Talk about the NFL

For those 4 months of the year
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: Talk about the NFL

Post by ponchi101 »

That last clip is insane. Talk about burning bridges with the entire league.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:51 am That last clip is insane. Talk about burning bridges with the entire league.
Someone on the Sunday Night Football crew said "but he's so talented someone will hire him". And that is the problem.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Uhm, don't know. You can be extremely talented but how can you convince a team now that you will be there at critical times after you pull this stunt?
This is not Josh Gordon, unable to control a substance dependency (although fortunately, he is back). This is somebody walking out on his team at a crucial moment. I wonder which GM will take him in.
Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

Aside from Evans, didn't seem anyone on the Bucs tried to keep him on the field. Telling. I expect to find him in the news again for something unsavory. I hope he gets the help he needs, if there is any, before it's too late.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

ponchi101 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:43 am But WHY did he just walk out? I was not watching that game.
Depends on who you believe. Arians claimed he was trying to get him back into the game and refused to go in. Other rumours say he was benched and then left because he was mad about possibly missing those bonuses.

Either way a sad situation with someone who obviously is in need of some help… and a surreal scene in the game.
:steven:
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Does he actually have any bridges left to burn?
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

No, but for talented players teams are often willing to build new ones to be burnt.
Togtdyalttai United States of America

Post by Togtdyalttai »

He might be talented but he's getting up there in age for a WR. He's probably too radioactive for any team to take a risk on now because the reward is not what it was 3 years ago.
JTContinental United States of America

Post by JTContinental »

If that was Russell's last home game with Seattle, that's the way to go out.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

He just showed that the one that has to leave if Carroll. IF you let Russ wing it, see what happens. But no, Pete wants to "establish" the run when he does not have a running back that can do that. So he gives his RB's the ball 25 times, for 60 yards.
I like Carroll. He seems like a good person. But he has not changed his coaching and he seems, to me, unable to understand that he has a very powerful trio up there that he needs to use.
Other than that: what you said. That is the Russell we need to see.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

No surprise but the last week of the season is my favorite week of the year... love all the scenario figuring out.

My favorite scenario has to be Baltimore's one. They need to win, need the Raiders to win, Indy to lose, and then... they also need Miami to lose as they only win the tiebreaker if Miami (who are eliminated) doesn't make it a four way Dolphins-Colts-Chargers-Ravens tie.

Also, just saw that four teams are still alive for the AFC bye. Funniest one there is New England - they have all the tiebreakers to get the bye if there is a 3/4 way tie... but don't have the tiebreaker over Buffalo to win the division. :)

Also, the Chargers - Raiders game might not be a complete win in and in, lose and out game. If Indy and Pittsburgh both lose, the Raiders will make the playoffs win or lose. Regardless it is must win for the Chargers no matter what.

The NFC is annoyingly simple this year!
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

I always love hearing announcers talking about teams playoff chances but referring to some single game results as impossible… as if there aren’t 2-3 major upsets every week. Last Monday night was especially hilarious with the announcers every five minutes mentioning that there was almost no chance at all Jacksonville could beat Indy.
Togtdyalttai United States of America

Post by Togtdyalttai »

Like Ptmcmahon, I love the last week of the regular season. This Chargers-Raiders game has been a barrel of fun. I've been rooting for a tie because I prefer both teams to the Steelers. The fact that it's come within 5 minutes of a tie which would send both teams to the playoffs is madness.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

It has been awesome. And yes, either team is better then the Steelers. But it won't be.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

That may have been the most entertaining and crazy day of football I can ever remember.

But what I will remember? Why the hell does Staley call that timeout ? I had already started typing a text to
My Steelers fan brother to make fun of him.

Edit - his excuse was that they didn’t have the right defense on the field … ;)

Meanwhile Oakland’s coach admitted they were talking about the tie before the Chargers made them run another play to setup the field goal.