Random, Random 2.0

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
Suliso Latvia

Re: Random, Random 2.0

Post by Suliso »

I see no particular reason to think he's lying about this one...

He's kind of out of favor with US government right now. Biden doesn't even mention Tesla when speaking about electric cars which is downright ridiculous.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Maybe Biden knows that talking about Tesla will affect a stock that is already highly volatile. Singling Tesla as an example will raise its price. Singling them as a warning drops it. They are too visible and the valuation of that stock is still very suspect, together with the valuation of all electric car companies. I recently read that the valuation of those companies is way more than the valuation of all traditional car companies put together, when they sell a fraction of what the regular manufacturers sell.
Tiny liked to talked about the market. Biden knows how that can bite you.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

That's a charitable explanation. Less charitable is that he's a not a big donor to the party and Tesla is anti union. Albeit relations with Obama used to be good.
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:58 pm Maybe Biden knows that talking about Tesla will affect a stock that is already highly volatile. Singling Tesla as an example will raise its price. Singling them as a warning drops it. They are too visible and the valuation of that stock is still very suspect, together with the valuation of all electric car companies. I recently read that the valuation of those companies is way more than the valuation of all traditional car companies put together, when they sell a fraction of what the regular manufacturers sell.
Tiny liked to talked about the market. Biden knows how that can bite you.
This is exactly right. Musk has been in serious hot water with the SEC the last few years and had to negotiate a settlement for his manipulation of Tesla's stock prices based on things he Tweets.
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

I started in 1995. How about you?
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Around 1995-6 too. The first service in Venezuela was around that time, and I was one of the first. My brother too.
My nickname here stems from there, as, at the time, Internet was not for serious business. So everybody had weird nicknames and references. My brother's was "Green Frog" (SapoVerde), I chose our dog's name.
I still remember dialing up :)
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

1995 or early 1996 for me too. My school's Computer Science teacher got a modem and she happened to be my group's classroom teacher. I think I remember being there for the first time she connected to the internet.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

In case you were wondering how the Biden family's Christmas decorations would look these are the pics so far. No more dystopian landscapes.

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

A better view of the Christmas Tree

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

The Vice President and Second Gentleman lighting their Menorah on the first night of Hanukkah.

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I know I am alone here, but I liked Melania's Xmas decoration. They were so Cruella DeVille, so "I called David Lynch for help", so "Santa's Halloween" that they were very different. I liked the style and the fact they obviously said that the person living there would skin Rudolph alive to make herself a pair of shoes, matching purse and a coat, with no second thoughts (and then feed the carcass to her pet Rottweilers).
It said so much about that house.
JTContinental United States of America

Post by JTContinental »

Suliso wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:25 pm Image

I started in 1995. How about you?
1997 for me, when I got a promotion at work that required me to have email. :D

Post by JTContinental »

ponchi101 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:13 pm I know I am alone here, but I liked Melania's Xmas decoration. They were so Cruella DeVille, so "I called David Lynch for help", so "Santa's Halloween" that they were very different. I liked the style and the fact they obviously said that the person living there would skin Rudolph alive to make herself a pair of shoes, matching purse and a coat, with no second thoughts (and then feed the carcass to her pet Rottweilers).
I low key liked them too, although perhaps not the right venue for them.
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

JTContinental wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:20 pm
ponchi101 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:13 pm I know I am alone here, but I liked Melania's Xmas decoration. They were so Cruella DeVille, so "I called David Lynch for help", so "Santa's Halloween" that they were very different. I liked the style and the fact they obviously said that the person living there would skin Rudolph alive to make herself a pair of shoes, matching purse and a coat, with no second thoughts (and then feed the carcass to her pet Rottweilers).
It was always entertaining, if nothing else. Traditional White House decor is a yawn.

Post by JTContinental »

meganfernandez wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:24 pm
JTContinental wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:20 pm
It was always entertaining, if nothing else. Traditional White House decor is a yawn.
Although I am a sucker for a tiny village