by Togtdyalttai Welcome to the 2021 NFL Challenge lounge. I'll be posting scoreboards weekly unless otherwise stated.

by Togtdyalttai In the first week, a rash of upsets resulted in some lower scores, but JTContinental and JazzNU didn't get the memo. They're first and second with 97 and 96 points, respectively.

Scoreboard

by ponchi101 Wow. They basically opened a one TOP PICK difference with everybody. Kudos for picking Las Vegas. Great call.

by JazzNU Great! I'll come back down to earth in short order, but I was definitely confused with the Vegas odds for Week 1 and what people were generally thinking. It was more hype based than I can typically remember them being and I think it fed into a lot of the picks people made (not just on here, but in general - Survival Week 1 crash out was severe this year).

by ponchi101 And this week the Ravens go against the Chiefs. Even though it is in Baltimore, the Ravens can find themselves in that dreaded 0-2 hole, from which, we know, only one team has come back to win a SB.
They needed Monday night more than the Raiders. And, BTW: it was a fun game.

by Omess I am getting “ doc doesn’t exist or you don’t have permission..,”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

by JazzNU
Omess wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:44 pm I am getting “ doc doesn’t exist or you don’t have permission..,”

Do you mean when you try to view the scores or something else?

If the scores, here are the week 1 scores while TPTB look into what the issue is.

by Omess
JazzNU wrote:
Omess wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:44 pm I am getting “ doc doesn’t exist or you don’t have permission..,”

If the scores, here are the week 1 scores while TPTB look into what the issue is.

Yes, when I try to view the scores

Thanks for the score

by ponchi101
Omess wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:01 pm ...

Yes, when I try to view the scores

Thanks for the score

Because you are browsing the board using tapatalk :P
Serious here.
TAT1.0 was built in a different software than TAT2.0. Since we are in PHP, TAT2.0 seams very well with any browser, specially mobiles. But, since you were going through TAPATALK, that one does not have a good integration.
Do you mind giving TAT2.0 a go with your iPhone browser? I believe that if you do, you will be able to click on the link and get the EXCEL originated table that Tog uploaded. I just did with my Android, and it goes like a charm.
Also, the board looks very much the same in a mobile as it does in a regular browser.
I would like to see if it works. Curious about some of the kinks in this software.

by JazzNU Dealing with some urgent family stuff and didn't get the chance to post. Not sure if I can get points for games that haven't started or not, but if so, I'll post those in the weekly thread. If not, oh well, couldn't be helped.

by Togtdyalttai
JazzNU wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:57 pm Dealing with some urgent family stuff and didn't get the chance to post. Not sure if I can get points for games that haven't started or not, but if so, I'll post those in the weekly thread. If not, oh well, couldn't be helped.
Sorry Jazz, I don't want to open up that can of worms. It's an 11-point difference with your picks late games, which isn't going to make much of a difference anyway, but I'll keep a note of it in my spreadsheet at least.

by Togtdyalttai Scores were more clustered but ever so slightly lower in week 2. New England Nitemare and fastbackss led the way, but JTContinental is still ahead overall.

Scoreboard

by JazzNU
Togtdyalttai wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:09 am Sorry Jazz, I don't want to open up that can of worms. It's an 11-point difference with your picks late games, which isn't going to make much of a difference anyway, but I'll keep a note of it in my spreadsheet at least.
No worries, and no need to keep a note of it.

by Togtdyalttai There was a wide range of scores in week 3, among them the first two triple-digit scores of the year, by New England Nitemare and ponchi101. Those two are now in the top two spots, whereas previous leader JTContinental is all the way down to 5th.

Scoreboard

by ponchi101 Scoreboard updated up to week 2 ;)

by Togtdyalttai
ponchi101 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:30 pm Scoreboard updated up to week 2 ;)
When I click on it it shows me week 3 as well.

by ponchi101 Buffer. Silly me ;)

by ponchi101 I am about to propose handicapping Nitemare. He was in second and opened a 13 point gap with the new second now, in one week.
He is also killing it in Fantasy. I am beginning to suspect he is in real life a Patriots' coach. Offensive line, or something like that.

by New England Nitemare
ponchi101 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:02 pm I am about to propose handicapping Nitemare. He was in second and opened a 13 point gap with the new second now, in one week.
He is also killing it in Fantasy. I am beginning to suspect he is in real life a Patriots' coach. Offensive line, or something like that.
Ha!! ponchi. Too funny :D It's a LONG season, these picks can be crazy from week to week. It's far from over.

by ponchi101 Dear all: notice how slickly NE Nitemare DID NOT deny my claim that he works for the real Pats.
Uhm....

by Togtdyalttai Scores were very much clustered in week 4, with New England Nitemare and patrick each reaching the high of 96. The low was 83, so not much changed in the leaderboard.

Scoreboard

by ponchi101 Nitemare has scored three straight weeks the highest score. AND he is leading the FF league too.
I demand a PED test!!!!! ;)

by Togtdyalttai
ponchi101 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:47 pm Nitemare has scored three straight weeks the highest score. AND he is leading the FF league too.
I demand a PED test!!!!! ;)
Patriots Employment Determination?

by Togtdyalttai Chalk on the real scoreboards led to high point totals on ours. Ptmcmahon and JazzNU notched the high scores for the year with 118, and no one was under 100 for the week.

Scoreboard

by Fastbackss That will be the highest for many weeks as bye weeks begin, so good job folks.

The max anyone can get this week is 105

by ponchi101 I had not think of that. So Nitemare has to screw up BIG time for any of us to catch up with him. Very doubtful.

by Fastbackss You're being too hard on yourself. (Besides it is only a few weeks at 14 games, then goes to 15, then back to 16 at end of season).

You have averaged 3.4 points per week less than the Nitemare.

This week has 77.2% of the points available. The expected gap, if maintaining the same ratio, would be 2.6 points less. If you did 2.6 points better than average, and he 2.6 points worse - you'd have taken out one third of the deficit.

by JazzNU Just for future reference, if I want to make a change to my picks after I've already posted them but before the deadline. Is that allowed and what is the preferred method? I'd have made 2 changes if I knew how, but figured I'd suck it up and ask this week since I'm not winning anything anyway. The Gruden situation made me want to bail on the Raiders and an injury to a key offensive player made me want to bail on another pick. Both would've been the correct move, so if someone can share the preferred way to go about doing this assuming it's allowed, I'd appreciate it.

by ponchi101 I will let Tog answer the rules of the game but, from the forum technical aspect.
You know you can edit your posts, and the edit will come with a time stamp, so Tog can verify. The little pencil allows you to edit.
Unless, after 9 months, I find out that you people can't edit your posts, which in that case, I will see how I can change that. That would be insane.

by ponchi101
Fastbackss wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:14 pm You're being too hard on yourself. (Besides it is only a few weeks at 14 games, then goes to 15, then back to 16 at end of season).

You have averaged 3.4 points per week less than the Nitemare.

This week has 77.2% of the points available. The expected gap, if maintaining the same ratio, would be 2.6 points less. If you did 2.6 points better than average, and he 2.6 points worse - you'd have taken out one third of the deficit.
It is just that he is playing very well.
And I'll admit it. For reasons that I can't understand, of all of our contests here, this one is one I really want to win. And I don't even know why.

by JazzNU
ponchi101 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:02 pm I will let Tog answer the rules of the game but, from the forum technical aspect.
You know you can edit your posts, and the edit will come with a time stamp, so Tog can verify. The little pencil allows you to edit.
Unless, after 9 months, I find out that you people can't edit your posts, which in that case, I will see how I can change that. That would be insane.
Yes I do know about the edit. Last week, I did something I rarely do (and won't be doing again regularly for this reason), I posted everything, including my Thursday pick in my post and I didn't think it was best to edit it for that reason. I thought about replying to my post and noting the change made but wasn't sure that was optimal, so just thought I'd wait and ask if I run into this again. But also, I'll probably just split the two from now on, but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask about a process. Not that I think a head coach will get embroiled in a scandal headed into a weekend on the regular, but injury news could change my mind in the future as it did this week when a player got placed on IR on a Saturday.

by Togtdyalttai You're welcome to either edit it or post another pick. However, I have a slight preference for editing because it makes it easier for me to copy/paste.

by Togtdyalttai Ponchi101 narrowed New England Nitemare's lead to just 4 points in week 6. Scores were still pretty high overall relative to the maximum number of points, despite a couple of upsets.

Scoreboard

by ponchi101 I'm such a worry wart...

by Togtdyalttai There was a wide range of scores in week 7, the widest this season by my metric*. On one end of the spectrum, JTContinental notched 78 out of the possible 91 points. On the other, fastbackss only managed 46.

Scoreboard

*standard deviation / possible points.

by ponchi101 That Baltimore game hurt a lot of us. Time to start paying attention to the Bengals. They are for real, this year.

by ptmcmahon I live in a house with multiple Bengals fans...I have no choice but the pay attention :)

by JazzNU
ptmcmahon wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:56 pm I live in a house with multiple Bengals fans...I have no choice but the pay attention :)
Really? In Canada? A bit surprising.

@ponchi, it's been apparent since last year that the Bengals would be rebounding quickly. But football media were gaga over Herbert in ways that started to get embarrassing and largely ignored Joe and then he got injured. But I did tell you before that the Ravens were the ones that had to worry about keeping pace with the Bills, not the other way around, because of the AFC North.

by ptmcmahon I assume my wife likes them because she's a cat person... not sure if any other good reason for her being a Bengals fan. Two of the kids like them because mommy does.

I claimed the oldest as a Packers fan though. She was born on (American) Thanksgiving and the first game that day Green Bay won. Have a picture of me holding her when she was 0 days old in front of a hospital TV with Brett being interviewed. :)

As for other people I know... of the say maybe 50-60 people who I can tell like a certain team I only know one other Bengals fan.

by ponchi101 How many points are we scoring this week? 30?

by New England Nitemare This had to be the worst week.....EVER. I think I got 6 right......UGH.

by ponchi101 Lots of upsets, and then some of the upsets that were "sort of" expected did not. I was hoping that the Lions would finally get a win, and got creamed. So did you.
You got 60, I got 62. Patrick, I think, won the week, as he did not go fancy and had Dallas and Pittsburg winning. He got 69. Let's wait for Tog to put the scores but this was misery.

by JazzNU Not a stellar week, but I don't think the scores are going to be that bad across the board. Pretty sure several of us are above 70.

by Togtdyalttai Fastbackss led with 88 in a week that didn't end up as badly as it looked at one point. JTContinental also helped to narrow the gap with the leaders, while New England Nitemare and Ponchi101 still have about a 30 point edge on the field.

Scoreboard

by ponchi101 I was looking at NE. But pretty good scores for everybody else. Nitemare and I were the stinkers ;)

by Fastbackss
ponchi101 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:44 pm Nitemare and I were the stinkers ;)
About time
:twisted:

by JTContinental Since we first started playing this, I have a nearly 100% track record of picking the wrong answer in any game involving the Colts.

by ponchi101 The one constant for me has been that there will always be one disastrous week that puts me out of contention. Last year was WC weekend. I hope this las week will teach me something.

by JazzNU Now this week? This week has the makings for some serious low scores. We all thought the Cowboys would probably get shut out by the Broncos and the Jaguars would be in the mix for a win by the 4th quarter over the Bills, right?

by Fastbackss :ax

by ponchi101 One advantage of being in Venezuela. Total power blackout yesterday, full 24 hours. So I saw no games, only to wake up today to see that mess.
maximum score I can get is 52.
Cowboys, Rams and Cincinnati. As soon as I said that the Bengals had to be taken seriously, 0-2. What a jinx.
(Fastbackss beat me to the reaper emoji).

by JazzNU
ponchi101 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:15 pm One advantage of being in Venezuela. Total power blackout yesterday, full 24 hours. So I saw no games, only to wake up today to see that mess.
maximum score I can get is 52.
Cowboys, Rams and Cincinnati. As soon as I said that the Bengals had to be taken seriously, 0-2. What a jinx.
(Fastbackss beat me to the reaper emoji).
52? Sounds like a dream to me. Pretty sure I'll be in the 30s or if I'm lucky the 40s.

And I can't even pretend like that's not somewhat of a relief. I had both Baltimore and Atlanta winning, so I'm well aware, my score could be even worse and seemed like it was going to be.

Hope everything is okay following the blackout.

by Togtdyalttai Scores were woefully low in week 9, with ptmcmahon's 56 being the high for the week. Even excluding my lone Indianapolis pick, the average was only 47% of the total points possible. That average has not been under 58% for the 8 previous weeks of the year.

Scoreboard

by JTContinental I'm actually shocked at how high my score was for this week

by ptmcmahon This week is starting like last week wound up!

by ponchi101 The trick now is going to be: which FOR SURE game is the one that will doom all of us?
That was an impressive defense by the Dolphins. Of course, goodbye 10-15 points, depending on your choice.

by ptmcmahon At this point we look at the picks and say... congrats to Tog for only giving Baltimore 9 confidence points :)

by patrick And Fastbackss for 7

by ponchi101 Totally brilliant

by ptmcmahon Hah, missed that since it was before the list of games :)

by Fastbackss :ax again with Arizona, Baltimore, and la rams losing...

by ponchi101 Truly no favorites in any conference. It is going to come down to somebody having the insight (and guts) to bet against a top team, and winning.

by ptmcmahon You forgot to mention Tampa and Pittsburgh, who many of us had double digit points on. Although at this point it can be hard to keep track of all the upsets at once.

by ponchi101 I got lucky that I saw that Rothlithberger (however you spell it) was out, and I had Pitt at a low score. But I had Tampa at 13, so yes, those two were also loses.

by Fastbackss You mean Rothenberg?

(Kidding - Big Ben doesn't have Twitter, so Neanderthals angry at a Steelers loss tweet at (tennis author) Ben Rothenberg and he tweets them)

by Togtdyalttai Did we think we couldn't do worse than last week? Well, we outdid ourselves. In week 10, only one contestant went over 50, fastbackss with 58. Ponchi101 inched up on New England Nitemare as well, making the lead the smallest it has been since NEN first took it in week 3.

Scoreboard

by ponchi101 Those pesky Chiefs...

by Fastbackss This league cracks me up.

I did my picks today and felt I had too many upsets. So of course the ones I changed ... are the ones that are (likely) going to come true based on the current scores

by ponchi101 And to keep the theme: Tennessee loses to THE TEXANS. Literally the #1 team Vs the last team in the AFC.

by Fastbackss Houston, Philly, Minnesota, Indy were all .500 or worse and won against teams that were above .500

(Doesn't include WFT who won as well)

by ponchi101 The Bills are starting to look like impostors. With this loss, the fall behind the Pats, so they may not be for real.
I picked the Bills over Indy, but Indy is legit.
Philly over NO? That was easy. NO stands for NO QB. They can't win with Seimian.
Houston is the absurd loss.

by ptmcmahon
ponchi101 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:16 pm And to keep the theme: Tennessee loses to THE TEXANS. Literally the #1 team Vs the last team in the AFC.
Hell for picking, but great for the entertainment of anyone able to beat anyone. Feels like this season more than any other and the top teams records back it up.

Favourite stat of the day was going into today no NFC team had won more than two in a row.

by ponchi101 Oh, for sure. And last night's game between PIT and LAC was very good. Was looking like a dud and then the Steelers came back and it was very entertaining.
And for the betting houses it must be great too. It truly is a 50% chance for every team, and when it is always 50%, the house usually wins more.

by JazzNU The only thing that is pissing me off this week is that basically all of you got bailed out on your ridiculously high Baltimore prediction numbers. Very annoying you weren't made to pay for that one.

by ponchi101 Sure, but whom else would you have given a high confidence? Sure, I dropped it a couple of spots after I saw Lamar wasn't playing, but then, trying to bring it further down, I just could not get myself to drop it any further. I even had Detroit over Cleveland until I saw the rookie QB was getting the nod. That went out. Then, Seattle vs Arizona, in Seattle, was a mess as Kyler was out, but Seattle has no running game to speak off and I really thought Russel would bounce back. Boink, he didn't.
I easily could have given 10 of the matchups a confidence rating of 3. Even Buffalo Vs Indy, which burnt me, I would have given it a confidence of 5, but there were so many other lousy picks I had to go with "AT HOME, with GOOD QB (Ha!) and the best defense in the league".

by Togtdyalttai We returned to a more reasonable average score in week 11, with Togtdyalttai and fastbackss leading the way with 88 and 87 points, respectively. The latter did well enough to pull within striking distance of the leaders New England Nitemare and Ponchi101.

Scoreboard

by ponchi101 Trick for the week: which top team (if there is anything like that) will fall, and how to spot it?
I see myself going down to 3 very soon.

by Fastbackss Really Dallas?

Here we go with this crap again where we all get annihilated

by ponchi101 Omess is the genius this week. He only put 3 points on Dallas.

by ponchi101 Another disastrous week. Although I felt it was going to be this way. I had at least 8 games in which I would have put a confidence vote of 4.

by Fastbackss
ponchi101 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:28 pm Trick for the week: which top team (if there is anything like that) will fall, and how to spot it?
I see myself going down to 3 very soon.
Nice reverse jinx good sir

by Togtdyalttai Week 12 saw the widest range of scores thus far this year (going by standard deviation / possible points), ranging from patrick's 36 to Togtdyalttai's 79. New England Nitemare has now built the lead back up to 17.

Scoreboard

by ponchi101 He is not going to be catchable until the playoffs, and then we will need some luck.

by JazzNU
ponchi101 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:53 pm He is not going to be catchable until the playoffs, and then we will need some luck.
Not sure why you say this. If your picks get a little better and his stay about where they've been, you'd chip away at his lead over the next 5 weeks for sure. The highest score this week is about 25 higher than yours, so theoretically you could've passed him even this last week.

by ponchi101
JazzNU wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:33 am ...

Not sure why you say this. If your picks get a little better and his stay about where they've been, you'd chip away at his lead over the next 5 weeks for sure. The highest score this week is about 25 higher than yours, so theoretically you could've passed him even this last week.
I say it mostly because of the bold part... ;)

by ponchi101 This week's dud: Minneapolis. Way to go, Detroit. First win :clap: :clap: :clap:
Nope. Dud of the week: Baltimore :cry:

by JazzNU Thrilled for both teams that won, so don't mind that I didn't get the pick right.

by ponchi101 I like Detroit. Pitt.... ah, can't :twisted:

by Togtdyalttai We moved back to pretty good scores in week 13, led by New England Nitemare and fastbackss with 76. The latter is threatening ponchi101's second place spot and is now only 1 point back of that.

Scoreboard

by ponchi101 So fastbackss ties me tonight because, of course, Dalvin Cook decides to play after all and rips the Steelers for 2 TD's and 1,000 yds in the first half.
Sole reason I picked was because Thielen and Cook were supposed not to play. I guess I have to check the Injury list closer to game time.

by Omess My Pittsburg didn’t go well :(

by ptmcmahon He was practicing Tuesday before any of us made our picks :P I know as I was already dreading it, facing him in a must win this week league because I ... tied... last week.

by ponchi101 I checked the Fantasy site and he was listed as Questionable. So sure, maybe he was going to play, but not 200 yds/2tds. But he did.
I gather this is the week of the year in which I have to gamble a little more.

by ptmcmahon Are we actually doing good this week? I've only lost two games so far, and it was my 1 and 4 point games.

by ponchi101 I think so. Almost no upsets; the one match that maybe you could call that was BAL losing to CLE.
Nitemare will pick a few more points of difference before the playoffs.

by ptmcmahon Yeah, Baltimore and Pittsburgh are my wrong picks. A lot of people picked Washington and Cincinnati too, so there were 3-4 tossups. But think everyone got at least 9-10 right. And all our high confidence picks seemed to win.

by Togtdyalttai Week 14 saw those at the top of the leaderboard score in a very tight clump: all of the top 4 were between 86 and 87. Ptmcmahon had the best score for the week with 92.

Scoreboard

by ptmcmahon Only get three games wrong, win the week ... and gain 5 points on the leader? :D Long ways back!

by Fastbackss Will the "due dates" adjust because of postponed games

by Togtdyalttai
Fastbackss wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:39 pm Will the "due dates" adjust because of postponed games
Yes, the due date for New England/Indianapolis is now tomorrow at 8:20 PM ET, and all others are Sunday at 1 PM ET.

by ponchi101 Arizona is this week's dud.
Only one of us picked them at 13, which right now looks like genius.

by ptmcmahon Sad when that's what qualifies as genius here :D

On the other side, seeing results like that make me feel less dumb for getting lots of games wrong. A team tied for best record in NFL losing to team with worst record in NFL. If that can happen...anything can.

by Fastbackss And then there's Tampa Bay getting shut out. All of us had that has a high points game.

I feel for whomever had TB12 as his/her QB in fantasy

by Togtdyalttai I keep thinking about how NBC showed a graphic at the beginning of the game that said the Bucs we're first in yards per game and first in points, and first in passing yards per game. Surprisingly enough, the only one that isn't still true is yards per game, and even in that they're a close second to Dallas.

by ponchi101
Fastbackss wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:31 pm And then there's Tampa Bay getting shut out. All of us had that has a high points game.

I feel for whomever had TB12 as his/her QB in fantasy
Don't be. TB12 is NE Nitemare's QB, but Nitemare also had Justin Herbet and he started him this week, because Nitemare is in real life, as I have said before, an NFL Assistant Coach. His draft was superb and his coaching even better.
(If he is not a real NFL Coach at a minimum he is college. His team is 12-2 this season ;) ).

by Fastbackss you think I would have noticed that given he is my opponent this week haha

by Togtdyalttai The top of the leaderboard moved in lockstep again in week 15. New England Nitemare, fastbackss, and omess all reached the high of 96 for the week, with two others within two points.

Scoreboard

by ponchi101 We were picking basically the same winners, and there were "few" upsets (Arizona and Tampa).
This week it looks a but more difficult. There are some really difficult to predict games down the line. Bills-Pats, Indy-Arizona, Jets-Jags. Maybe somebody can move (second place is a virtual tie).

by ptmcmahon Just to show there is no corelation between watching games and being able to pick them... I watched 13 games last week :) Yes I fast forwarded between plays and skipped quickly through bad finishes though... :) Anyway, despite watching a stupid amount of football...I was last by 12.

(and yes I know I was watching after I picked the games but you get the point :) )

by Fastbackss Traveling home for the holiday. Was "out of pocket" - get home at 1:10. look at covid news. Mutter profanities not befitting of the Christmas season

Today's early killer? Houston

by ponchi101 I think I have gotten like two correct games with the Chargers. They have killed me this year.

by Togtdyalttai New England Nitemare and Ponchi101 created some distance from the pack in Week 16, as fastbackss slipped off their pace. The gap between 2nd and 3rd is now almost as large as that between 1st and 2nd, and the roughly even spacing (of around 25 points) continues down to the gap between 4th and 5th place.

Scoreboard

by Togtdyalttai Week 17 was the second best scoring week for us as a unit this year (measured in points/possible points). JazzNU posted the highest score of the year with a sparkling 121. But New England Nitemare's lead has grown out to 40, and it will be hard for any of us to catch that .

Scoreboard

by ponchi101 I gambled on the fact that Pitt has the WORST defense against the run and the Browns have Nick Chubb.
But, of course, you decide to allow Mayfield to throw interceptions. So I lost that gamble.

by Fastbackss "Any given Sunday, but especially on the last Sunday of the regular season"

by ponchi101 This is how hard it is to catch up Nitemare:
We picked from 5 different matches in which we split picks. He has won 4, two in OT.
The fifth is on its way :cry:

by ptmcmahon Heh should’ve given more confidence in my Jacksonville pick I guess!

by Togtdyalttai JazzNU once again posted the highest score in week 18, but New England Nitemare also lengthened the lead going into the playoffs. Last year's playoff scoring will carry over to this year, so there's still a possibility of one of us catching up, though it will be difficult.

Scoreboard

by Omess Cincinnati wins !!! It was close at the end there

by Togtdyalttai Three of us, fastbackss, patrick, and Togtdyalttai, got all 6 of the games right, earning the maximum 135 points. That changed the leaderboard behind New England Nitemare, bringing Togtdyalttai and fastbackss into second and third. But NEN's lead remains at 31 points, which is very much unsafe at this point but not trivial. At the other end of the scoreboard, ptmcmahon lost 25 points. :ax

Scoreboard

by ponchi101 Exactly as like year, the WC weekend does me in.
I gather next week I need to go for the upsets. But by now I am way too far behind.

by JazzNU I forgot you could lose points. LOL! I'm not winning anything of course, but I probably shouldn't just pick my whims as much anymore.

by Fastbackss I feel like Ptc was trying to go for the upsets ponchi mentioned

by ponchi101 By now, those of us in the back have to go for upsets.
Last year I was in the lead, and I forget which team I picked as #1 in the WC round, and it lost. So that swung me from #1 to #4, because it was 30 points for the rest, but -30 for me.
I am not picking the Niners to upset the Pack, but I will have to pick at least two upsets and expect Nitemare and now the two more in front of me to do not pick them.
Although this week the matches are more even. I can see Cincy, the Rams and the Bills winning. Not saying they will, but it could happen.

by ptmcmahon
Fastbackss wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:31 am I feel like Ptc was trying to go for the upsets ponchi mentioned
Can confirm! I was way behind so had to take my upsets as my biggest picks last week.

by ponchi101 This is the weekend that can decide the contest, or flip it. Nitemare is going straight up with the favorites. JazzNu and I, for example, are going full upsets (JazzNu even more than I, as she is picking SF to win).
If she scores all those points, JazzNu, who missed one week of games, will be pretty much at the top.
If not: basically game over for us. We will drop way too much.

by JazzNU
ponchi101 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:46 pm This is the weekend that can decide the contest, or flip it. Nitemare is going straight up with the favorites. JazzNu and I, for example, are going full upsets (JazzNu even more than I, as she is picking SF to win).
If she scores all those points, JazzNu, who missed one week of games, will be pretty much at the top.
If not: basically game over for us. We will drop way too much.
I missed two weeks of games really, I didn't know there was any chance of being in the mix after the first miss, the second time I missed most of the games was near Christmas and just thought oh well, thinking it wouldn't make much of a difference. I have to remember to actually check the standings later in the season, not just the thread, I read the recaps posted, but not the standings many times. I thought I was out of it last year too and wasn't and took more risks than were necessary during the playoffs.

FWIW, I'm not picking to win the contest right now, since again, who knew? I went with who I think is winning, I'm not picking upsets to pick upsets.

by New England Nitemare It's going to be interesting. I went with all the favorites, but I don't feel confident about it. I think Cin/Tenn, Buff/KC and the Rams/TB are all tossups IMO. I feel good about GB, but then again who knows. It could be one of the most competitive conference semifinals that we have seen in a long time.

by ponchi101 After these two games:
Patrick: -60
Pt: 24
fastback: -36
Ponchi101: -36
jazznu: 12
Tog: -36
Omess: -12
Nitemare: -60

JazzNu and Pt were the sole two that got the GB/SF right.

by ptmcmahon I hate football. That is all. (Not contest related ;) )

by JazzNU
ptmcmahon wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:14 am I hate football. That is all. (Not contest related ;) )
I love it.

by New England Nitemare Jazz and Pt, kudos to both of you. I definitely didn't see that coming. Packers have been a virtual lock at home. SF's D really clamped down after giving up a TD on the opening drive and GB didn't score another TD after that. Amazing stuff. Unfortunately for me, this contest is slipping away from me.....UGH. I hate these playoff games so far, lol.

by ponchi101 I did know about Rodgers and his 0-3 record Vs the NIners, but I felt: Lambeau, and those streaks can't go on forever.
Serves me well.
And if the Rams beat the Bucs, it means the NIners at SoFi, where they have owned the Rams. Do you keep that streak going, or do you expect it to be broken? McVay seems unable to find answers for the Niners, and Garopolo only wins. That would be a tough choice.

by ptmcmahon
New England Nitemare wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:44 pm Jazz and Pt, kudos to both of you. I definitely didn't see that coming.
I didn’t see it coming either. At least not for first 55 minutes.

I’m not picking based on who I think will win anymore :)

by JazzNU Even if the Packers had won, people pontificating about Green Bay's greatness would've had to admit that the way they game played out without a single TD for Throw Rogan and 55 yards in the second half wasn't how they thought it was going to happen.

The Lambeau field stuff is overblown at this point. The media loves hyping it, but their record there in the last decade in the playoffs is average at best. They just don't want to mention it, they love the whole Lambeau lore. I'm sure it'll get some talk this week, but they'll forget it all by next season and start it all over again.

by Togtdyalttai Well that was quite the weekend of football. Ptmcmahon led the way for the week with a big fat 0. The rest of us were in the negative, with fastbackss going all the way down to -96 for the week. And with those results, Togtdyalttai moved into first after holding his losses to 24. Who dares pick again next week? :ax

Scoreboard

by ponchi101 Damn the NFL OT rules.
And the Bulls defense. :evil:

by ptmcmahon Calling Green Bay at home in playoffs average at best is even being generous. ;)

Of course a lot of those losses are a blocked punt, or an onside kick recovery away from being a win. Luck is much more important than home “advantage.”

But as we once again saw this week, home advantage is barely a thing anywhere’s anymore. Heck last year road teams had a winning record. We were very close to 4-4 for road teams.

But media have to play up the same stories they always have.

by ptmcmahon
Togtdyalttai wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:14 am Well that was quite the weekend of football. Ptmcmahon led the way for the week with a big fat 0.
I’m so proud of me!

by ptmcmahon (Duplicate post… where’d the delete button mobile go?)

by ptmcmahon
ponchi101 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:51 am Damn the NFL OT rules.
Like usual I’ll do the counterpoint. Buffalo lucky after giving up all those yards and points that they even got a chance to be in overtime. Don’t want to be stuck needing to win a coin flip? Play some defense :) If you are in overtime it means you couldn’t win it in the first 60.

And I say this as a fan who has been on wrong side of playoff overtime several times last couple of decades.

by ponchi101
ptmcmahon wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:40 am
ponchi101 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:51 am Damn the NFL OT rules.
Like usual I’ll do the counterpoint. Buffalo lucky after giving up all those yards and points that they even got a chance to be in overtime. Don’t want to be stuck needing to win a coin flip? Play some defense :) If you are in overtime it means you couldn’t win it in the first 60.

And I say this as a fan who has been on wrong side of playoff overtime several times last couple of decades.
And I only said it becasue if Buffalo had won, I would be in the lead :D

by ptmcmahon Ahh ok. As soon as KC scored I knew there would be tons of people on social media complaining about how awful overtime rule is.

The funniest thing though is seeing all the tweets from Chiefs and their fans two years ago when New England did the same to them.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 634070001/

by ponchi101 Seriously, I said it two years ago, when NE beat KC, and I really think it has to be revisited. That one team never even gets to have the ball in OT sounds very odd.
I know, the BUF defense, which ranked very high in the regular season, should have made that stop in regulation. But that Allen never got the chance to even try to tie it again may seem unfair, even to people that are not rooting for Buffalo.

by ptmcmahon Unless you have equal possessions (like college does) - people won't say it's fair. I'm just not sympathetic since the teams had 60 minutes to win the game without needing overtime. All Buffalo had to do was not let KC get a field goal with 13 seconds left (or make other stops earlier)...they do that and no coin toss needed. So I'm not upset about it.

And this is from someone who's team once lost in playoffs 5 times in 12 years - starting the season after the infamous Matt Hasselbeck "We want the ball and we're going to score" comment. Funny enough that game Green Bay offense also didn't get on the field ;)

by Togtdyalttai Cincinnati took their :ax to us yet again, and most of us were in the negative for the week. The exceptions were JazzNU and ptmcmahon, both of whom earned 30 points instead. The top of the leaderboard remains unchanged, but most of us are still alive for the medal going into the Super Bowl.

Scoreboard

by Togtdyalttai Six of us were brave enough to return to pick one more time for the Super Bowl. Four of those correctly picked the Rams to win. And as the leader from the previous round who was among those four, Togtdyalttai has won the 2021 TAT NFL Challenge.

Scoreboard

by Togtdyalttai My medal has been awarded? I don't know. I've never won a contest I hosted before.

by JazzNU Congrats Togtdyalttai!

by New England Nitemare Congrats Togtdyalttai! Nice job on winning the challenge this season!!

by ponchi101 Well done, Tog :clap::clap: :clap:
I went from 2nd to second to last, but I had to pick the Bengals to have a chance to beat you. It is a maddening contest.
Hope next year will be the lucky one.

by patrick
Togtdyalttai wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:02 am My medal has been awarded? I don't know. I've never won a contest I hosted before.
Yes, Togtdyalttai did send me a PM with the Rams as the winner

by ptmcmahon
Togtdyalttai wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:02 am My medal has been awarded? I don't know. I've never won a contest I hosted before.
Had no idea any of the football ones were for medals. If I had I would have tried harder and done even worse ! :) Congrats.

by Fastbackss Nice job Tog!

(And funny story - I sat yesterday and thought "I KNOW I forgot to submit an entry to one of the pools I am in." I now figured out which. For what it's worth I had the Rams lol)

by ponchi101
ptmcmahon wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:31 pm
Had no idea any of the football ones were for medals. If I had I would have tried harder and done even worse ! :) Congrats.
You can look at Tog's profile (or NE Nitemare) and see s small Lombardi trophy there. It is a WINNER'S ONLY trophy.