by ti-amie 2022 Week 1
Same year....new tennis!
Tennis Watchers

Welcome to the 2022 Tennis Season! The calendar may still read 2021, but tennis is filing its New Year's Resolutions early with tournaments kicking off starting late on 12/31! We’ve got three tournaments to kick off the year with ATP Cup, Melbourne and Adelaide. Melbourne and Adelaide are joint WTA/ATP events.

Coverage for this year looks like last year with Tennis Channel being the primary location for TV coverage, with TC Plus and Tennis TV the home for streaming.

As with all of our down under tournaments, the order of play will typically kick off early evening here in the states and run through the night. Replays will then air the following day.

You can check out the guide below! Enjoy your New Year's Eve, and enjoy some tennis!

by dmforever I'm in the US and I have TC and ESPN. There was only a few hours of coverage yesterday and I don't see any today. Maybe later? I feel like I'm back in the 70's. Am I missing something?

Kevin

by JazzNU
dmforever wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:39 am I'm in the US and I have TC and ESPN. There was only a few hours of coverage yesterday and I don't see any today. Maybe later? I feel like I'm back in the 70's. Am I missing something?

Kevin

Check this thread for the AO schedule, there are major changes in TV scheduling. In terms of today, I said it in the daily AO thread, but there's an NFL playoff game tonight, you won't get any tennis until that game has concluded.

viewtopic.php?t=691

by dmforever
JazzNU wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:42 am
dmforever wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:39 am I'm in the US and I have TC and ESPN. There was only a few hours of coverage yesterday and I don't see any today. Maybe later? I feel like I'm back in the 70's. Am I missing something?

Kevin

Check this thread for the AO schedule, there are major changes in TV scheduling. In terms of today, I said it in the daily AO thread, but there's an NFL playoff game tonight, you won't get any tennis until that game has concluded.

viewtopic.php?t=691

Thanks very much.

Kevin

by atlpam Signed up for a trial of Sling for a month to get TC and ESPN3. We also have ESPN+ so there’s been pretty good selection of matches to watch.

by ti-amie 2022 Week 5
From down under to all over the world

How is everyone holding up?! After a long two weeks of late night, down under tennis we have crowned the 2022 Champions! We are set to return to the tour this week with three ATP events on the schedule in Cordoba, Pune, and Montpellier.

Coverage for the week will also return to Tennis Channel, with both Pune and Montpellier on air and on TC Plus. It looks like Cordoba will be on TC Plus for streaming.

Hopefully everyone can take a breath and recover from two wild weeks of major tennis because the tour keeps moving forward! You check out the full guide below, and enjoy the tennis!

He didn't post anything for Cordoba.

by JazzNU Suggestion- Cancel your ESPN+ Subscription now. You'll still have it for the rest of the month, but if you do it now, you won't be in any danger of it auto renewing when it's not on your mind as much.

by ti-amie TennisTV (subscription) is streaming Cordoba using the local stream in Spanish.

by ti-amie 2022 Week 6
WTA Returns...JDP says goodbye?

Welcome to a busy week in the tennis calendar, Tennis Watchers. We have four tournaments on the schedule with the ATP in Rotterdam, Dallas, and Buenos Aires. The WTA will also return to action in St. Petersburg. Buenos Aires also marks the return of Juan Martin del Potro to action, who has referenced in his pre-tournament presser his appearances in Buenos Aires and next week's Rio open may be his last tournaments on tour. So, it may watch tennis these coming weeks.

Coverage for week will be on Tennis Channel and streaming on TC Plus and Tennis TV. In addition, Rotterdam’s YouTube channel will stream qualifying and the wheelchair tournament. Coverage on Tennis Channel will follow the Center Court model wherein there will be long coverage blocks and Tennis Channel will jump between matches and tournaments. Rotterdam and St. Petersburg will be the early morning matches with Buenos Aires and Dallas in the afternoon.

You can check out the full guide below! Enjoy the tennis!

https://tenniswatchers.substack.com/p/2 ... 77tAUqxtM8

by ti-amie 2022 Week 8

Tennis All Day and All Night

It is another packed week on the tennis calendar with five tournaments on tap. The WTA has already kicked things off with the 1000 event in Doha, and action in Guadalajara will kick off Monday. The ATP will pick up where the WTA left off with its 500-level event Dubai as well as action in Acapulco and Santiago.

Coverage will continue to follow the same pattern with Tennis Channel airing live matches and Tennis Channel Plus and Tennis TV streaming matches. As usual when tournaments are spread across multiple time zones, the coverage block will start early morning and last all throughout the day. With that, replays on Tennis Channel will be occurring late at night into the following morning.

It is going to be a full week of live tennis all day. Set those DVRs and enjoy the tennis!

by ti-amie 2022 Week 9
March coming in like a Lyon

Tennis Watchers
Feb 27

After two weeks of jam packed tennis schedules, this week will feel a little lighter with two WTA tournaments and Davis Cup on tap. While there is only two WTA tournaments, given they are in Lyon, France, and Monterrey, Mexico, it does mean we get live tennis all day! Davis Cup will then air starting Friday and throughout the weekend.

Coverage will follow the typical format, with Tennis Channel airing the WTA tournaments, and the USA Davis Cup Tie. TC Plus will also stream the WTA matches, while you can live stream Davis Cups ties via its website.

Hope you all have a good week, and enjoy some tennis!

by JazzNU Also posted in the BNP thread. Check here if you struggle to find who is carrying the tournament in your country. The first page is for the US, there is a separate page with a long list of international carriers. I'm posting the link to the international broadcasters page below as well.

Intl Broadcast Listing - https://bnpparibasopen.com/score-center ... broadcast/

by ti-amie 2022 Week 10-11
Make it a (sunshine) double!

Tennis Watchers

Springtime tennis returns to the desert this week with Indian Wells kicking off! The 2022 edition will be the first time since 2019 the tournament is held in its normal March time slot (it was held in the fall for 2021). The 1000 level event if a joint ATP and WTA event as well.

Tennis Channel will have first to last ball coverage once again this year. TC Plus will also stream matches, and Tennis TV will have ATP matches. You can check out the full guide below, and enjoy the tennis!

by meganfernandez From what I coudl tell, IW qualifying wasn't available anywhere - Tennis TV, WTA streaming, IW streaming, Tennis Channel, ESPN... nothing. Maybe Amazon Prime in the UK. And I didn't check TC International. But seriously...

by ti-amie

by ti-amie 2022 TV Schedule
MARCH 20, 2022|BY MIAMI OPEN

The 2022 Miami Open presented by Itaú will have round-the-clock coverage on Tennis Channel, beginning Tuesday, March 22 at 11am. Live coverage for seven consecutive days will start at 11am and run until 11pm.

Starting on Tuesday, March 29, Tennis Channel will air all live quarterfinal and semifinal action, as well as re-airs of earlier matches. Live finals coverage begins on Saturday, April 2 at 1pm with the women’s singles final followed by the men’s doubles final and concludes on Sunday, April 3 with the men’s singles final and women’s doubles final at 1pm.

Throughout the tournament, Tennis Channel will provide coverage to start and close each day from Tennis Channel Live at the Miami Open.

For fans who want a first-hand experience of the Miami Open presented by Itaú, tickets can be purchased online at miamiopen.com/tickets

The 2022 tournament schedule and daily order of play is visible at miamiopen.com/tournament/schedule

Live TV Coverage Schedule

Tuesday, March 22
11:00am – WTA 1st Round
7:00pm – Tennis Channel Live at the Miami Open

Wednesday, March 23
11:00am – ATP, WTA 1st Round
11:00pm – Tennis Channel Live at the Miami Open

Thursday, March 24
11:00am – ATP 1st Round, WTA 2nd Round

Friday, March 25
11:00am – ATP, WTA 2nd Round

Saturday, March 26
11:00am – ATP 2nd Round, WTA 3rd Round

Sunday, March 27
11:00am – ATP, WTA 3rd Round

Monday, March 28
11:00am – ATP 3rd Round, WTA Round of 16

Tuesday, March 29
11:00am – ATP Round of 16, WTA Quarterfinal 1 & 2

Wednesday, March 30
1:00pm – ATP Quarterfinal 1, WTA Quarterfinal 3
7:00pm – ATP Quarterfinal 2, WTA Quarterfinal 4

Thursday, March 31
1:00pm – ATP Quarterfinal 3, WTA Semifinal 1
7:00pm – ATP Quarterfinal 4, WTA Semifinal 2

Friday, April 1
1:00pm – ATP Semifinal 1, WTA Doubles Semifinal 1
7:00pm – ATP Semifinal 2, WTA Doubles Semifinal 2

Saturday, April 2
1:00pm – WTA Singles Final
3:00pm – Tennis Channel Live at the Miami Open
3:30pm – ATP Doubles Final

Sunday, April 3
1:00pm – ATP Singles Final, WTA Doubles Final
5:00pm – Tennis Channel Live at the Miami Open

by ti-amie 2022 Week 14
Kickin' Up Some Clay

Time to recover from those sunshine double sunburns (unless you’re Iga Swiatek who only needs to recover from holding all these trophies), and get ready to start cleaning up on the clay! We officially transition to the clay season this week with four tournaments to getting us started. The WTA will hold its 500 event in Charleston as well as a 250 in Bogota, while the ATP will return to Houston and Marrakech with a 250 clay court event in each location.

Coverage for Charleston will be on Tennis Channel and TC Plus, while Bogota will be streamed on TC Plus. Houston will be streamed on ESPN 3 (requires ESPN cable log in) and TennisTV, and Marrakech will also be on Tennis TV. Note there does appear to be a live Center Court coverage block 6:00am Thursday so there may be some Marrakech matches aired on Tennis Channel. You can check out the full guide below and enjoy some clay court tennis!

by ti-amie 2022 Week 15
Tennis with a view

Tennis Watchers

We return to one of the most scenic tennis tournaments on the tour this week: Monte Carlo. The ATP 1000 tournament will kick off early Sunday morning and run throughout the week. On the WTA side of the tour, the Billie Jean King Cup will be featured starting Friday.

Coverage for both events will be on Tennis Channel, with streaming on Tennis TV and TC Plus. You can check out the full guide below. Enjoy the tennis!

by ti-amie 2022 Week 16
You get a Porsche, and you get a Porsche!

Tennis Watchers

It is a busy week on tour this week as the clay season has hit its full slide. We’ve got four tournaments on the docket for this week with the WTA in Istanbul and the fan favorite Stuttgart. The ATP will head to Barcelona and Belgrade.

Coverage for this week will be on Tennis Channel, with streaming on TC Plus and Tennis TV (ATP). Given the overlapping time zones, Tennis Channel will use its Center Court Coverage where they will jump around between tournaments throughout the morning hours, with afternoon and evening replays.

You can check out the full guide below, and as always enjoy the tennis!

by ti-amie 2022 Week 17-18
Hoping April Showers don't bring May Rain Delay

We will have three tournaments on the schedule this week with the ATP returning to Estoril and Munich, and the WTA kicking off things in Madrid. This week also was the launch of a joint ATP/WTA Live scores app. You can check it out for Apple and Android In addition to the new app, tennis fans have also had positive feedback on TNNS Live which has been filling the gap since the departure of the previous joint ATP/WTA scoring app.

As for the tennis this week, Tennis Channel will once again air all tournaments, starting with Estoril and Munich for the first half of the week. Madrid will then kick off on 4/28 starting with the WTA, and the ATP will begin in week two.

You can check out the full guide below but note coverage for week two may change so be sure to check back for updates!

Enjoy the tennis!

by ponchi101 So. ESPN down here is showing, of course, Schwartzman/Giron. And Clerc says: "What a match Dimitrov and Tsitsipas are playing. What a tremendous match!"
Which they are not showing by choice. These people are incredible.

by ti-amie 2022 Week 20
In like a Rabat out like a Lyon

Tennis Watchers

After back-to-back 1000 level tournaments for both the WTA and ATP, the tour now moves to its final preparations for the second major of the year: Roland Garros. There are four tournaments on tap for players to fine tune their games with the ATP in Geneva and Lyon and the WTA returning to Rabat for the first time since 2019, and also playing in Strasbourg. In addition, qualifying for Roland Garros will also kick off this week.

Coverage will look similar with Tennis Channel and TC Plus/Tennis TV your place to be to catch all the action. Matches will start early morning and run throughout the day with Tennis Channel jumping between tournaments on its main channel.

You can check out the full guide below, and as always enjoy the tennis!

by ponchi101 For those that at times complain of TC and other US tv channels.
ESPN just cut off transmitting ANY tennis, right at 3-2, Zverev in the first set. Why? Because they have to show football.
4 channels. Three are showing FA Premier matches, the 4th is showing the Italian league. Because, you know, screw tennis.
No wonder I hate football.

by JazzNU
ponchi101 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:29 pm For those that at times complain of TC and other US tv channels.
ESPN just cut off transmitting ANY tennis, right at 3-2, Zverev in the first set. Why? Because they have to show football.
4 channels. Three are showing FA Premier matches, the 4th is showing the Italian league. Because, you know, screw tennis.
No wonder I hate football.
What was on the schedule? They don't have to set a schedule and at least somewhat stick to it? Or was the Zverev match extra coverage and so they felt okay cutting it off? The way they treat tennis there is quite interesting.

by ponchi101 Nah, they just programmed a few early hours, because football is king and queen here in S. America. I have to admit that they do this because that is what people watch.
But, cmon, you have 4 channels. At least show tennis in one. It is not as if this is the Walla Walla Invitational. This is a GS.

by ti-amie 2022 Week 24
Sweeping clay to mowing grass

Tennis Watchers
Jun 5
After two wild weeks and two new singles champs crowned, tennis is making the switch from the clay to the grass. We’ve got three tournaments on the docket this week with the WTA in Nottingham, the ATP in Stuttgart and a joint event in s-Hertogenbosch. Of note, the ATP Stuttgart event is being held for the first year after previously being a clay court event.

Coverage returns to Tennis Channel, TC Plus, and Tennis TV as well. Tennis Channel will air and stream Nottingham and s-Hertogenbosch, while Stuttgart will be on Tennis TV.

You can check out the full guide below!

by jazzyg Stuttgart has been on grass since 2015.

by ti-amie 2022 Week 24

Saying Hello to Halle!

Tennis Watchers
Jun 12

The grass season is in full swing with four tournaments on tap this week. The ATP will have tournaments in London and Halle, and the WTA will set up shop in Birmingham and Berlin.

Coverage for this week will continue to be on Tennis Channel and Tennis TV with all tournaments taking place on the Centre Court coverage block. As a result, Tennis Channel will jump around between matches on its main channel, with streaming options on TC Plus. Tennis TV will also stream both ATP events.

Check out the full guide below and enjoy the week!

by ti-amie 2022 Week 25
Return of a GOAT

We may have just gotten the clay out of our socks, but the years third major is already right around the corner. Wimbledon qualifying will kick off Monday and main draw action the following the week. Before we break out the strawberries and cream though, we’ve got a few more grass tournaments to get prepped for! There are three events this week, with the ATP and WTA kicking things off in Eastbourne. Eastbourne is also hosting the comeback of Serena Williams who has not played since Wimbledon 2021.

In addition, the ATP will have a tournament in Mallorca and the WTA in Bad Homburg. Coverage for all three events will be on Tennis Channel, TC Plus and TennisTV. Wimbledon Qualifying will also kick off Monday, with streaming on ESPN+ You can check out the full guide below!

by ti-amie Tennis Watchers

2022 Week 28
Hey...is that more clay?

After two wild Wimbledon weeks, we return to the tour with four events on tap this week. Not only are we heading back to the tour, we are also heading back to clay. Three out of the four events this week will be back on the dirt.

Coverage for the week will return to Tennis Channel, TC Plus and Tennis TV. Matches on Tennis Channel will be shown via the Center Court coverage block so they will jump around between multiple tournaments throughout the day. You can check out the full guide below and enjoy the tennis!

https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/w_1 ... 08x528.png

by ponchi101 But it has been that way for a long time. The mini Summer-Clay-Circuit has been going on for decades, and it has been very favored by all the European players that lost on grass early at W.

by Cuckoo4Coco Woo Hoo , starting bright and early at 5 a.m. in the morning. :lol:

by Fastbackss Usually monthly there is a sports business podcast with David samson (former team president of Marlins) and John Skipper (former ESPN president and now head of Meadowlark media). I was listening to an episode* and there was a bit of a throwaway line that got my attention.

They were bantering about the 10year 2.5B deal apple got for MLS and whether it was "big."

Skipper argued it was big and eyepopping because of the duration. 3 years wasn't as impressive as the 10 year. He added "rights deals are expensive on the front end and inexpensive on the back end."

When pressed if 250M would have been big in his days at ESPN - he said "absolutely - you can get the 4 majors of tennis for that."

*June 23rd local hour of Dan LeBatard show if you want to listen and avoid my transcription and potentially skewed context

by ti-amie 2022 Week 29
A Midsummer Clay Season Dream

Tennis Watchers

I hope you didn’t think we had left clay behind, because we have a full week of clay court tennis on the docket this week! Three tournaments, including the joint Hamburg event, usher in our post Wimbledon mini clay court season. In addition to Hamburg, the ATP will be in Gstaad and the WTA in Palermo.

Coverage will look much the same as last week, with Tennis Channel airing matches from all active tournaments from early in the morning until late afternoon. In addition, TC Plus will air both WTA and ATP matches, with Tennis TV streaming Gstaad and Hamburg for the ATP. Check out the full guide below and enjoy the tennis!

by Cuckoo4Coco
ti-amie wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:28 pm 2022 Week 29
A Midsummer Clay Season Dream

Tennis Watchers

I hope you didn’t think we had left clay behind, because we have a full week of clay court tennis on the docket this week! Three tournaments, including the joint Hamburg event, usher in our post Wimbledon mini clay court season. In addition to Hamburg, the ATP will be in Gstaad and the WTA in Palermo.

Coverage will look much the same as last week, with Tennis Channel airing matches from all active tournaments from early in the morning until late afternoon. In addition, TC Plus will air both WTA and ATP matches, with Tennis TV streaming Gstaad and Hamburg for the ATP. Check out the full guide below and enjoy the tennis!

:freaking: Oh how I love these early starts to these matches. Guess who will be sleeping through a lot of these matches?..... This girl. :lol:

by ponchi101 Palmero. A fine tournament.
(Somebody turned off the spell checker).

by ti-amie 2022 Week 30
US Series Open for Business

Tennis Watchers

We are finally hitting the summer hard court swing this week as Atlanta kicks off the US Open Series tournaments. In addition, the WTA will open its hard court summer in Prague. Don’t worry if you had any worries we had left clay completely behind— the ATP will still be kicking up the dirt in Umag and Kitzbühel and the WTA will host a new clay court event in Warsaw.

Coverage will continue to be on Tennis Channel/TC Plus and ATP streaming on Tennis TV. Tennis Channel is also airing the Atlanta Women’s Exhibition events Sunday and Monday nights. With events in multiple zip codes, we will have tennis starting early in the morning and lasting until evening each day this week so get those DVR’s ready and enjoy a jam packed week!

by Cuckoo4Coco
ti-amie wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:05 pm 2022 Week 30
US Series Open for Business

Tennis Watchers

We are finally hitting the summer hard court swing this week as Atlanta kicks off the US Open Series tournaments. In addition, the WTA will open its hard court summer in Prague. Don’t worry if you had any worries we had left clay completely behind— the ATP will still be kicking up the dirt in Umag and Kitzbühel and the WTA will host a new clay court event in Warsaw.

Coverage will continue to be on Tennis Channel/TC Plus and ATP streaming on Tennis TV. Tennis Channel is also airing the Atlanta Women’s Exhibition events Sunday and Monday nights. With events in multiple zip codes, we will have tennis starting early in the morning and lasting until evening each day this week so get those DVR’s ready and enjoy a jam packed week!

Well at least the Atlanta tournament is in my time zone. The rest of them start at the crack of dawn.

by ti-amie 2022 Week 31

Capitol City Tennis
Tennis Watchers

It’s hot, it;s humid, it’s the dog days of summer—that also means we are in the full (sweaty) swing of the US Open Series with Washington DC (ATP/WTA) and San Jose (WTA). The ATP will also be in Los Cabos this week. Tennis in this hemisphere also means matches will start later in the day and run all afternoon and evenings.

Coverage will look like past weeks with Tennis Channel and Tennis Channel Plus airing majority of the matches with Tennis TV streaming ATP. Of note, Tennis Channel Plus website did not have the WTA Washington DC tournament listed as streaming on its app; however, it was not clear if this were a mistake or if the WTA matches would only be on Tennis Channel proper. Stay tuned for the week to confirm!

Stay cool and enjoy the tennis this week!

by Cuckoo4Coco
ti-amie wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:44 pm 2022 Week 31

Capitol City Tennis
Tennis Watchers

It’s hot, it;s humid, it’s the dog days of summer—that also means we are in the full (sweaty) swing of the US Open Series with Washington DC (ATP/WTA) and San Jose (WTA). The ATP will also be in Los Cabos this week. Tennis in this hemisphere also means matches will start later in the day and run all afternoon and evenings.

Coverage will look like past weeks with Tennis Channel and Tennis Channel Plus airing majority of the matches with Tennis TV streaming ATP. Of note, Tennis Channel Plus website did not have the WTA Washington DC tournament listed as streaming on its app; however, it was not clear if this were a mistake or if the WTA matches would only be on Tennis Channel proper. Stay tuned for the week to confirm!

Stay cool and enjoy the tennis this week!

Hey normal times watching tennis. :) Not sure how much I will be able to watch as I will be playing in my own Local Junior Tournament coming Mid Week.

by ti-amie 2022 Week 32

Tennis, Eh?

Tennis Watchers

The tennis world shifts its attention to north of the border this week with the National Bank Open kicking off Monday. This year the ATP will be housed in Montreal and the WTA in Toronto.

Coverage will remain on Tennis Channel this week with first ball to last ball coverage. As the temp outside gets hotter, it is more reason to stay inside and watch some tennis! Get your full guide below and enjoy the tennis!

by ti-amie 2022 Week 33
Tennis hits the Midwest

Tennis Watchers
Aug 12

Grab your Skyline Chili and Graeter's Ice Cream folks because we are headed to tennis in the Midwest with the Western and Southern Open kicking off this week. It is the last 1000 level tournament before the US Open so the draws will be packed with big names.

As usual for the past few weeks, Tennis Channel will cover the event first to last ball with streaming on TC Plus and Tennis TV. Check out the full guide below for links and schedules!

Tennis Watchers will also be onsite for event so keep your eyes peeled for some photos and videos on our twitter page!

by ponchi101 And, of course, ESPN L. America decides NOT to show the Montreal final, because they have to show european football on all three ESPN channels, two of which are showing the same match.
What else did I expect?

by JazzNU In case you are unaware -

ESPN Plus will be increasing their monthly fee from $6.99 to $9.99 on August 23 (Tuesday). There is no professional tennis in September that I am aware of after the US Open on ESPN or ESPN Plus. The Laver Cup is the only big event that comes to mind towards the end of the month as being a possibility and I believe that will be on Tennis Channel again.

So if you only subscribe for one month and then cancel after each of the Grand Slams, I highly suggest subscribing in the next 4 days, with August 22nd (Monday) being the last day to lock in the lower monthly price this time around, and it will carry you thru the end of the 2022 US Open.

I will put this in the US Open thread as well in case this isn't well known since more people likely check that.

by JazzNU Last day for ESPN Plus at the lower price.

by ti-amie 2022 Week 34
No Sleep Till Queens

Tennis Watchers
Aug 21

Welcome to the final week before the US Open. This week we have three lead up events! The ATP will return to Winston-Salem, while the WTA will head back to Cleveland as well as host a new tournament in Canada. US Open Qualifying will also kick off this week.

Coverage for the tour events will be on Tennis Channel and TC Plus. While US Open Qualifying will be streaming on ESPN + and also air on ESPN News.

In addition, ESPN 2 will be re-airing a few of Serena Williams Grand Slams finals later in the week, so if you are interested in reliving any of the greats major matches check out ESPN 2 starting Thursday night at 6pm.

by ponchi101 Wake up, looking forward to that Mugu/Petra match.
Nope, coverage begins at 13:00, because european football takes precedence.
Then people wonder why I hate that sport... :evil:

by ti-amie 2022 Week 37
The Tennis (Davis) Cup runneth over

Tennis Watchers

What a wild two weeks in New York as two new singles champs were crowned and we said farewell to one of the games greats. The one thing about tennis though, is that it keeps on moving, and that is no different this week! We have three events this week, including two WTA Tournaments (Chennai and Portoroz) and Davis Cup.

Coverage will return to Tennis Channel with all three events being aired starting early morning Monday. Of note, the TC Plus website did not yet show Davis Cup, Chennai, or Portoroz on its tournament list. However, the assumption is they will be streamed there. Check out the full guide with links below and enjoy the tennis!

by ti-amie

by ti-amie 2022 Week 38
Tennis is getting good at goodbyes
Tennis Watchers

The tennis world is still recovering from the goodbye of one legend, only to have to get prepared to say goodbye to another this weekend! Roger Federer announced he will also be hanging up his racket earlier with the Laver Cup being his last professional event. All eyes will be on this weekends action as Federer will join Rafa Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Stefanos Tsitsipas, and Casper Ruud to suit up for Team Europe.

Coverage will be on Tennis Channel this week, with WTA events in Tokyo and Seoul as well as ATP tournaments in Metz and San Diego rounding out this week's schedule. With live tennis in multiple time zones, look for coverage blocks to start early morning and go all day. You can check out the full guide below and enjoy the tennis!

by ti-amie 2022 Week 39
Midnights (tennis' version)

After a week of saying goodbye to one of the games greats, tennis hits the ground running this week with five tour events around the globe. The ATP will be in Sofia as well as return to Seoul and Tel Aviv for the first time since 1996 and the WTA will be in Tallinn, Estonia for the first time as well as return to Parma, Italy.

Coverage will look similar to past weeks in that Tennis Channel will air live matches with TC Plus and Tennis TV (ATP) streaming. Keep in mind, with the time differences matches in Seoul (13 hours EST) will start late at night, with the remaining tournaments kicking off early morning. You can check out the full guide with links below, and as always enjoy the tennis!

by ti-amie 2022 Week 40
Tennis in spooky season

Tennis Watchers

Welcome to Week 40, Tennis Watchers! After a wild September full of retirements, tennis is easing into spooky season with four events this week. The ATP will be in Tokyo and Astana, while the WTA is returning to Ostrava and debuting a new 250 event in Monastir, Tunisia.

Coverage will be like past weeks, with Tennis Channel airing matches live with TC Plus and Tennis TV streaming. With live tennis in multiple time zones, matches will start late night (Tokyo) and go until early afternoon each day. Replays will then begin late afternoon. Tennis Channel will also be showing live Pickleball next weekend. Check out the full guide with links below and enjoy the tennis!

by ti-amie 2022 Week 41
New tourneys who dis?

Tennis Watchers

As we change seasons, the tours are changing up the tournaments! We’ve got ourselves three new events this week as the WTA takes over in San Diego and the ATP visits Florence, Italy and Gijon, Spain. In addition, the WTA will also return to Cluj-Napoca for the Transylvania Open.

With so many different time zones, it means we get live tennis starting early morning and going all day! Tennis Channel will continue to your home for matches with TC Plus and Tennis TV (ATP) picking up streaming action. Be sure to keep in mind the coverage blocks if you are recording matches, as they will start at 5:00am, but the San Diego matches will not start until later in the afternoon.

You will start to notice a few updates to the links. With Dark Sky ending at year end, the weather links will now point to Weather Channel. In addition, the time converter links will now point directly to the tournament location so you no longer need to ender that yourself! You can check out the full guide with links below, and as always enjoy the tennis!

https://tenniswatchers.substack.com/p/2 ... dium=email

by ti-amie 2022 Week 42
Guada-fall-ajara

Tennis Watchers

Another big week on tap as players look to pick up points in the race to the ATP and WTA Finals. The ATP will add a 250 tournament in Naples for one year, and the WTA is returning to Guadalajara, host of last years WTA Finals, for a 1000 level event. The ATP will also be hosting 250 level action in Antwerp and Stockholm.

Coverage will again be Tennis Channel focused, with TC Plus and Tennis TV (ATP) your home for streaming. This will be another week of all day live tennis, with the ATP tournaments kicking off early and Guadalajara starting its order of play midday here in the US. Check out the full guide (with new time converter and weather links) below! Enjoy the tennis !

by ti-amie 2022 Week 43
Back to Basel

Tennis Watchers

We are inching closer and closer to the end of the 2022 season, and this week there are two big ATP tournaments on the docket. Basel and Vienna, both 500 level events, kick off Monday! The WTA takes a week to gear up for the 2022 WTA Finals starting October 31.

Coverage for the week will be straightforward, with everything on Tennis Channel with Tennis TV and TC Plus holding down the streaming coverage once again. For those interested, Tennis Channel will air some classic match replays featuring Roger Federer and Serena Williams Sunday afternoon after the Basel and Vienna finals.

Enjoy the tennis this week!

by ti-amie 2022 Week 44
WTA Top 8 Tackles Texas

Tennis Watchers

Tennis is giving us fans a Halloween treat this year with the WTA Finals and Paris Masters both kicking off as spooky season winds down. The WTA year end showdown will be in Fort Worth, Texas which means we get the luxury of having prime time tennis in a friendly time zone once again. In addition, with the ATP 1000 level Paris event also kicking off, we get live tennis all day and night this week!

Tennis Channel will be the home for all the action, with Paris kicking things off early in the morning, and WTA picking up live matches in the mid-afternoon each day. You can check out the full guide below! Enjoy some high quality events this week!

by ti-amie 2022 Week 45
Falling back into more tennis

Tennis Watchers

We are inching ever closer to the end of the 2022 Season this week. After wrapping up its last 1000 level event in Paris, the ATP will highlight its up-and-coming talent in the Next Gen Finals Event taking place in Milan. In addition, the Billie Jean King Cup will crown its champion this week.

Prior to the above events, we still have unfinished business from Week 44! The WTA Finals will crown a champion Monday night starting at 6:30pm on Tennis Channel.

Next weekend will also include the first edition of the All American Cup featuring top ATP American Players, which will be on Tennis Channel.

Tennis Watchers also launched a subscriber chat for those that use the Substack app! Feel free to check it out and join or start a convo as you enjoy the tennis this week!

by ti-amie 2022 Week 46
The finale of the finals

Tennis Watchers

The end of the 2022 tennis season is near, but we’ve got one last stop with the ATP Finals kicking off tomorrow. The crowning event of the ATP season will kick off at 5:30am with the doubles event, followed by the singles day and night sessions. The coverage will be on the tennis channel and streamed on TC Plus and Tennis TV. You can check out the full guide below and enjoy the tennis!

by ti-amie 2022 Week 47
One more for the 2022 road!

Tennis Watchers
Nov 20
We had the WTA Finals, the Billie Jean King Cup Finals, the Next Gen Finals, and the ATP Finals over the past month. Now...we just might be at the final final of the year! The Davis Cup Finals will kick off Tuesday to close out the 2022 season.

Coverage will be on Tennis Channel, which will also air replays. In addition, Tennis Channel does have some classic match replays happening on Monday. You can check out the guide below! Have a great week!

by ti-amie

JB @Minerva2BC
Replying to @lawanda50
I updated my post with a retweet. Fox Sport 3. It likely will be on both. I'll check again as we get closer tomorrow. Fox Sports is subscription & Azteca is available to everyone.

by ti-amie

by ponchi101 At last! Because this was SO needed...
Not.
I wonder what spin it would have. Because Becker was at the top of the world in 1985, and see where he ended.

by ti-amie
ponchi101 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:15 pm At last! Because this was SO needed...
Not.
I wonder what spin it would have. Because Becker was at the top of the world in 1985, and see where he ended.
I see Becker as a cautionary tale. Everyone comes into the elite of sports saying "not me" but sometimes they get lost along the way. That's what happened to him.

by Deuce
ti-amie wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:15 pm
ponchi101 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:15 pm At last! Because this was SO needed...
Not.
I see Becker as a cautionary tale. Everyone comes into the elite of sports saying "not me" but sometimes they get lost along the way. That's what happened to him.
I don't see his story so much as a cautionary tale... I think it's quite exceptional.
It's not something that can happen to anyone in his position. It requires an extremely high degree of arrogance - and quite a lot of stupidity, as well - to get into the messes that he's gotten himself into.
And the majority don't possess the combination of that level of arrogance and stupidity.

by ti-amie That's why his story is a cautionary tale. The level of arrogance displayed coupled with stupidity and feeling above the laws that govern mere mortals should be shown for what it is and where it lands you. He was protected by a lot of people until he wasn't.

by ti-amie