than in any other match, which is not a huge surprise but something I did not expect. The stat they gave about him being broken more times (19) on his way to the final than any other finalist except for Nalbandian in 2002 turned out to mean nothing, but I erroneously thought his up-and-down form here and really for most of Roland Garros would continue today. Nope.
LOL, and NO offense meant- but, you were kind of my anti-Suliso here. At LEAST from what I had seen, you were getting enough of your Wimbledon predictions wrong, that I said to my partner yesterday, YAY!!!!! jazzyg didn't pick Carlos. :D

While or course I was super nervous about this match- I was quite a bit more nervous last year. Last year, it made good sense that Carlos could lose. This year- sure, score-wise and all, Carlos had tougher times with his matches this year. But, as I've already mentioned- Carlos played a Murderer's Row of competitors he regularly struggles against.

AND then, I kept wondering- why were so many of you not looking at Novak's record this year? Terrible loss after terrible loss- and a very hard loss to Sinner at the Aussie. Sure- he made the Wimbledon final and all that. But- he did NOT face his Murderer's Row, to say the least. AND, assuming that we are going with that Novak did have this surgery :shock: .....this result, and the scoreline, were quite predictable.

SO, let's hope that this New Novak Era of Slam Losses will be permanent. (AND no medal at the Olympics, too, please. At LEAST not gold).

....I also, yet again, must chastise all of you SUPPOSED tennis fans, for failing to make any match commentary during the match! It IS funny that, barring an ongoing late round Slam Match of the Ages- this site tends to peter out with match commentary the further the Slams get. Sure- a lot of the Pool participants are long gone by that point. But- face it- we all just get exhausted. :gorgeous:

PS- LET me now emphasize how WRONG ponchi has been with Carlos. Starting with how ponchi would not have been surprised if Carlos had not won a clay tournament this year. Granted- Carlos DID only win one clay tournament this year.... :gorgeous:

IN any case- YAY CARLOS!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:
Nelslus Revised TAT Signature Currently Under Repair. :gorgeous:
jazzyg United States of America

Post by jazzyg »

I definitely went oh-fer on the three finals I predicted, but my Wimbledon predictions were spot on before then.
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

Alcaraz was the best version of himself today, and Djokovic didn't have any answers, and really struggled.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

nelslus wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:02 pm ...

PS- LET me now emphasize how WRONG ponchi has been with Carlos. Starting with how ponchi would not have been surprised if Carlos had not won a clay tournament this year. Granted- Carlos DID only win one clay tournament this year.... :gorgeous:

IN any case- YAY CARLOS!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:
Since you made a point of mentioning me.
To begin. I like Carlos A LOT. I love the game. I love the attitude. He is great for the sport. I voted for him in the poll
But many years ago, I reached the limit of betting against Novak and getting burned. After the Wimbledon injury (vs Berdych) I thought he was done. Well, he was far from that.
He did not face a murderers' row this tournament, but he handled it precisely in that fashion. I saw the Fearnsley match, and Novak lost one set. Because he was toying with the guy. So, he was playing well.
Anyway, extremely glad I was wrong. And I agree with you that I hope the Novak era is over. But he just made the finals at Wimbledon after a knee operation. I will still not bet against him.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem