The World of Style & Entertainment

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: The World of Style & Entertainment

Post by ti-amie »

Comedian Kenan Thompson needed a bit of tailoring for a better fit

Seth Rogan straight outta a Starbucks menu

Cedric the Entertainer, who hosted this year's Emmy Awards, posing with wife Lorna Wells

Emma Corrin

Olivia Colman
She and Seth Rogan could've taken a pic together...
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

All of the pictures come from the Daily Fail https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... lamor.html
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Emerald put on a head-turning display in a glittering sheer dress decorated with lilac hearts, shimmering florals, and lime green sleeves and skirt
Other than the green thingies around her knees that look like kneepads this ALMOST works.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I think it's a given that anyone looking at a formally dressed woman can give an opinion on how she looks. The color, the fit, the fabric, whether a person pays attention to "fashion" or not all enter into whether someone "likes" a certain look or not. When it comes to men's tailoring and formal wear it's different. I go on about how a man's formal wear is tailored but there is a heck of a lot more that goes into that "tailoring" than I knew. It seems people were freaking out over Daniel Craig's pink velvet suit jack at the premier of his last Bond movie and someone took the time to post a tutorial, on Twitter, about what is right, and wrong about the suit jacket. It's interesting to read what he says.

JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

Really very odd for him to have gone through all of that and spend no time on the velvet. Velvet is thicker than most suit fabrics and would affect the cut. Seems like about the same pattern every time, similar too short and tight sleeve, but the velvet fabric makes this fit worse than some of his other looks.

That being said, I thought this was a good look and I'm not a fan of his though I am a fan of the franchise. The three-quarter angle view of him is superior to the front one, it better masks the tailoring flaws.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I thought the same thing about the fabric choice. The people who created the jacket are supposed to be among the best in the business and should've known that velvet has no "give" until it does "give" and becomes shapeless. I wonder when the jacket was created and if he's added a bit of weight since it was made. A quarter to half an inch would've made for a better fit. The thing is once you see the mistakes he points out you can't unsee them. You're right that the three quarter angle masks the tailoring mmistakes.

Post by JazzNU »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I don't know. how you dressed (or didn't) for Samhain (Halloween) but I bet you're not getting the attention this man is. And yes I understand the references a lot of people are making.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Best ever acceptance speech?

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

dmforever

Post by dmforever »

Since this is also about entertainment...Bruce Springsteen just sold his catalog to Sony for $500 million. That's half a billion dollars. It's just mind-boggling.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/15/arts ... talog.html

Kevin
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

To Sony. So they can use all his music in all their movies.
Born to run... to the bank. I gather we have never seen $500 million. Heck, I have never seen 500 million PESOS...
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Post by JazzNU »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:46 pm To Sony. So they can use all his music in all their movies.
Born to run... to the bank. I gather we have never seen $500 million. Heck, I have never seen 500 million PESOS...
Assuming you mean the value, we have seen it before. The Beatles catalog is worth considerably more than that.