Random, Random 2.0

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
dmforever

Re: Random, Random 2.0

Post by dmforever »

dryrunguy wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:55 pm
dmforever wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:17 pm
dryrunguy wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:39 pm I'm embarrassed by the fact that I actually knew precisely what she meant.
I"m embarrassed that I didn't. Did she mean digitize?

Kevin
Part of it. You get a vaccine. Which means you get the chip. And then the government can take over your body (essentially turning you into a robot).
Oh that. Well, of course that. That's totally obvious. I thought she was saying something that everyone doesn't already know. ;)

Kevin
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

ponchi101 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:34 pm And they can vote.
^ Even worse than that - they can reproduce!
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

On Saturday a man attempted to gain entrance to the museum with an expired membership, NYPD officials said. (Photo by FNTV)

NYPD: Man and woman stabbed inside MOMA in Midtown
By Estefania Hernandez New York City
PUBLISHED 5:22 PM ET Mar. 12, 2022
NEW YORK - Police said they are searching for an individual who stabbed two employees inside the Museum of Modern Art on Saturday.

The man and the woman who were taken to Bellevue Hospital are expected to survive, officials said.

At approximately 4:15 p.m. a man attempted to gain entrance to the museum with an expired membership, NYPD officials said at a news conference.

Police say the individual proceeded to jump over the reception desk to attack two workers. The victims received stab wounds to the back of the neck and collarbones, officials said.

Museum security was present at the scene, and police said the incident was "spontaneous" and "rapidly unfolded" before security could respond.

The NYPD said the individual has two prior "disorderly conduct" incidents on two separate dates and he is known to the staff. Police said he is not a previous employee.

Police in the vicinity are searching for a man wearing a black coat, colorful shirt and blue surgical mask.

A spokesperson for the mayor's office said, “This appears to be an isolated, criminal incident. Neither victim is suffering from life-threatening injuries at this time. The mayor will continue to monitor the situation and the progress of the two victims."

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/br ... po-organic

Mental health professionals and sociologists have their hands full. Psychotic breaks don't only happen in poor neighborhoods and end in violence.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

The picture below summarizes trends in internet usage for 11-17 year old Austrians. I wonder how different it would look elsewhere in EU or in USA. Percentage indicate difference from an identical survey in 2021.

MJ2004

Post by MJ2004 »

No Twitter?
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

MJ2004 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:26 pmNo Twitter?
Oh, I didn't even notice... Either teenagers don't use it much or maybe they were not asked about it?
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

Under 30% for Facebook - how that trend continues as these teens & tweens move into adulthood, and whether Instagram remains popular, or whether Facebook will need to find a new app to bring in younger generations.
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

I thought I and some of my contacts were the only person still using skype.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Skype has gone heavily corporate. Several oil giants use it for internal comms.
WA is so huge because it can sub for regular phone, in countries that do not have UNLIMITED calling plans. That is the reason it is used so much. I bet usage in L. America is as high.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:36 pm Skype has gone heavily corporate. Several oil giants use it for internal comms.
WA is so huge because it can sub for regular phone, in countries that do not have UNLIMITED calling plans. That is the reason it is used so much. I bet usage in L. America is as high.
WA usage is high in the Caribbean too.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

This newborn is like "Is this it? Really?" The eyerolls! :lol:

mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

ponchi101 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:36 pm Skype has gone heavily corporate. Several oil giants use it for internal comms.
Microsoft is switching most corporates from Skype to Teams now.

WA is popular everywhere except maybe some countries in East Asia.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

The sky was orange in Switzerland as well few days ago, but the severity was nothing like south of the Alps. By the way it's a completely natural phenomenon. Has been happening for thousands of years.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Suliso wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:11 pm The sky was orange in Switzerland as well few days ago, but the severity was nothing like south of the Alps. By the way it's a completely natural phenomenon. Has been happening for thousands of years.
^ Thousands of years?? I don't think so.
Impossible.
That would mean that the world existed before 'social media', and you'll have a very difficult time convincing most people of that!
:D
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower