Hello Dante? What Level Is This?

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
Owendonovan United States of America

Re: Hello Dante? What Level Is This?

Post by Owendonovan »

Elon Musk, in a Tweet, Shares Link From Site Known to Publish False News
On Saturday, Hillary Clinton, the former first lady and 2016 Democratic presidential nominee, posted a tweet assailing Republicans for spreading “hate and deranged conspiracy theories” that she said had emboldened the man who attacked Ms. Pelosi’s husband, Paul, inside the couple’s home in San Francisco early Friday.

In a reply to Mrs. Clinton’s tweet, Mr. Musk wrote, “There is a tiny possibility there might be more to this story than meets the eye” and then shared a link to an article in the Santa Monica Observer. The article alleges that Mr. Pelosi was drunk and in a fight with a male prostitute.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/30/busi ... sband.html

I hope twitter tanks, it's quickly becoming the cesspool Musk has promised it will be.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I'm really tired.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Owendonovan wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:35 pm Elon Musk, in a Tweet, Shares Link From Site Known to Publish False News
On Saturday, Hillary Clinton, the former first lady and 2016 Democratic presidential nominee, posted a tweet assailing Republicans for spreading “hate and deranged conspiracy theories” that she said had emboldened the man who attacked Ms. Pelosi’s husband, Paul, inside the couple’s home in San Francisco early Friday.

In a reply to Mrs. Clinton’s tweet, Mr. Musk wrote, “There is a tiny possibility there might be more to this story than meets the eye” and then shared a link to an article in the Santa Monica Observer. The article alleges that Mr. Pelosi was drunk and in a fight with a male prostitute.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/30/busi ... sband.html

I hope twitter tanks, it's quickly becoming the cesspool Musk has promised it will be.
Duty To Warn 🔉
@duty2warn

After the outrage on Twitter, Elon Musk deleted his misinformation tweet about the attack on Paul Pelosi.
“He may own the company but when he’s faced with all our voices he doesn’t want the trouble.”
—Reed Galen
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Jeff from TX United States of America

Post by Jeff from TX »

ti-amie wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:58 pm I'm really tired.
I think a lot of us can understand your feeling on some level. I personally want to thank you and all of our posters' efforts to keep us informed on "stuff" that would otherwise slip by as well as giving us opinions and facts to consider about a wide range of topics in our world (and giving us some fun contests to participate in as well :D ). You are appreciated by this man in Arizona.
It seems like time is going backwards towards 1984 . . . :freaking:
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Ti's work is so completely appreciated. Lately, I just find myself puzzled by some of the tweets and posts; I can't express anything because there are, on so many occasions, no words for me to say.
But it is the sole way to keep up with the lunacy. As tough as it is, and as tired as Ti gets (and some of us too).
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

ti-amie wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:43 pm
Well it's too late now to convince a considerable amount of his audience that it wasn't true.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

texasniteowl

Post by texasniteowl »

So very many things I just do not understand these days. But in the end does it all come down to: where did a sense of basic decency go?

Some of the election denier candidates do have so much going for them. Some of them are intelligent, polished, charismatic, etc., but they choose to have their legacy be this?

I just don't have words.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

texasniteowl wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:05 pm So very many things I just do not understand these days. But in the end does it all come down to: where did a sense of basic decency go?

Some of the election denier candidates do have so much going for them. Some of them are intelligent, polished, charismatic, etc., but they choose to have their legacy be this?

I just don't have words.
On November 6, 2016, I "jokingly" put in the IN MEMORIAN thread (TAT1.0) a post that said:
"In Memorian.
Decency. 4,000 BC - Nov 6 2016.Passed away after a long disease. Survived by two siblings, Common Sense and Empathy, both in critical conditions".

But we need a sociologist to properly answer your question, not some of my idiotic attempts at cynicism.
texasniteowl

Post by texasniteowl »

ponchi101 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:05 pm
On November 6, 2016, I "jokingly" put in the IN MEMORIAN thread (TAT1.0) a post that said:
"In Memorian.
Decency. 4,000 BC - Nov 6 2016.Passed away after a long disease. Survived by two siblings, Common Sense and Empathy, both in critical conditions".

But we need a sociologist to properly answer your question, not some of my idiotic attempts at cynicism.
"Joke" or not...it feels true.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Why is that news? And why single out Afghanistan? The same issues happen in Pakistan and several other Muslim countries.
This situation is exactly the status-quo prior to the 2002 invasion.