Hello Dante? What Level Is This?

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
dmforever

Re: Hello Dante? What Level Is This?

Post by dmforever »

In case anyone is looking for a "job"...

https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/JPF04991?f ... cJiXLp9pjs

If you want to cut to the chase, read the first line under "Position Description"

Kevin
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

dmforever wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:36 pm In case anyone is looking for a "job"...

https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/JPF04991?f ... cJiXLp9pjs

If you want to cut to the chase, read the first line under "Position Description"

Kevin
I'm sure the line is out the door and down the street for this "job".
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Link has been taken down and routes you to a new listing of real jobs. So, please do tell.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
dmforever

Post by dmforever »

I should have screen shot it. They were advertising a an adjunct position in the chemistry department at UCLA in which there was no pay. I forget how they worded it, but they expected people with a PhD to apply, and then teach multiple classes, for free. Mind boggling.

Kevin
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Ok. That is par for the course in job hunting. I remember a few years ago I ran into an ad from Shell, requesting a geophysicist with TWO PhD's, to work in some department, but not as a boss. Which was ridiculous, to say the least. Anybody with two PhD's in any division of physics has tenure at a large university, so no way they would move to Shell.
dmforever

Post by dmforever »

I would say asking someone to work for no pay is much different than asking someone to work in a position for which she is overqualified. Both bad, but not at the same level.

Kevin
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

ponchi101 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:11 am By now, you have to wonder if there is a mole in the USA, or a nest. It is getting to be too much.
If it's Tulsi Hubbard, the FSB is not doing a very good job of hiding it.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Jan. 6 Insurrectionist Granted Asylum In Belarus, According To State Media

California man and Jan. 6 Capitol rioter Evan Neumman gives an interview on Belarusian state-owned TV channel Belarus 1 in November, 2021. (Belteleradio/YouTube)

By Cristina Cabrera
|
March 22, 2022 2:07 p.m.

48-year-old Evan Neumann of California, aka the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrectionist who fled to Belarus last year to escape the FBI, has been granted asylum in the eastern European country, according to Belarusian state-owned news agency BELTA.

Neumann “received refugee status in Belarus,” BELTA reported on Tuesday, per Russian news agency Interfax. “The document was handed to him today at the Department of Citizenship and Migration of the Internal Affairs Directorate of the Brest Regional Executive Committee.”

Everything’s gone swimmingly, according to Neumann, who ran away from the U.S. in February last year.

“I feel safe in Belarus. I’m calm, I like it in the country,” the refugee reportedly said, per BELTA. “Today I have mixed feelings. I’m glad because Belarus took care of me. I’m upset because I found myself in such a situation that problems arose in my native country.”

Some of those “problems” are the 14 criminal counts Neumann’s been indicted on, which include assaulting police officers and engaging in violence with a deadly or dangerous weapon, after he and the rest of the pro-Trump mob ransacked the Capitol on Jan. 6 last year.

Neumann is now on the FBI’s “Most Wanted” list.

After fleeing from the U.S. on Feb. 16, according to the FBI, the insurrectionist reemerged in November in a state-run Belarus 1 TV segmented titled “Goodbye, America!” during which he recounted a bizarre tale of navigating swamps and feral hogs while traveling from Ukraine to Belarus.

Neumann claimed he faced “torture” in the U.S. as his explanation for seeking refuge in Belarus, a country notorious for torturing its political prisoners.

But Belarus 1 TV heralded Neumann as a brave individual who “sought justice and asked uncomfortable questions” and is “being persecuted” for it.

News of Minsk granting Neumann asylum comes with the backdrop of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, which was partially facilitated by the Belarusian government (though Belarus has largely avoided direct involvement in the conflict).

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/jan- ... tate-media
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Get Franz Kafka. Give him a bottle of absinthe, make him smoke some crack, then a few grams of meth, and he would still not be able to come up with (expletive) like this.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Why does it take so long in America to slap handcuffs and send a criminal somebody to prison? Why?
dmforever

Post by dmforever »

It's amazing how someone can think that no one will know if they do something as public as get online and host a show. Really really mind boggling stupidity.

Pretty sure the judge is going to be majorly pissed off.

Kevin

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »