Our main board to talk about our sport
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Tennis on TV 2022

Post by ti-amie »

2022 Week 1
Same year....new tennis!
Tennis Watchers

Welcome to the 2022 Tennis Season! The calendar may still read 2021, but tennis is filing its New Year's Resolutions early with tournaments kicking off starting late on 12/31! We’ve got three tournaments to kick off the year with ATP Cup, Melbourne and Adelaide. Melbourne and Adelaide are joint WTA/ATP events.

Coverage for this year looks like last year with Tennis Channel being the primary location for TV coverage, with TC Plus and Tennis TV the home for streaming.

As with all of our down under tournaments, the order of play will typically kick off early evening here in the states and run through the night. Replays will then air the following day.

You can check out the guide below! Enjoy your New Year's Eve, and enjoy some tennis!

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
dmforever

Re: Tennis on TV 2022

Post by dmforever »

I'm in the US and I have TC and ESPN. There was only a few hours of coverage yesterday and I don't see any today. Maybe later? I feel like I'm back in the 70's. Am I missing something?

Kevin
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

dmforever wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:39 am I'm in the US and I have TC and ESPN. There was only a few hours of coverage yesterday and I don't see any today. Maybe later? I feel like I'm back in the 70's. Am I missing something?

Kevin

Check this thread for the AO schedule, there are major changes in TV scheduling. In terms of today, I said it in the daily AO thread, but there's an NFL playoff game tonight, you won't get any tennis until that game has concluded.

viewtopic.php?t=691
dmforever

Post by dmforever »

JazzNU wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:42 am
dmforever wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:39 am I'm in the US and I have TC and ESPN. There was only a few hours of coverage yesterday and I don't see any today. Maybe later? I feel like I'm back in the 70's. Am I missing something?

Kevin

Check this thread for the AO schedule, there are major changes in TV scheduling. In terms of today, I said it in the daily AO thread, but there's an NFL playoff game tonight, you won't get any tennis until that game has concluded.

viewtopic.php?t=691

Thanks very much.

Kevin
atlpam United States of America

Post by atlpam »

Signed up for a trial of Sling for a month to get TC and ESPN3. We also have ESPN+ so there’s been pretty good selection of matches to watch.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

2022 Week 5
From down under to all over the world

How is everyone holding up?! After a long two weeks of late night, down under tennis we have crowned the 2022 Champions! We are set to return to the tour this week with three ATP events on the schedule in Cordoba, Pune, and Montpellier.

Coverage for the week will also return to Tennis Channel, with both Pune and Montpellier on air and on TC Plus. It looks like Cordoba will be on TC Plus for streaming.

Hopefully everyone can take a breath and recover from two wild weeks of major tennis because the tour keeps moving forward! You check out the full guide below, and enjoy the tennis!

He didn't post anything for Cordoba.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Post by JazzNU »

Suggestion- Cancel your ESPN+ Subscription now. You'll still have it for the rest of the month, but if you do it now, you won't be in any danger of it auto renewing when it's not on your mind as much.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

TennisTV (subscription) is streaming Cordoba using the local stream in Spanish.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

2022 Week 6
WTA Returns...JDP says goodbye?

Welcome to a busy week in the tennis calendar, Tennis Watchers. We have four tournaments on the schedule with the ATP in Rotterdam, Dallas, and Buenos Aires. The WTA will also return to action in St. Petersburg. Buenos Aires also marks the return of Juan Martin del Potro to action, who has referenced in his pre-tournament presser his appearances in Buenos Aires and next week's Rio open may be his last tournaments on tour. So, it may watch tennis these coming weeks.

Coverage for week will be on Tennis Channel and streaming on TC Plus and Tennis TV. In addition, Rotterdam’s YouTube channel will stream qualifying and the wheelchair tournament. Coverage on Tennis Channel will follow the Center Court model wherein there will be long coverage blocks and Tennis Channel will jump between matches and tournaments. Rotterdam and St. Petersburg will be the early morning matches with Buenos Aires and Dallas in the afternoon.

You can check out the full guide below! Enjoy the tennis!

https://tenniswatchers.substack.com/p/2 ... 77tAUqxtM8

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

2022 Week 8

Tennis All Day and All Night

It is another packed week on the tennis calendar with five tournaments on tap. The WTA has already kicked things off with the 1000 event in Doha, and action in Guadalajara will kick off Monday. The ATP will pick up where the WTA left off with its 500-level event Dubai as well as action in Acapulco and Santiago.

Coverage will continue to follow the same pattern with Tennis Channel airing live matches and Tennis Channel Plus and Tennis TV streaming matches. As usual when tournaments are spread across multiple time zones, the coverage block will start early morning and last all throughout the day. With that, replays on Tennis Channel will be occurring late at night into the following morning.

It is going to be a full week of live tennis all day. Set those DVRs and enjoy the tennis!

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

2022 Week 9
March coming in like a Lyon

Tennis Watchers
Feb 27

After two weeks of jam packed tennis schedules, this week will feel a little lighter with two WTA tournaments and Davis Cup on tap. While there is only two WTA tournaments, given they are in Lyon, France, and Monterrey, Mexico, it does mean we get live tennis all day! Davis Cup will then air starting Friday and throughout the weekend.

Coverage will follow the typical format, with Tennis Channel airing the WTA tournaments, and the USA Davis Cup Tie. TC Plus will also stream the WTA matches, while you can live stream Davis Cups ties via its website.

Hope you all have a good week, and enjoy some tennis!

Post by JazzNU »

Also posted in the BNP thread. Check here if you struggle to find who is carrying the tournament in your country. The first page is for the US, there is a separate page with a long list of international carriers. I'm posting the link to the international broadcasters page below as well.

Intl Broadcast Listing - https://bnpparibasopen.com/score-center ... broadcast/

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

2022 Week 10-11
Make it a (sunshine) double!

Tennis Watchers

Springtime tennis returns to the desert this week with Indian Wells kicking off! The 2022 edition will be the first time since 2019 the tournament is held in its normal March time slot (it was held in the fall for 2021). The 1000 level event if a joint ATP and WTA event as well.

Tennis Channel will have first to last ball coverage once again this year. TC Plus will also stream matches, and Tennis TV will have ATP matches. You can check out the full guide below, and enjoy the tennis!

meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

From what I coudl tell, IW qualifying wasn't available anywhere - Tennis TV, WTA streaming, IW streaming, Tennis Channel, ESPN... nothing. Maybe Amazon Prime in the UK. And I didn't check TC International. But seriously...

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »