TENNIS PLAYERS (Off-Court Shenanigans)

Our main board to talk about our sport
JTContinental United States of America

Re: Tennis Players Random, Random 2.0

Post by JTContinental »

meganfernandez wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:12 pm
ponchi101 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:59 pm I liked her, she was kind of fun and funny, but I don't think she will be missed too much. Was very lucky that she was British; any player from, for example, Croatia (Petra Martic) or S. America with her credentials would have never reached anywhere close to the same level of fame and scrutiny, seeing her results.
As Megan says, very young and could come back in a couple of years, but she is a perfect fit for a career in sports commentating.
I am going to miss her off-court outfits.
I most definitely will not
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

You guys are hurting my brain with what you're posting in here.

Post by JazzNU »

meganfernandez wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:13 pm apparently Garbi's boyfriend, Arthur Borges, high up in Tom Ford, the men's designer label. Didn't know about this. Isn't someone here in charge of relationship updates?? :) First time I've seen her go public with someone.
This is their announcement as a couple. Given a healthy part of her fanbase will be a bit heartbroken, definitely better not to go public early on.

Not an engagement announcement FYI, just a couple announcement (if you read the Vanity Fair IG post it says in Spanish that they are happy and in love). She tagged the jeweler in her post, I wouldn't read more into that ring beyond that was one of the pieces chosen (which was a good choice imo).

Post by JazzNU »

Feliciano Lopez and wife Sandra Gago at the Vanity Fair event

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

So many comments in just a few hours that I had to leave home:
Retirement: players must, eventually really know whether they are or not Slam material. Once that happens. I gather an acceptance of tennis as a job and a craft must sink in. Remember all those that were certain slam champs (Tsonga, Gasquet, Berdych) and then never were. They have had very good careers, but not what was expected. So unretiring, for some, must be simply "let's go back to the office. Check how the gang is doing".
---0---
When Garbie dials the gorgeous up, she does it splendidly.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

ti-amie wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:22 pm I rarely applaud Steve Simon but

Surprising, specially in how swift this was. I am completely surprised that a CEO of a professional sports association has a spine.
And I second you, Ti. I only wish this would help Peng (or will).
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

I hope WTA move those tournaments to have another one n Taiwan and host some in the independent part of Tibet :)

----
I think in Spain (and Finland, where Muguruza's boyfriend appears to be from, although the name doesn't suggest it), the wedding ring is worn on the right hand, not sure about engagement rings.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Another sighting

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

mmmm8 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:20 am I hope WTA move those tournaments to have another one n Taiwan and host some in the independent part of Tibet :)

----
I think in Spain (and Finland, where Muguruza's boyfriend appears to be from, although the name doesn't suggest it), the wedding ring is worn on the right hand, not sure about engagement rings.
He has another last name, Seppälä. Perhaps his dad is Spanish and his mom is Finnish. He went to college in Spain.

Post by meganfernandez »

If they can't be portmanteau'd or nicknamed, it won't last. I don't think there's a good one. Opellkams, VeeRi, Twin Towers?
ti-amie wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:10 am Another sighting

mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

meganfernandez wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:55 am
mmmm8 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:20 am I hope WTA move those tournaments to have another one n Taiwan and host some in the independent part of Tibet :)

----
He has another last name, Seppälä. Perhaps his dad is Spanish and his mom is Finnish. He went to college in Spain.
I am embarassed I've learned enough to correct this. He did an Erasmus exchange program in Spain but his degrees are from Finland, according to his LinkedIn

Post by meganfernandez »

mmmm8 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:47 pm

----
I am embarrassed I've learned enough to correct this. He did an Erasmus exchange program in Spain but his degrees are from Finland, according to his LinkedIn
Was he a partier? Did he have the Che Guevara poster on his dorm-room wall? Keep it coming... :)
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

meganfernandez wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:11 pm

I am embarrassed I've learned enough to correct this. He did an Erasmus exchange program in Spain but his degrees are from Finland, according to his LinkedIn
Was he a partier? Did he have the Che Guevara poster on his dorm-room wall? Keep it coming... :)
I don't know that (maybe it was a Lordi poster! In an effort to prove my skills you made me go down a rabbit hole on a sommelier that I thought was maybe his brother but doesn't seem to be. But I now have a good wine bar in mind for my next stop in Helsinki!

Post by meganfernandez »

mmmm8 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:01 pm
meganfernandez wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:11 pm

I don't know that (maybe it was a Lordi poster! In an effort to prove my skills you made me go down a rabbit hole on a sommelier that I thought was maybe his brother but doesn't seem to be. But I now have a good wine bar in mind for my next stop in Helsinki!
Serendipity! Never know what will happen at that wine bar!