Tennis on TV 2022

Our main board to talk about our sport
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: Tennis on TV 2022

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

At last! Because this was SO needed...
Not.
I wonder what spin it would have. Because Becker was at the top of the world in 1985, and see where he ended.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:15 pm At last! Because this was SO needed...
Not.
I wonder what spin it would have. Because Becker was at the top of the world in 1985, and see where he ended.
I see Becker as a cautionary tale. Everyone comes into the elite of sports saying "not me" but sometimes they get lost along the way. That's what happened to him.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

ti-amie wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:15 pm
ponchi101 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:15 pm At last! Because this was SO needed...
Not.
I see Becker as a cautionary tale. Everyone comes into the elite of sports saying "not me" but sometimes they get lost along the way. That's what happened to him.
I don't see his story so much as a cautionary tale... I think it's quite exceptional.
It's not something that can happen to anyone in his position. It requires an extremely high degree of arrogance - and quite a lot of stupidity, as well - to get into the messes that he's gotten himself into.
And the majority don't possess the combination of that level of arrogance and stupidity.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

That's why his story is a cautionary tale. The level of arrogance displayed coupled with stupidity and feeling above the laws that govern mere mortals should be shown for what it is and where it lands you. He was protected by a lot of people until he wasn't.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »