Ghislaine Maxwell Trial

News and commentary on trials, the law, and expert opinions about legal systems
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: Ghislaine Maxwell Trial

Post by ti-amie »

Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports

After the proceedings regarding this note, Maxwell's lawyer Bobbi Sternheim appeared to be smiling ear to ear in a conversation with someone in the front of the gallery.

Maxwell also appeared to be more upbeat than when she entered.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

A slightly different perspective from @innercitypress
Now 4:06 pm - Judge Nathan: I have received a note. The jurors say they want to end today at 5 pm, deliberate tomorrow from 9 to 4:30 & have lunch at noon. [And if not decision by the end of Dec 22?] Judge Nathan: It is possible for them to deliberate on Thursday

Maxwell's lawyer Sternheim: Will you offer then Thursday, so they can make arrangement? Judge Nathan: We could tell them that. [If memory serves, the defense did not want the deliberations to take place under the deadline of Christmas. Now, they seem to like it

Update of 4:30 pm - Jury has another note / question: Can we consider Annie's testimony conspiracy to commit a crime in Counts 1 and 3? AUSA: Say yes.

Maxwell's lawyer: If someone asks, can I drive, you could answer, Yes but within the speed limit. Judge Nathan: I'm going to answer, Yes you may. Please been back at 4:55 so we can let the jurors go at 5 pm.
http://www.innercitypress.com/sdnytrial ... 22121.html

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Inner City Press
@innercitypress
·
8m
OK - in US v. #GhislaineMaxwell jury deliberation, Judge Nathan just took the bench after 6+ hours. She says she will send in a note asking the jurors if they want to come in and deliberate more tomorrow Dec 23. Inner City Press will live tweet - thread below

Ghislaine Maxwell has been brought out to the courtroom and is sitting at the defense table. Her official lawyer Bobbi Sternheim is back speaking to the front row of the gallery - where Leah Saffian is

Jury has a note: "May we please have the following testimonies in a binder: Kate. Jane ["something else written next to it," Judge Nathan says, "I don't know if they are asking for another copy"]

Judge Nathan says something has been crossed out on the note. Lawyers laugh.
Judge Nathan: I guess they are asking for another copy [of Jane]. Also, they want Kate & Juan" [Alessi]
Judge Nathan: I believe the response [about deliberating tomorrow Dec 23] is coming

Judge Nathan: The response [on deliberating tomorrow] is No, thank you.
[So it will break for four days - caused by earlier three day break? Stories later.]

Judge Nathan: So I'll see everyone at 4:25 [the jury wants to leave at 4:30, and not deliberate tomorrow]

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
·
5m
Remember when jurors wanted transcripts of every Ghislaine Maxwell accuser BUT “Kate”?

Now, they want the testimony of “Kate” and Juan [Alessi, presumably].

They also want “Jane’s” transcript again—this time, in a three-ring binder.

Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

Just now catching up on this, since I was out of town for the last 2 pages. Are they deliberating this week?

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Fastbackss wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:52 pm Just now catching up on this, since I was out of town for the last 2 pages. Are they deliberating this week?
Yes. I'm behind on updating this thread.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Inner City Press
@innercitypress

The #MaxwellTrial jury question that Judge Nathan called incomprehensible was, If we find that the defendant aided in the transportation of Jane's return flight from NM, but not her flight TO NM... can we find her guilty of the 2d element of Count 4? 1/x

Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

ti-amie wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:13 pm
Fastbackss wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:52 pm Just now catching up on this, since I was out of town for the last 2 pages. Are they deliberating this week?
Yes. I'm behind on updating this thread.
I didn't mean for pressure; I was just curious. Thank you!

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

JMHO

Either they're fighting with an idiot or they're being super careful.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Aaron Parnas
@AaronParnas

Replying to @KlasfeldReports
They are recreating the entire trial in that jury room. I actually don’t think there’s an issue with a holdout, I think they are just being very methodical.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

ti-amie wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:52 pm JMHO

Either they're fighting with an idiot or they're being super careful.
They're probably being super careful because of an idiot.