Politics Random, Random

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: Politics Random, Random

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

And what was expected, after injecting a few trillion dollars of inorganic money (just print the stuff) into the economy?
If the laws of economics were followed properly, the USA and China would be bankrupt. Greece went belly-up when their debt reached a 1:1 ratio with its GDP. The USA and China are way above that, yet they are not bankrupt because the world knows what happens if either one of them goes that way.
Inflation was to be expected. Profits by these corporations too.
The Laws of Economy are not like the laws of physics. But they are laws. You simply can't wave them away and hope that nothing will happen. That is what every single L. America dictator or corrupt government always does, and it never works.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

This is the person who created an anime where he is portrayed killing AOC.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

dryrunguy

Post by dryrunguy »

Dr. Oz is seriously contemplating a run for the U.S. Senate--and in Pennsylvania, no less. He'll be running as a Republican.

That's all we need... Another faux physician in the Senate.
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

dryrunguy wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:44 pm Dr. Oz is seriously contemplating a run for the U.S. Senate--and in Pennsylvania, no less. He'll be running as a Republican.

A few things about this for those not in PA.

1. He's not a PA resident, but a multi-decade resident of New Jersey that has apparently been using his in-laws address in PA to vote in the last election. WTF.

2. GOP's previous attempt that I can remember in a statewide election with a name was not successful, lost by a large margin despite his general popularity in other parts of his life (Super Bowl winning NFL player).

3. PA voters don't like fake PA people, which is why Santorum went down in flames in his re-election campaign by a very large margin after it was found out he was basically no longer living in PA except for show and his kids were enrolled in Virginia schools. GOP is putting forth a lot of fake PA residents this cycle, and they'll be going against an actual PA resident on the Dem side.

4. Dr. Oz is getting tapped because the Senate candidate that the Grifter fully endorsed and was pushing withdrew from the race last week after he lost custody of his kids after the judge found his ex-wife's spousal and child abuse claims valid and very believable and awarded her sole custody.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

NYC just elected a Mayor who lives in New Jersey. We need to get off of our high horse.
dmforever

Post by dmforever »

JazzNU wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:43 pm
dryrunguy wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:44 pm Dr. Oz is seriously contemplating a run for the U.S. Senate--and in Pennsylvania, no less. He'll be running as a Republican.

A few things about this for those not in PA.

1. He's not a PA resident, but a multi-decade resident of New Jersey that has apparently been using his in-laws address in PA to vote in the last election. WTF.

2. GOP's previous attempt that I can remember in a statewide election with a name was not successful, lost by a large margin despite his general popularity in other parts of his life (Super Bowl winning NFL player).

3. PA voters don't like fake PA people, which is why Santorum went down in flames in his re-election campaign by a very large margin after it was found out he was basically no longer living in PA except for show and his kids were enrolled in Virginia schools. GOP is putting forth a lot of fake PA residents this cycle, and they'll be going against an actual PA resident on the Dem side.

4. Dr. Oz is getting tapped because the Senate candidate that the Grifter fully endorsed and was pushing withdrew from the race last week after he lost custody of his kids after the judge found his ex-wife's spousal and child abuse claims valid and very believable and awarded her sole custody.
Thanks for that!!!

Does number 1 not immediately disqualify him from running? How does one actually prove where one lives and what actually defines where one lives? These seem like idiotic questions but I guess they aren't. Or maybe I'm an idiot. :)

Kevin
dmforever

Post by dmforever »

ti-amie wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:53 pm NYC just elected a Mayor who lives in New Jersey. We need to get off of our high horse.
Again, sorry for my ignorance, but how can that happen?

Kevin

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

You're not an idiot. This is how they did it in NYC.

Reporters dug up the fact that Adams has a condo in New Jersey. He said he has an apartment in Brooklyn that he stays in most of the time. There were reports of a former neighbor of his in Brooklyn also having a place in the same condo development as Adams in New Jersey. Adams invited the media to the apartment in Brooklyn and said that it was lived in and that the person living in it was him.

The matter was dropped.

Mmmm8 if I got some of this wrong please correct me.
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:53 pm NYC just elected a Mayor who lives in New Jersey. We need to get off of our high horse.
I didn't know about this, but I should've been more specific. Dr. Oz is a resident of Northern New Jersey, in Bergen County. That is very much not part of the Philadelphia region so can't even pretend, well I just live across the river but everything I do, I do in Philly. He's going to be completely unfamiliar with localese of PA.

And I'm pointing this out because of how PA people are, which can be very insular. They very much love their own. If you genuinely adopt it as your home for many years, then that's another story, but barely living here and moving for the purpose of running for office? That's more likely to be okay with those in Philly and to a lesser extent Pittsburgh, and even they aren't crazy about it, and yet, that's hardly the pool of voters GOP needs on their side.

Kevin, you're not missing anything other than very suspect residency requirements for running. I was living in Illinois when the GOP did this nonsense against Obama when he ran for Senate. Thought enough people wouldn't' be able to tell the black men apart.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Wait I thought he lived in Southern NJ, right across the river or something. BERGEN COUNTY?! Hey, maybe he should've run for NYC mayor.