Hello Dante? What Level Is This?

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: Hello Dante? What Level Is This?

Post by ponchi101 »

I thought the whole point of schools was that parents simply are not able to teach their kids everything they need to know.
Specially in a world and age where knowledge grows at an exponential rate.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:25 am I thought the whole point of schools was that parents simply are not able to teach their kids everything they need to know.
Specially in a world and age where knowledge grows at an exponential rate.
Don't get me started.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

There is a hell of a lot to unpack in that statement. I'll start with children of color can't be Christian?

From the article:
When questioned about her comment, Beeman said, "The statement I made was poorly worded and shown out of context. Guilford students who may have staunch Judeo-Christian values, or simply are conservative thinkers, have been bullied into submission by their teachers and fellow students with left-leaning ideologies."

Former Guilford Chairman Bill Bloss said, "exactly what context would that comment be positive in."
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Plus: is it a ZERO SUM game? "Sorry, you can't have feelings of belonging because, other people have them"-
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

ti-amie wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:30 pm

There is a hell of a lot to unpack in that statement. I'll start with children of color can't be Christian?

From the article:
When questioned about her comment, Beeman said, "The statement I made was poorly worded and shown out of context. Guilford students who may have staunch Judeo-Christian values, or simply are conservative thinkers, have been bullied into submission by their teachers and fellow students with left-leaning ideologies."

Former Guilford Chairman Bill Bloss said, "exactly what context would that comment be positive in."
Translation, children came home with new knowledge and their backwards conservative, potentially racist, pseudo-Christian parents didn't like it and complained.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

^:clap: :clap: :clap:

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

Is this an additional "secret gift" from Deutsche? I'm a bit too lazy to read the thing. I thought one of their gifts is that they forgave his giant debt, which included not only the loan on this hotel but a lot of other money he's been owing them for decades?
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I know Deutsche Bank will be devastated to hear this but: I would never have my money in that bank.
And it is not because of their ties to Tiny. They really seem to be as dishonest as an European bank can be.
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

ponchi101 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:06 pm I know Deutsche Bank will be devastated to hear this but: I would never have my money in that bank.
And it is not because of their ties to Tiny. They really seem to be as dishonest as an European bank can be.
It's tricky because a good friend of mine works at Deutsche Bank. He likes to point out it's a "different" part of DB than all the scandalous parts and I hate to tell him it's still the same company.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I am not sure what the recipe for a civil war is, but I am sure that one the main ingredients is: "Total wacko-nut jobs, able to buy and own large numbers of high powered weapons with unlimited supplies of ammunition. Be sure to mix with religious/fanatical leaders for extra volatility".

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I worry about those who live in states like Tennessee who are not in on the MAGA grift.

It's also interesting to think about what would happen if these lunatics get their wish and recreate the Confederacy, something that would cut them off from all of the assistance they get from blue states. I have to find an article I read from the Guardian about what is happening post Brexit and Boris Johnson's game playing with people's lives. I think something similar would happen if these people got their wish.