Politics Random, Random

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: Politics Random, Random

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Madison Cawthorn is Exhibit A as to why the rest of the GOP stays quiet about Tiny and the crime-ing in plain sight. If you don't know what is going on just Google him and his "cousin". I guess he FaFo'd. Literally. "The first rule of coke fueled drug orgies is..."
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
JTContinental United States of America

Post by JTContinental »

I think that video will bring his political aspirations to a close
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

JTContinental wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:19 pm I think that video will bring his political aspirations to a close
Nah. He is a republican. They can find them with an underage, transvestite indigenous prostitute, maxing out his credit cards in a cheap motel in Las Vegas, and they will still vote for him because that is fake news.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I dunno. They went HAM on him again today...

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I guess she found her way out. I don't know how any of them sleep at night.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

She sleeps like a baby. She has her job, by now surely a few millions, and, if you really want to know the trick: no scruples. You should try it. I hear you sleep until noon like a baby. Don't even have to wake up mid-night to go to the bathroom.
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

I could write a book on the ish candidates in the PA Senate race that are most likely to win but don't want to bore anyone, so I'll just say. The Dems are set to nominate an incredibly problematic Bernie Bro candidate that white people are pushing hard for (and literally no one else in the party is) and in true Bernie fashion, his fans are telling black people that he's good for them so in their minds, he must be and are making the assumption the votes will be there when he needs them. And there's a non-revolting Connecticut hedge fund guy who seems like the most likely to win the GOP primary that will be a tough out in the general, he's the kind of guy in normal times that would've appealed to independents and some moderate Dems.

The leaked abortion doc changed my calculations on this and unlike last week, I think the Dems may be able to win it again as they always were going to, but not because of the pitiful candidate, but because this might be enough to get turnout and something that supersedes his weak candidacy. Historically, Dems struggle winning statewide election when turnout is poor in Philly (majority black) and Pittsburgh. And the Dem candidate has a major black voter problem that could doom him in the general election. The abortion issue might be enough to overcome tepid turnout, but like Bernie, the polling that they expect in the general, is almost surely not going to wind up being accurate.

Dr. Oz still has a lot of red flags - residency, being seen as a RINO, Turkish citizenship - so it's unclear if he can beat hedge fund guy in the primary. He's spending like crazy, but hedge fund guy is too. Coming down to the wire, they seem to mostly be neck and neck with hedge fund guy typically getting a bit of an edge in polling. There's also a black woman running third and gaining steam in recent weeks who is trying to spoil it for both of them, she's not well funded at all, but has been running a successful grassroots campaign that has seen her rise in the polls in the last few weeks.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Serious here. I can't see any other topic of discussion in any next election other than the SCOTUS. I understand that people are going to be frustrated but, when I hear E. Warren saying "we will not go back", all I hear is somebody that sounds a bit delusional on what is happening. How precisely are you NOT going back? The SCOTUS is the final arbiter in the land and there will be nothing for the Dems to do.
Except: how can the Dems regain control of the Senate to the point that they can pass CONSTITUTIONAL amendments? Because Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and ACB are very young and you can expect the SCOTUS to be dominated by right-wing justices for the next 30 years. Unless, said constitutional amendment would impose limits on justices.
In the SCOTUS topic we have mentioned it. Overturning RoeVWade is just a start. Voting rights can be gutted, making it almost impossible for Dems to gain ground. And, if you say (JazzNu) the Dems continue to push extreme agendas, that will only make it harder.
So: what can the Dems really do?
When the history of 21st century USA will be written, the most important figure will be Mitch McConnel. This unscrupulous creature delivered the SCOTUS and therefore the USA to a party that can't win a general election and that is rooted in everything that was bad in the 1950's. One single man determined the politics for the nation for the first half of the century.

Post by JazzNU »

PA Primary is next week and the GOP is only now realizing they have a massive issue on their hands with the GOP frontrunner for Governor, who is by any measurement, (expletive) crazy when measured on the MTG scale. Literally present at the Insurrection and funded buses to go there, but swears he left before anything happened. So now they are scrambling realizing he's the least electable of the PA GOP Gubernatorial candidates and that his winning could not just lose them the Governor race, but that it could weigh down the PA GOP ticket as a whole come fall (though we no longer have straight ticket voting, so I assume they just don't like the optics of him appearing with the others).

They're trying to convince some of the also-rans to drop out to consolidate some votes for the other top contenders. But ballots are already printed, so how much good will that do? I have no idea why it's only now occurring to them except that few seem like they are dealing with a full deck these days.

Jokes a bit on them. The guy polling second is truly a heinous individual, maybe that hasn't become clear to the national journalists now covering the race, but it will become crystal clear in the general, he's a racist asshole who has been unsuccessful previously in winning a statewide election. The #3 guy, he's respectable sort of as the former US Attorney here in Philly, but after showing his ass on the regular here being a lapdog for Chief Insurrectionist for 4 years, that seemingly wasn't enough to buy him any loyalty as he's been thrown under the bus since he didn't help to overturn the election in PA. So, he's I guess a different kind of a problem for the GOP, because TFG has been saying loudly that he shouldn't be the nominee despite not actually backing anyone else.

Hers's an article for anyone interested in this sh!tshow - https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/1 ... o-00031607

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Post by JazzNU »

He's lucky he's a Democrat. Very likely a healthy amount of primary votes have already been cast via mail-in ballot. So not the same problem this would be if he was in the GOP Primary where I'm assuming they are pushing the idea of same-day voting since they are pretending like they didn't wholeheartedly agree in 2019 that mail-in voting was a great change. It'll be a shame if he wins with a lesser amount than predicted and they explain it away on this, because I really don't think that will be an accurate depiction of why the polling was off if that comes to pass.