Politics Random, Random

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: Politics Random, Random

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

And they're in a dead heat with a black woman who ran a grassroots campaign and spent less than $2 million. She's got these other campaigns shook, they attacked her nationally (I think it might have been Hannity that got that ball rolling) thinking they were helping Oz mostly and McCormick to a lesser extent, but it's only raised her profile considerably. Now she's everywhere and getting all kinds of publicity from it to the point that PACs supporting Oz and McCormick have begun running attack ads against her since about Friday. It's a mess.

She presents very well and so she could seem like she's not that bad. But she's a RWNJ for real, in lockstep with the guy in the lead for the GOP Governor nominee here that I mentioned the other day that was at the Insurrection.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

There are all of a sudden pics of her at Jan 6.

Found them.

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

I pay as little attention to politics (from any country) as possible - because it is rife with BS, lies, manipulations, and greed.
But without creating a new topic, there was nowhere else to put this, as it deals more with the subject of politics than with any other subject...

This is at once humorous, sad, and frightening.
It's about truth, and the lack of it, in the United States.
I think it's worth watching, so I'm posting it here. (You can skip the first 2 minutes and 50 seconds if you wish, as that is the introduction, which is too loud.)

It's worth noting that all of this is a product of the internet, which enables the spreading of BS much further, wider, and faster than at any other time in the history of mankind.
Again - the human animal will abuse absolutely everything it comes into contact with for self gain. Thus something which has the potential to be a tremendously positive element (television, the internet, etc.) very quickly becomes a profoundly negative element.

R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

He forgot the first rule of coke filled orgies...

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I hope our resident Pennsylvanians comment on this. Returns are still early though...
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Is the Edwards guy any better? Because in US politics, you could be going from CRAZY to DERANGED.
(Talking about the GOP election above)
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

dryrunguy

Post by dryrunguy »

ponchi101 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:30 am Is the Edwards guy any better? Because in US politics, you could be going from CRAZY to DERANGED.
(Talking about the GOP election above)
I don't know Chuck Edwards very well. Pro-2nd amendment, pro-Christianity, pro-police. But he also seems to acknowledge COVID, claims to be pro-economy, pro-jobs, pro-education, etc. I don't know.

I guess my take is that it's hard to go much further below Madison Cawthorn. (Hi, Marjorie, Matt, and Lauren.)
dryrunguy

Post by dryrunguy »

I am fascinated by the PA Senate Republican primary. We all know about Oz. Jazz posted the other day about Barnette.

But McCormick is (expletive) crazy. I am disturbed by the fact he is winning with 55% of the vote in.

Seriously, the man is nuts. I have to mute his ads where I can actually make it through the ads with Trump endorsing Oz without vomiting. Go figure.

Y'all should have seen McCormick's earlier ads. They were even worse. I guess they realized how bad they were because they pulled them and replaced them with something that was just slightly less (expletive) crazy.

Post by JazzNU »

With the way Fetterman went about misleading people for the last 5 days, I'm not sure this race is as settled as it will seem with just him winning tonight. We'll see. But other than that, you should see the way white people are caping for this man, especially online. It's really something to see from a group of people who act like they are BLM supporters (the movement, not the org). It's just real special to watch. Not remotely shocking to me, but interesting nonetheless. Will he be okay (if healthy) in the fall? Maybe. If he keeps trying to spin the incident, then he could find himself in trouble. It is rather pitiful the way his supporters keep saying "he's addressed it." His addressing it is quite laughable (I can post it for anyone interested). It's spin, plain and simple. Literally every black leader that has spoken about him garnering support has said plainly, he needs to address it truthfully and apologize. The handling of it has been comically bad and feels like they have very few black people in the room to tell him the truth about how all of this is coming off. The GOP was worried Conor Lamb would win, they were never worried about Fetterman winning, they wanted him to win, they have a attack playbook ready for him.

The GOP race has gone about as I expected it to go given the weakness of the field. Oz and McCormick neck and neck, both are barely residents but McCormick's ties to PA are legitimate and that always seemed to give him an edge.

Post by JazzNU »

dryrunguy wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:31 am I am fascinated by the PA Senate Republican primary. We all know about Oz. Jazz posted the other day about Barnette.

But McCormick is (expletive) crazy. I am disturbed by the fact he is winning with 55% of the vote in.

Seriously, the man is nuts. I have to mute his ads where I can actually make it through the ads with Trump endorsing Oz without vomiting. Go figure.

Y'all should have seen McCormick's earlier ads. They were even worse. I guess they realized how bad they were because they pulled them and replaced them with something that was just slightly less (expletive) crazy.
Crazy feels real relative on the GOP side of the ticket. I'm not sure what makes you say McCormick is more nuts than the others honestly. I might have missed something about him, I didn't look that closely. But I know his financial background is going over well with conservatives in the greater Philly area. I was under the impression he was less of a nut than Kathy, but more of one than Dr. Oz. But Dr. Oz is in lockstep with TFG, so he's taken on many of his positions.

McCormick's ads have been hilariously bad. He can buy and improve every single down on it's luck town and company he's visiting in these commercials, and yet he wants to come off as "one of the regular guys". The hard hat and mom and brother gun commercial have been two of the most pitiful of the bunch.
dryrunguy

Post by dryrunguy »

In other news, Madison Cawthorn has been defeated.

Post by JazzNU »

dryrunguy wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:31 am Y'all should have seen McCormick's earlier ads. They were even worse. I guess they realized how bad they were because they pulled them and replaced them with something that was just slightly less (expletive) crazy.
I'm also remembering the one with them on motorcycles that was so bad. If you tell me which ones you're thinking about, I'll see about finding it tomorrow.