The World of Style & Entertainment

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: The World of Style & Entertainment

Post by ti-amie »

Photo: Getty Images
Sienna Miller in Gucci, Hamish Bowles in Thom Browne, and Emily Blunt in Miu Miu

Kacey Musgraves in Ralph Lauren

Justin Bieber in La Maison Drew and Hailey Bieber in Saint Laurent

Lourdes Leon

Will Welch
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Iman or not I really, really didn't like this. If she were at carnival it would be one thing. A rare miss for her in my book.
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

For real. And in the comments it's pointed out, a lot of Italian designers too. Not a lot of let me follow the theme and certainly not a lot of let me choose an American designer. Actually surprising how few went that route.

mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

I disagree on Iman, I think this is exactly what the event calls for. She looked both good and over-the-top, but with some originality. Most would have made that look carnaval-ly but i think she carried it off. Hat could have been more interesting.

Post by JazzNU »

Best description I saw last night of ASAP Rocky was someone asking why he was rocking some Cap'N Crunch. A damn shame too, because while I'm not a fan in general, he looked great last night without the cereal cape.

I love that you love Normani in that dress. Hold on to that vision of her. I haven't seen her wearing even half that much fabric in my life.

I don't like the dress anyway, but I also have a very hard time believing Kobe would be okay with his baby girl wearing a dress that makes one wonder if she's pregnant. So truly, couldn't be less of a fan of that on her.

I saw Hailee last night and in the light of day, I still don't recognize her. Not sure what to think about this transformation.

I thought Jack Harlow looked great, went with a spin on a traditional, which feels like him. Also, Tommy Hilfiger, so thank you for that Jack.

And thought Regina King looked wonderful, loved the sparkly pinstripe. Some photos I thought they were pants, others a dress, and I love that.

I've thought Vera Wang was having an age identity crisis ever since she dated Evan Lysacek soon after her divorce so I truly pay her no mind in terms of her own wardrobe since then, it's been this attempt to appear much more youthful than she is on rinse and repeat as far as I can tell.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

That's a lot of material.

Post by JazzNU »

ti-amie wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:40 pm I said it in the Tennis Players thread and it should be said here. If you were not vaxxed with valid proof you were not allowed to attend. It's why so many people who have become staples at this event weren't there. Some took it better than others. Google Nikki Minaj Met Gala.
Nikki's still conducting that all important "research" before she decides to take the vaccine. No word on the amount of research she conducted before getting those butt and breast implants.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Once again all photos from https://www.vogue.com/slideshow/met-gal ... ign=runway

Ayesha Curry and Stephen Curry

Elliot Page
I'm surprised he didn't get a custom made suit.

Zac Posen in Tom Ford and Debbie Harry in Zac Posen

Kit Harington and Rose Leslie

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

JazzNU wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:40 pm
ti-amie wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:40 pm I said it in the Tennis Players thread and it should be said here. If you were not vaxxed with valid proof you were not allowed to attend. It's why so many people who have become staples at this event weren't there. Some took it better than others. Google Nikki Minaj Met Gala.
Nikki's still conducting that all important "research" before she decides to take the vaccine. No word on the amount of research she conducted before getting those butt and breast implants.
She's been dragged and laughed at six ways to Sunday. All that stuff she's had injected into her body and she's upset about a vaccine?

Her cousin's friend though. :D
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

JazzNU wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:40 pm Nikki's still conducting that all important "research" before she decides to take the vaccine. No word on the amount of research she conducted before getting those butt and breast implants.
I read that too. I have an impression that woman could do no actual research even if her life depended on it. :roll:

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Megan Thee Stallion in Coach

Jordan Roth in Michael Sylvan Robinson

Jennifer Hudson in AZ Factory

Cordae Dunston and Naomi Osaka in Louis Vuitton

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

How it started

Lil Nas X in Versace

Almost there

How it ended

ptmcmahon Canada

Post by ptmcmahon »

Elton must be so proud!
:steven:
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

ti-amie wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:12 pm We're all adults here right and I believe Cara is out so...
Technically that's more of a straight couples activity.