Re: Tennis Random, Random (On Court)

Post by meganfernandez »

Not sure I believe this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Alcaraz will not win RG yet. I say next in line is Tsisipas, but I am not sure he can do it at RG either. I would say we have to wait for the USO for a new ATP winner.
WTA? Anisimova won't win RG. Swiatek looks solid there. So I say, somebody new at W. Somebody completely out of the blue. Megan's pick of Jabeur there is not a thoughtless one.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

ponchi101 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:01 pm Alcaraz will not win RG yet. I say next in line is Tsisipas, but I am not sure he can do it at RG either. I would say we have to wait for the USO for a new ATP winner.
WTA? Anisimova won't win RG. Swiatek looks solid there. So I say, somebody new at W. Somebody completely out of the blue. Megan's pick of Jabeur there is not a thoughtless one.
Quarterfinalist last year, lost to Sabalenka. Jabeur has a good shot this year if she's healthy.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Post by meganfernandez »

ti-amie wrote:
Strange motion from Botic, but not hindrance-level IMO. If PCB was watching the ball, would he have noticed much?

dmforever

Post by dmforever »

ponchi101 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:01 pm Alcaraz will not win RG yet. I say next in line is Tsisipas, but I am not sure he can do it at RG either. I would say we have to wait for the USO for a new ATP winner.
So you're thinking Rafa at RG and Novax at W?

Kevin
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

More Novax at W than Rafa at RG. I say Rafa is the favorite at RG, but no over the field. At W, I say Novax over the field.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

meganfernandez wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 3:28 pm Kando is retiring... Is this the right thread? Feel free to move it.

^ Class.

R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

meganfernandez wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 6:57 pm Not sure I believe this

Sounds like it might be more about returning for some kind of Polish Champions League and knowing she'll be at Wimbledon at this point seems to suggest Legends, but she's definitely playing again in some respect. And maybe it also just means she'll be around more. Thinking it's likely not a coincidence that she's in Rome this week and we might hear more from her soon.

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

JazzNU wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:03 am
I know his views on Equal Pay and some others are not very welcomed, but I always felt that, on the court, he was honest and a hard worker. He was the kind of player that us, the regular players, could try to imitate. When people were trying to play like Roger, Rafa or Nole, I would always think that for our level, trying to imitate some of Simon's strokes was a faster, surer route.
Certainly he will not be missed; not too many accomplishments to remember. But he does fall on the category of the overachiever.
And I think that he would make a great coach. Lots of his wins were simply because he understood the game better than the other guy.

Post by meganfernandez »

ponchi101 wrote:
I know his views on Equal Pay and some others are not very welcomed, but I always felt that, on the court, he was honest and a hard worker. He was the kind of player that us, the regular players, could try to imitate. When people were trying to play like Roger, Rafa or Nole, I would always think that for our level, trying to imitate some of Simon's strokes was a faster, surer route.
Certainly he will not be missed; not too many accomplishments to remember. But he does fall on the category of the overachiever.
And I think that he would make a great coach. Lots of his wins were simply because he understood the game better than the other guy.
Does everyone know my Simon story, or should i tell it again? Pretty sure I helped him break into the top 15. :)

dave g United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by dave g »

meganfernandez wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:54 am
ponchi101 wrote:
Does everyone know my Simon story, or should i tell it again? Pretty sure I helped him break into the top 15. :)

I have no memory of your Simon story, so feel free to tell it again.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

meganfernandez wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:54 am ...

Please, do tell. :)