Tennis Random, Random (On Court)

Our main board to talk about our sport
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: Tennis Random, Random

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I like those. Simple but fun.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

'Tennis Connected' isn't very connected to reality.
Leylah and Emma aren't even 20 years old yet. To criticize them and compare what they've done in the past 4 months to what 'true greats' do over an entire career is simply asinine.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Oh you haven't met the Raducanu stans. The comparison here is pretty tame. Leylah Annie's fans are a bit more subdued and wouldn't agree with what this person is saying.
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:04 pm I like those. Simple but fun.
Not crazy about them at all. I like them in Elina's TikTok so I thought I'd like them more, but have found them a touch awkward looking on court so far. That being said, I've found many times that it matters who has it on with these kits, so it could be that I haven't seen it on the right player to get me to like it just yet.

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:00 am Oh you haven't met the Raducanu stans. The comparison here is pretty tame. Leylah Annie's fans are a bit more subdued and wouldn't agree with what this person is saying.
Disagree on Leylah's fans being subdued. Focus has been on Emma and not her since the USO, especially since her losses haven't been as frequent or as bad. But during the USO, her fans were relentless and not in a good way. It was a lot. Emma's fans were rather tepid during the USO by comparison, ramped up their fandom in the following weeks and months.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Meet Maxime Cressy - the man who is bringing the Serve & Volley game back to tennis (and who just beat Isner in 5 sets)...

He was apparently a horse's ass while playing for UCLA, and even for much of his time on the Challenger tour - needlessly 'grunting' on every point - including on volley's - and several dozen in-your-face "Come On"s.
Since then, he's matured and is respectful on court and humble in victory. He just recently said that he is inspired by Nadal's attitude, after playing Rafa in a Final last week.

Unique Game and Relentless Determination...

Q & A With Maxime Cressy

R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Tennis Twitter at it's finest (or worst) :lol:
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Sloane trying to be Kim? Uhm....
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:37 pm Tennis Twitter at it's finest (or worst) :lol:
It's worst. This is what feeds into the comfortability of sending Sloane, and other players, threats and insulting messages after every loss.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

JazzNU wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:37 pm
ti-amie wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:37 pm Tennis Twitter at it's finest (or worst) :lol:
It's worst. This is what feeds into the comfortability of sending Sloane, and other players, threats and insulting messages after every loss.
Wow - that's quite a stretch.
I could not disagree more.
I guess no-one should make ANY negative comments about any player, then - no matter how tame.
To be safe, we should shut this and all other tennis discussion boards down.

The reality is that there's a lunatic fringe out there who make the vulgar comments and threats. Most of them are gamblers who, when the player they bet on loses, and they lose money, they write the vulgarisms and threats. The large majority of these people know virtually nothing about tennis.
R.I.P. Amal...

meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

Deuce wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:17 am 'Tennis Connected' isn't very connected to reality.
Leylah and Emma aren't even 20 years old yet. To criticize them and compare what they've done in the past 4 months to what 'true greats' do over an entire career is simply asinine.
Yeah, Tennis Connected's post about Emma and Leylah Annie is silly and naive. They aren't greats yet. They both had a great result and have potential to have accomplished careers. That's all we know so far.

And yes, a great player can lose R1 to a 130-ranked player after winning a Slam. It's an upset, but everyone has bad days and upsets.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

At least one response was "get a room".