UPDATED 2021 Women's USOSP Picks & Results

Can you beat the draw? Just one measly pick a day...

Moderator: Contest Staff

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

UPDATED 2021 Women's USOSP Picks & Results

Post by ponchi101 »

Congratulations to those that made this topic, and that have survived a week of lunatic picks and some truly outstanding upsets (looking at you, Kerber). Your reward for this is: you have to keep doing it. Your list of picks is:

161stAndChilla : Vondrousova. Kontaveit. Collins. Kvitova. Krejcikova. Andreescu. Sabalenka. Raducanu. Svitolina
bankerb4 : Azarenka. Kontaveit. Mertens. Pegula. Krejcikova. Andreescu. Sabalenka. Pliskova. Svitolina
DU Pioneers : Vondrousova. Kontaveit. Collins. Pegula. Krejcikova. Andreescu. Sabalenka. Raducanu. Svitolina
esimons11 : Kerber. Kontaveit. Mertens. Pegula. Svitolina. Pliskova. Sabalenka. NO PICK
Fiercehart2 : Alexandrova. Kontaveit. Mertens. Pegula. Krejcikova. Andreescu. Sabalenka. Pliskova. Svitolina
Fifi Lainez : Alexandrova. Badosa. Jabeur. Kvitova. Krejcikova. Andreescu. Sabalenka. Pliskova. Svitolina

Gacritter : Danilovic. Schmiedlova. Collins. Pegula. Kerber. Pavlyuchenkova. Krejcikova. Pliskova. Sabalenka. Bencic
gunner : Vondrousova. Tomljanovic. Jabeur. Pegula. Krejcikova. Andreescu. Sabalenka. Rogers
hawk99 : Paolini. Schmiedlova. Mertens. Bencic. Krejcikova. Andreescu. Sabalenka. Raducanu. Fernandez. Pliskova
Irena2 : Vondrousova. Martic. Mertens. Pegula. Svitolina. Pavlyuchenkova. Sabalenka. Pliskova. Fernandez. Sakkari
Jeff from TX : Alexandrova. Kontaveit. Mertens. Pegula. Svitolina. Pavlyuchenkova. Sabalenka. Pliskova. Krejcikova
kcgregg : Azarenka. Kontaveit. Kerber. Pegula. Svitolina. Raducanu. Fernandez. Rogers.
KLB21 : Kasatkina. Sakkari. Mertens. Kontaveit. Halep. Raducanu. Krejcikova. Andreescu
led14pa2 : McHale. Kontaveit. Kerber. Pegula. Svitolina. Pavlyuchenkova. Sabalenka.Raducanu. Krejcikova
lukeorion : Voundrosova. Badosa. Azarenka. Pegula. Krejcikova. Pavlyuchenkova. Sabalenka. Pliskova. Svitolina
mu_royals : Kasatkina. Schmiedlova. Mertens. Pegula. Svitolina. Pavlyuchenkova. Sabalenka. Pliskova. Fernandez. Bencic
naughtyT : Azarenka. Tomljanovic. Muguruza. Pegula. Krejcikova. Pliskova. Sabalenka. Raducanu. Svitolina
New England Nitemare : Vondrousova. Kontaveit. Mertens. Pegula. Svitolina. Andreescu. Sabalenka. Pliskova. Fernandez. Sakkari
Omegadoom : Paolini. Kontaveit. Mertens. Pegula. Krejcikova. Andreescu. Sabalenka. Pliskova. Svitolina
Pharmanimal : Garcia. Tomljanovic. Mertens. Pegula. Krejcikova. Pavlyuchenkova. Fernandez. Sakkari. Sabalenka. Raducanu
Tolulops : Danilovic. Teichmann. Mertens. Pegula. Halep. Andreescu. Krejcikova. Rogers
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: UPDATED 2021 Women's USOSP Picks & Results

Post by ponchi101 »

We start the day with 21 players, after one NO PICK:

Pliskova 11
Raducanu 5

Rogers 3
Andreescu 1

Sakkari 1

A clear favorite is there, but it is by now a risky pick.
Good luck to all. Remember, as this is a new topic and JT is not in command, CHECK YOUR PICKS if you feel you are still alive. All corrections will be implemented.
JTContinental United States of America

Re: UPDTATED 2021 Women's USOSP Picks & Results

Post by JTContinental »

Is that a typo in the title or clever TAT wordplay?

Though I’m not in command, at least 4 of you will bow to my wishes today.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: UPDTATED 2021 Women's USOSP Picks & Results

Post by ponchi101 »

JTContinental wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:45 pm Is that a typo in the title or clever TAT wordplay?

Though I’m not in command, at least 4 of you will bow to my wishes today.
You see why you should have never left me in charge? ;)
My misspelling, and I will leave your post as it is for documentation.
naughtyT Australia

Post by naughtyT »

ponchi101 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:13 pm Congratulations to those that made this topic, and that have survived a week of lunatic picks and some truly outstanding upsets (looking at you, Kerber). Your reward for this is: you have to keep doing it. Your list of picks is:

what doesn't kill you makes you live on in misery and confusion
Irena2 United States of America

Post by Irena2 »

I realized last night I'd have more choices if I picked against Pavlyuchenkova...so glad I changed my pick. I live another day in relief and confusion, but misery can wait until tomorrow!
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

After that re-enacting of GLADIATOR by Sakakri and Andreescu, we are left with 16 players still gunning for that trophy.
As today's matches start a bit later, I will update then. Have to go and pay bills, like always.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

We start with 16 players.
The breakdown is:
Svitolina 8
Fernandez 4
Krejcikova 2
Sabalenka 2

Of course, will have, at a minimum, 6 people departing.
Best of luck.

Post by Irena2 »

Now that Krejcikova is out, I have no chance of beating the draw. So now I guess I hope Sakkari beats Pliskova so I can pick the winner of Raducanu-Bencic and call it a day. Best of luck to those who still have the chance!
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Update. We are down to 6, and three more rounds. The USO is indeed the toughest of the slams, even for us.
New England Nitemare United States of America

Post by New England Nitemare »

Irena2 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:09 am Now that Krejcikova is out, I have no chance of beating the draw. So now I guess I hope Sakkari beats Pliskova so I can pick the winner of Raducanu-Bencic and call it a day. Best of luck to those who still have the chance!
I'm in the same boat as you. I can't beat the draw either. These pool are super tough, this is the furthest that i have gone in a long while.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I have not closed the PICKS topic because it is not time, and in case somebody wants to change picks, but we have six picks in:
Bencic 2
Sakkari 2
Pliskova 1
Raducanu 1

Truly impressed that you guys are still alive, and I mean that sincerely. Best of luck. :clap:
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

At least two will move on, but I didn't check if in that minimal scenario either has any picks left.
JTContinental United States of America

Post by JTContinental »

I'm back, baby! Big thanks to our fearless leader ponchi for filling in for me while I was in the wilds of Minnesota

Post by Irena2 »

New England Nitemare wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:31 am
Irena2 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:09 am Now that Krejcikova is out, I have no chance of beating the draw. So now I guess I hope Sakkari beats Pliskova so I can pick the winner of Raducanu-Bencic and call it a day. Best of luck to those who still have the chance!
I'm in the same boat as you. I can't beat the draw either. These pool are super tough, this is the furthest that i have gone in a long while.
What a boat it has turned out to be! Congratulations! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: