Talk about the NFL

For those 4 months of the year
ptmcmahon Canada

Re: Talk about the NFL

Post by ptmcmahon »

Not sure that really helps them. Cooper Krupp had been having a great year and the other receivers doing fine too. I see this as much more likely to blow up in their face if he turns out to be his usual distraction self. But sometimes being on a winning team does wonders for a persons behaviour.
:steven:
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Uhm... You have Kupp, Woods, Anderson and... excuse me, but what do the Rams need OBJ for? They are loaded at the position.
I mean it. I do not understand it.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

Oh it helps. And OBJ has never been a TO type of problem, that's always been a media narrative and nothing else. It's why so many were wearing Free OBJ shirts around the league last week, other players like him a lot, including his teammates. The Rams were able to land OBJ because players helped with recruiting him.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Tell that to the kicker practice nets :D

Everything I read about him leaving the Giants made it seem like he was a distraction for the team at least - for example:

https://sny.tv/articles/odell-beckham-j ... s-receiver

And it didn't sound to me like Cleveland stay went well and he wanted out right away. Don't think the media made that up - probably exaggerated a bit of course...

https://apnews.com/article/nfl-sports-m ... 009c9246cb

It at least reminds me of TO's situation - wanting out of teams, not liking his QBs.

I still think it doesn't help, but time will tell if it's more of a TO ending, or a Randy Moss ending.

Post by JazzNU »

Real locker room cancer here. Players on multiple teams reached out to him in this manner FYI.

Post by JazzNU »

ptmcmahon wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:07 am Tell that to the kicker practice nets :D

Everything I read about him leaving the Giants made it seem like he was a distraction for the team at least - for example:

And it didn't sound to me like Cleveland stay went well and he wanted out right away. Don't think the media made that up - probably exaggerated a bit of course...

It at least reminds me of TO's situation - wanting out of teams, not liking his QBs.
That tells me you fell for the media hype, which is understandable, there was a lot of it.

Again, if all you're going to do is follow the media narrative, you'll always believe OBJ has been a locker room problem. But when most players aren't saying anything to back up that narrative, you need to step back and question why. This has been an intentional framing of OBJ. It's been crystal clear from almost the start that it was occurring. It's just disappointing that it has continued because in large part, no one with a big enough voice in sports media has taken a step back to examine the situation.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

I’m also following what I saw on tv. He frequently looked unhappy and often was a distraction in games. I’m sure some of it is media blowing stuff out of control but the media didn’t invent him throwing temper tantrums on the sidelines, wrestling with Josh Norman, getting in fights with kicker practice nets etc. I can’t remember him ever looking happy in a Cleveland uniform. It’s not all media hype… like usual the truth is somewhere in between.

And regardless I don’t know how much it actually helps the Rams. My prediction is it messes with the chemistry they’ve had this year… but time will tell. We’ve all been showing how well we can predict what happens in the NFL this year.

And of course his new teammates are going to say after they wanted him to come… that story also sounds like some media exaggeration to me :) And what were they going to say after Ramsey went to "the receivers room" - no thanks?
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

The impression I get from him is that he needs to be the #1 option for the WR's. And there is no way that happens with the Rams. Kupp is #1, Woods and Anderson rotate at #2. So OBJ will be a reliable #3, but he is not going to get 12 targets per game.
I don't know if he will be glad with that.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Well… all of a sudden the move definitely looks a lot better…apparently Woods tore his ACL and is out for the season. My stance on how the OBJ move will work out has definitely changed a bit now.
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Rodgers active tomorrow. I’m excited as a Packers fan but embarrassed about it. Interesting to see how road crowds react.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

ptmcmahon wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:54 pm Well… all of a sudden the move definitely looks a lot better…apparently Woods tore his ACL and is out for the season. My stance on how the OBJ move will work out has definitely changed a bit now.
Indeed. OBK moves immediately to #1.5, together with Anderson.
I had Woods in my FF. So, in need of a WR, I just picked Anderson. Watch him got 3-15-0 tomorrow. Kupp will go 11-132-2, OBJ will get on TD too.
JTContinental United States of America

Post by JTContinental »

I will not link to the video because it is very disturbing, but former Rams/Jets RB Zac Stacy has a domestic violence warrant out in Florida for his arrest, after videos of him "allegedly" savagely beating the mother of his child. Reports also say that he may be on the run in Tennessee.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Why is this not surprising?
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein