TENNIS PLAYERS (Off-Court Shenanigans)

Our main board to talk about our sport
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: Tennis Players Random, Random 2.0

Post by ti-amie »

Click on embedded link for video
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Assuming he is the guy in the yellow pants, that is pretty good skiing :clap: :clap: :clap:
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

ponchi101 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:19 pm And thinking more about it, Delpo and Serena.... ugh, I can't buy that comparison, Ashkor. Delpo has a bazooka of a FH, and a very good serve, but the rest does not match with Serena. He was never a great mover, and the BH was not a defining shot.
It is tough to find the ATP version of Serena. Even if, as I said, I would go with Roger
Yes, very hard to find an equivalent..@meganfernandez suggested Wawrinka..could be a better one
ashkor87 India

Post by ashkor87 »

meganfernandez wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:39 pm Have we discussed the Fruhvitrova sisters here before? Linda is 16 and Brenda is 14. The are Czech and they train at Mouratoglou. They just played each other in three consecutive ITF junior finals at the highest level. Linda won 2 and Brenda won 1. This tweet is from the R1 of last week's tournament, which Linda won.

Wow! That is awesome..thanks for sharing...
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

ponchi101 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:00 pm Assuming he is the guy in the yellow pants, that is pretty good skiing :clap: :clap: :clap:
He was a competitive skier before he chose time full-time, right? He had to choose between skiing and tennis.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Sincerely, if I were his coach, I would hide his skis. Even if you are pretty good skiing can lead to some bad injuries if you fall. He was going down a groomed slope, but anything other than that, I would avoid (if I were him) until after retirement.
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:20 pm Sincerely, if I were his coach, I would hide his skis. Even if you are pretty good skiing can lead to some bad injuries if you fall. He was going down a groomed slope, but anything other than that, I would avoid (if I were him) until after retirement.
Definitely a risk.
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

Jannik was grew up in a town filled with ski resorts and his parents worked at one of them. He was a competitive skiier when he was younger. Yeah, he's going to ski.

It's a risk sure, but something he loves. And having an issue with Jannik skiing but no issue with various other extracurriculars that can cause injury seems odd to me, many of them get applauded. I don't remember anyone on here telling Novak to stop skiing.
dmforever

Post by dmforever »

JazzNU wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:58 pm Jannik was grew up in a town filled with ski resorts and his parents worked at one of them. He was a competitive skiier when he was younger. Yeah, he's going to ski.

It's a risk sure, but something he loves. And having an issue with Jannik skiing but no issue with various other extracurriculars that can cause injury seems odd to me, many of them get applauded. I don't remember anyone on here telling Novak to stop skiing.
I'm guessing most people here wouldn't care if Novak hurt himself. I didn't know he skied. :)

Kevin

Post by JazzNU »

dmforever wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:21 pm
JazzNU wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:58 pm Jannik was grew up in a town filled with ski resorts and his parents worked at one of them. He was a competitive skiier when he was younger. Yeah, he's going to ski.

I'm guessing most people here wouldn't care if Novak hurt himself. I didn't know he skied. :)

Kevin
He loves it. Takes the kids too. He's posted videos of himself on the slopes in the past, I think they're mostly in his Stories though. If you see Jannik's post on IG, he's one of the top comments. Similarly grew up around skiing and considered it over tennis.

And while it's true that Nole's well-being is not a big concern of mine these days, I've never wished injury on him. I just want him to stop being an angry jackass.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

I said if I were his coach. If I were his buddy, I would be asking him to go down a black slope and teach me a bit.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

You have to look closely but Martina and her wife will be part of the RHOM

https://twitter.com/RankedReal/status/1 ... 67559?s=20
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

:cry:
No, Martina! It is basically prostitution of a reputation.

Post by JazzNU »

RHOM was a mess before I assume it'll be one again. I'm surprised the wife is a real housewife and not a friend of, that was the rumor and seemed more in line with what Martina would be okay with.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »