Euro 2020

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Curling, Marbula 1 and any other activity that we can think of!
Liamvalid Great Britain

Re: Euro 2020

Post by Liamvalid »

Suliso wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:59 pm I don't mind England winning, but English fans still the worst in Europe...
While I agree that England does have a problem with football hooliganism, and I cringe when I see some of these “fans” in the news, these people are in a vast minority compared to the people who respectfully follow the sport in the country, and those hooligans are small fry compared to certain East European countries. There are many documentaries out there detailing this. English fans behaving badly just get more media coverage.

The bigger concern for me is the racist abuse online that the players have been getting. Again it’s by a tiny minority but something must be done by the social media giants to try and tackle this
Mary, queen of shots
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Of course most fans are completely normal, but there is a drinking problem for quite a few plus some hardcore hooligans. The scenes from Wembley were not pretty.

Can't recall the last time Italians or Spanish were rioting because of football...
Liamvalid Great Britain

Post by Liamvalid »

Google the Italian “Ultras” if you think Italian fans are well behaved. But again, they are the very small minority. You’re spot on about the drinking though. My first thought when I saw the final was on at 8pm on a Sunday was that it gives people the maximum time to binge drink through the day.
Mary, queen of shots
dmforever

Post by dmforever »

ti-amie wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:56 pm This is...awful?

I don't like soccer and am not a fair weather fan, so I didn't follow this at all, but this video was just horrific. Guys were just hitting and kicking random people and no one even tried to step in. Does anyone know if they will try to find and prosecute these people given they have them on camera? That is really sick.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Liamvalid wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:57 am Google the Italian “Ultras” if you think Italian fans are well behaved. But again, they are the very small minority. You’re spot on about the drinking though. My first thought when I saw the final was on at 8pm on a Sunday was that it gives people the maximum time to binge drink through the day.
This point was made by a lot of people after all the video got out. It seems your Boris decided that yesterday, of all days, was a good day to allow pubs to reopen and stay open later?
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Hi def has really changed how photographs look. This is marvelous.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »