Talk about the NFL

For those 4 months of the year
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: Talk about the NFL

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Serious question. If the Bengals are wearing white, isn't that a serious advantage in the snow? I mean, they are almost camouflaged.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Probably not really. Remember we’re watching from overhead so we’re contrasting our view with the ground. For the players they are probably standing out more.
:steven:
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:23 pm Serious question. If the Bengals are wearing white, isn't that a serious advantage in the snow? I mean, they are almost camouflaged.
Definitely not camouflaged. It's like people who wear white winter coats. You see them just fine in a snowstorm.

Not sure how often you've watched outdoor winter sports, but like skiers wear white pretty regularly on the slopes and you see them fine and so does everyone else, even when the snow is coming down hard.

I think part of it is that they are different white colors. And white on white when not made together in a design context is typically less than attractive, it presents more like white on off-white because they are inconsistent shades.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I ski dressed in blue or blue/red ;). So when I splatter myself the rescue dogs will have an easier time finding me :D
During some part of the transmission, it felt that the Bills were so lost it was as if they could not find the Bengals. So I thought: they dressed like Siberian tigers; not Bengals.
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:11 pm I ski dressed in blue or blue/red ;). So when I splatter myself the rescue dogs will have an easier time finding me :D
During some part of the transmission, it felt that the Bills were so lost it was as if they could not find the Bengals. So I thought: they dressed like Siberian tigers; not Bengals.
Visibility was definitely a problem through parts of the game when the snow was coming down particularly hard, but that was the same for both. I think it was more of a we aren't as good as we thought we were realization that had the Bills looking lost...

Personally don't think they've looked as good since their key defensive injuries especially to Micah Hyde and Von Miller that made them less than the more formidable team they were early in the season.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

I will say the funniest part of the visibility in the Bills game was when they kept showing Damar in the press box early in the game and they would say "look what he is doing" and you couldn't see a thing at all :) Could've been anyone doing anything.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

When this is the "play of the game"

Alexis Ohanian was like WTF?

He also asked if that showed that they have no faith in Dak.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

There is a percentile of cowardly punts? :) That's awesome. Wonder what #1 was?

Even aggressive go with the stats guy me wasn't too offended by first two punts. But man it's hard to punt when you're losing with 2 minutes left, no matter where you are.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

And then: he got what he wanted. The defense stopped the 49'ers, and they got the ball back. But Schultz could not complete that catch.
Very tough decision. He needed to know: what was the percentage FOR THE COWBOYS of making that 4th down, and what was the percentage for the Niners, to stop them. I say, with that defense, the percentages were in favor of the Niners.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I really don't care for Steven A but he's taking his schtick all the way to the bank.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »