Tennis Random, Random (On Court)

Our main board to talk about our sport
meganfernandez United States of America

Re: Tennis Random, Random (On Court)

Post by meganfernandez »

Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:53 pm
meganfernandez wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:39 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote:
Having that money security is all great but like they say it doesn't bring you happiness. I grew up in a family that has been pretty financially secure with both grandparents being that way. Both my grandparents have helped me and my brothers with whatever sports and whatever we needed for that particular sport. For me it was tennis and for them it was Lacrosse. We never had to worry about equipment, lessons, camps, coaches, whatever. That is all great and everything and I do feel blessed for everything, but what really brings me happiness is when I can volunteer at a tennis camp for little kids who may not have much and just show them how much fun the game of tennis can be and get smiles on these little kids faces. I was once one of these little kids who was 5, 6, 7 years old who was just learning the fun of the game and I love being that person that can share that with little kids.
That’s really wonderful, C4C. Tennis can be a lifelong gift. I’m in my 40s and still thank my parents for teaching me to play, making it a part of our lives. I’m sure you are introducing tennis to some people who will have it in their lives for a very long time - and they will share it, too.
The people that made it fun for me when I was just a little girl are no longer involved in my tennis other than my family but I remember them so much. They made it really enjoyable for me and I wanted to keep going back to the court. I will never forget them.

Thank You, I hope that I can make it fun for these little kids and someday when they are my age and I am older they will look back and remember me and the fun they had.

When I play in tournaments and I know they are nothing like a pro tournament or even a college tournament if I am not having fun out there and smiling and having fun then I shouldn't be out there. Don't get me wrong I am also intense in a match and will motivate myself with a "Come On" or "Fist Pump" but most of the time I am just out there having a blast. I am playing the game I love so why not.
I'm sure they will. Except for those few times when they are cursing themselves for ever trying to play this infuriating game. :)
Cuckoo4Coco United States of America

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

meganfernandez wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:24 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:53 pm
meganfernandez wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:39 pm
That’s really wonderful, C4C. Tennis can be a lifelong gift. I’m in my 40s and still thank my parents for teaching me to play, making it a part of our lives. I’m sure you are introducing tennis to some people who will have it in their lives for a very long time - and they will share it, too.
The people that made it fun for me when I was just a little girl are no longer involved in my tennis other than my family but I remember them so much. They made it really enjoyable for me and I wanted to keep going back to the court. I will never forget them.

Thank You, I hope that I can make it fun for these little kids and someday when they are my age and I am older they will look back and remember me and the fun they had.

When I play in tournaments and I know they are nothing like a pro tournament or even a college tournament if I am not having fun out there and smiling and having fun then I shouldn't be out there. Don't get me wrong I am also intense in a match and will motivate myself with a "Come On" or "Fist Pump" but most of the time I am just out there having a blast. I am playing the game I love so why not.
I'm sure they will. Except for those few times when they are cursing themselves for ever trying to play this infuriating game. :)
Having watched this game and also having my Pop Pop who was a Golf Pro at a Local Golf Club around here and now is one in Hawaii and even in his younger days played as an amateur on the golf pro tour in a few tournaments, I compare Tennis and Golf and Golf is way more frustrating to me than Tennis. Maybe that is cuz I picked up the knack for playing Tennis and I am awful at Golf. Like my brothers are better at Golf than me and although they are both way stronger than me and a lot of times can overpower me on the tennis court I can hold my own against them and even sometimes beat them because I am technically way better then them both in Tennis. Gold however I lose my mind with whenever I go out to hit golf balls.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:32 pm I compare Tennis and Golf and Golf is way more frustrating to me than Tennis.
^ Absolutely...
I played golf for 1 summer in my life - about 20 years ago. Played 5 rounds. I improved my score with each round - though I never broke 100. Still, with that degree of improvement, I'd have obviously been shooting well under par and been a top golf pro had I continued :lol: .

But I don't have the patience for golf... and after that summer of golf, I decided that as long as I'm able to run after a tennis ball, I will choose tennis over golf.

The main difference between tennis and golf is that in tennis, when you hit a bad shot, you get a chance to redeem yourself almost immediately...
Whereas in golf, if you hit a bad shot, you have 5 or 10 minutes to dwell on it and allow the anger and frustration to grow until you get to your ball - IF YOU CAN FIND YOUR BALL... :x
No, thanks.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

Deuce wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:07 pm
Cuckoo4Coco wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:32 pm I compare Tennis and Golf and Golf is way more frustrating to me than Tennis.
^ Absolutely...
I played golf for 1 summer in my life - about 20 years ago. Played 5 rounds. I improved my score with each round - though I never broke 100. Still, with that degree of improvement, I'd have obviously been shooting well under par and been a top golf pro had I continued :lol: .

But I don't have the patience for golf... and after that summer of golf, I decided that as long as I'm able to run after a tennis ball, I will choose tennis over golf.

The main difference between tennis and golf is that in tennis, when you hit a bad shot, you get a chance to redeem yourself almost immediately...
Whereas in golf, if you hit a bad shot, you have 5 or 10 minutes to dwell on it and allow the anger and frustration to grow until you get to your ball - IF YOU CAN FIND YOUR BALL... :x
No, thanks.
Pop Pop before he moved to Hawaii tried to teach me and my brothers the game of golf and my brothers like I said picked it up a little bit but not really me. My two brothers are more likely to pick up any sport and are at least good at it. They were really good at Lacrosse. Me not so much. I excel at tennis but other sports I struggle at. Play me in table tennis or badminton and you would be in trouble, but they are very similar to tennis.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

ti-amie wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:02 pm
His last name is a mouth full. :lol:
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Do as Megan: BOTIC. Keep is simple.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

ponchi101 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:22 pm Do as Megan: BOTIC. Keep is simple.
:lol: That is true.
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

A meditation on defense...it is not really about foot speed - nobody has to run more than 10 meters in a given direction, ever..
Before that, it is about acceleration,
Before that, good eyes, so you know where the ball is headed,
Before that, anticipation- so you know where the ball is going to be headed
Before that, the desire and will to get to the ball..
Then the stamina to do it again and again, hundreds of times.
After you get to the ball, of course, balance and a still head..

Good defense is possibly even more important than good weapons, especially in a fast court (of which there are so few,,,)

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I hope Dominic gets his groove back. I miss that down the line, supersonic BH.

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

Dominic is only 28 years old. Didn't he have some sort of wrist injury? I guess that was pretty bad?
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

He had a huge wrist injury. Some elbow issues too.

Post by Cuckoo4Coco »

ponchi101 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:17 pm He had a huge wrist injury. Some elbow issues too.
To keep him out an entire year it had to be really bad.