NHL Random

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Curling, Marbula 1 and any other activity that we can think of!
JazzNU United States of America

Re: NHL Random

Post by JazzNU »

Scoob Canada

Post by Scoob »

The NHL Playoffs are just a little more than a month away and it is probably my favourite time in sports. My question is when will a Canadian team hoist the Stanley Cup again. This season the Canadian Teams that have a chance of making the playoffs are the Toronto Maple Leafs, and outside chance for the Ottawa Senators, the Winnipeg Jets, The Edmonton Oilers, and an outside chance for the Calgary Flames. There really are only 2 Canadian teams this season that don't have a chance at making the playoffs and they are Vancouver and Montreal.

I expect once again that the Maple Leafs will be considered the best chance for a Canadian team to win it all, but we all know what happens every year with them. Edmonton has arguably the best player on the planet, but like in the past do they have the Goaltending to get them there? Winnipeg has a great Goalie and could be a team that shocks other teams in the playoffs in Hellebuyck gets hot. The problem is do they rely on him too much and will he burn out come playoff time? The Ottawa Senators are an interesting team and if they do get in they could cause some trouble for other teams. They are young and can be explosive at times and are streaky. They are also really inexperienced. The Calgary Flames if they get in could also cause trouble. They have a well rounded team and although the team is different then they have been in the past, they could cause trouble for other teams. They also have playoff experience.

I hope a Canadian team can pull this off and hoist the Stanley Cup this year.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

As a die hard Hans fan I’d rather American teams keep winning it before the Leafs ever win another.
:steven:
Scoob Canada

Post by Scoob »

ptmcmahon wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:59 am As a die hard Hans fan I’d rather American teams keep winning it before the Leafs ever win another.
The way the Leafs are usually 1 and done in the playoffs you don't have to worry much about that. :lol:

I am a Winnipeg Jets fan so I am hoping for a good showing from them.
patrick United States of America

Post by patrick »

Regular season means nothing as Florida rallied from 3-1 deficit to eliminate the regular season record team in Boston. Florida tied the game with one minute left in regulation then won in overtime

Post by JazzNU »

Here's video of the final goal if you weren't watching.

Post by JazzNU »

patrick wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 1:55 am Regular season means nothing as Florida rallied from 3-1 deficit to eliminate the regular season record team in Boston. Florida tied the game with one minute left in regulation then won in overtime
Indeed. The odds on favorites in both NHL and NBA bounced in the first rounds, with the Bruins being the overwhelming favorites given their record-setting season. Playoffs bring a different level of focus and intensity.

Post by JazzNU »

ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

As a die hard Habs fan I love it :D

Now, just need the Maple Leafs to lose next round. At least I won't have to choose who to cheer for between Leafs and Bruins!
:steven:
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I...

BLACKHAWKS GM
Corey Perry Getting Cut ...
UNRELATED TO BEDARD'S MOM

11/28/2023 3:44 PM PT

Chicago Blackhawks GM Kyle Davidson addressed the wild rumors surrounding Corey Perry shortly after he was kicked off the team ... saying the winger's contract termination had nothing to do with superstar Connor Bedard's mother.

Perry was placed on unconditional waivers following an internal investigation on Tuesday ... in which the team determined he "engaged in conduct that is unacceptable" and violated the terms of his contract and the Blackhawks' internal policies.

The move came on the heels of speculation Perry was involved in a personal relationship with Bedard's mom, Melanie ... and while the talk didn't hold much weight, many ran with it on social media.

Davidson cleared the air after the team washed its hands of Perry ... and even though he did not mention Bedard by name, it's clear that's what he was addressing.

"This does not involve any players or their families and anything that suggests otherwise or anyone that suggests otherwise is wildly inaccurate and, frankly, it's disgusting," Davidson said.

"This has been a tough situation and I understand you wanted answers. It was important that we took all the necessary steps before sharing more. I hope you understand that I may not be able to answer everything today, but I am going to be as open and honest as I can be given the situation and out of respect for those involved."

Davidson referred to the nature of Perry's violation as a "workplace matter."

As the Blackhawks statement said, Perry's contract will be terminated ASAP if he clears waivers.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/11/28/blackhaw ... edard-mom/
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

BTW I did not hear this from TMZ. It's all over NHL related social media.

Some are talking about a prior scandal relating to this team involving someone named Kyle Beach.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

What the NHL should be worried about:

Kris Jenner found Chicago on a map and is taking a private jet to that city as I type this.
/s

Seriously they pulled this guy off the ice mid game?

I understand what the guy in the center is trying to do and say but someone like me, who only becomes aware of the NHL during Stanley Cup time, was casually scrolling and saw a post about a team trying to deny a player slept with another players mother. No matter how mature you are or how much you understand that attractions happen and that these were two adults allegedly having an affair you are going to read that story and go WHOA! Who knew the NHL had this much ish going on?

When I saw Bedard's face I knew he was young but 18? Wow.

Thanks for the video!

BTW does the Blackhawks organization really s**k that badly?
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

ti-amie wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:31 am BTW does the Blackhawks organization really s**k that badly?
Most of the previous management is gone, but the ownership is still there from this incident.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nhl/new ... gggrch4x1g

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Thanks @skatingfan. I went down a bit of a rabbit hole and it amazes me how this man kept being hired even after a sexual assault conviction in 2012. I don't remember this scandal making national sports news either but the current one is everywhere.

Kyle Beach deserved better.