Science/Techno Babble Random, Random

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: Science/Techno Babble Random, Random

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Oh and by the way...

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Today I blocked Elmo for at least the third time...

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Anyone to whom it is not blatantly clear that Elon Musk is using and making fools of everyone who responds to his nonsense is in need of help.
It could not possibly be more obvious that Musk gets a big rush out of affecting people. He doesn't give a damn if the effect is positive or negative - he thrives on attention, pure and simple - ANY type of attention. And he wants to see tangible evidence of his effect on people.
And millions of people - stupidly - are biting the hook and giving him exactly what he wants. He is in 'the news' in every civilized country on the planet these days.

It's truly mind boggling how the masses who give him so much attention don't seem to realize that Musk is using them as mere pawns in his quest to be the most well known human on Earth. It's a very similar mindset as Trump has... just a massive, massive ego that is never satisfied and always wants MORE.
And people keep giving them exactly what they want, incredibly.
And so, it's THE PEOPLE who effectively create and perpetuate these idiots. Without the attention they're given, they would effectively cease to exist.
Sigh...
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

Likely not the result he was looking for.

Elon Musk Keeps Silent After Twitter Users Say He Should Quit as Boss
Mr. Musk had surveyed Twitter about whether he should remain in charge, and had said he would abide by the result.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/19/busi ... itter.html
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Come on... he doesn't care about the result. Anyone could have predicted this 'result'. This is just another method he's using to keep himself in the news.
IT'S SO BLATANTLY OBVIOUS...

It's all just a big game to him.
And for some reason, people are falling for it.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

Deuce wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:16 am Come on... he doesn't care about the result. Anyone could have predicted this 'result'. This is just another method he's using to keep himself in the news.

I personally enjoy watching him stumble, I'm not gonna beat myself up over that. He's got a "car wreck" quality to him, maybe Icarus.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Owendonovan wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:57 pm
Deuce wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:16 am Come on... he doesn't care about the result. Anyone could have predicted this 'result'. This is just another method he's using to keep himself in the news.

I personally enjoy watching him stumble, I'm not gonna beat myself up over that. He's got a "car wreck" quality to him, maybe Icarus.
He's not stumbling at all from HIS perspective - he's having a grand ol' time with all of the attention he's getting, whether it's positive, negative, or neutral.
He's found a way to get exactly what he wants from people, and from the media, etc. - using them all to get what he wants.
To me, that means he's 'winning' far more than anyone who is criticizing him - it's no contest. He has managed to get millions of people - and countless media outlets - desperately waiting for his next move.
The only way for the people and media to win would be to ignore him. And it certainly doesn't look like that's going to happen any time soon, sadly...

Musk is a fool, no question. But he's not a dumb fool. He's a deeply troubled, defective individual - and the directions he heads in are unfortunate, selfish, egotistical, crazy, and, ultimately, more destructive than constructive - but he's extremely intelligent.
That's why he has the world wrapped around his (middle) finger.
R.I.P. Amal...

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I understand that Climate Change is one very serious threat to humanity. But not far behind (and I do not know if they are behind) stand Work Automation and Artificial Intelligence.
Here is one example:
AI can now write like a human. Some teachers are worried.

The Gist: A company called OPENAI has released a language model that is so complete that it can produce essays that are impossible to tell from human-produced ones. Meaning that, in a short while, every idiot in school could deliver an essay that the teacher could not tell it would be produced by AI.
Imagine the consequences for any and all writers: newspeople, scripts, novelists, anybody making a living by writing.

It is time to start regulating this form of AI. And maybe look at some other technologies that have wiped out some jobs (which by now is too late).
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

^ As I've been saying for a couple of decades now... The human species will abuse absolutely everything it comes into contact with, thus transforming potential positives into profound negatives.
The examples are far too numerous to mention.

If only people would see how something will be abused and the negative effect it will have before inventing it or unleashing it - it would be quite easy to predict how something would be used negatively.
But - hey - even if people see and know exactly how it will become a negative to individuals and to society, they will still go ahead with it as long as there is money to be made. No matter how many lives are negatively affected - and even ruined - by it.
Wonderful.

(This was written by a live human being.)
R.I.P. Amal...