The World of Style & Entertainment

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Re: The World of Style & Entertainment

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

A few years ago this sports podcast I listen to had a former NBA coach on that they are friendly with and they were asking him who the most thin-skinned, sensitive people are in sports expecting him to name a position or something, and he answered the journalists. The podcast is led by a journalist and after he processed the comment, he had to admit it was true.

I never thought about it, but it is 1000% accurate and I've found it extends to all journalists. The most critical of everyone else, but let one thing they perceive to be an insult or slight about them happen and they get their backs up about it in a way that makes no sense.

I expected better of Ashley. How embarrassing to be acting like this.
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

I have to question the intelligence of someone publicly equating lying about actual treason and a white lie done to protect a family member's safety and privacy for a family event, because they're butthurt they didn't get to take a nice photo.

Post by JazzNU »

And it's not just Ashley and Katie. There's entirely too many who are showing their asses about this, less obvious than Ashley, but you'd think they'd read the room, but not doing that at all. Truly bizarre.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

I thought this was about the Olsen twins - I think their names are Mary-Kate and Ashley - showing their asses.
Really - that's what I first thought this was about...

Then when I saw that it's actually a political thing, I wondered why it's not in the 'Politics' thread...

I do agree with one thing I read, though - all politicians lie. It's inherent, and is an absolute pre-requisite for being a politician at any level. Some lie overtly and shamelessly, while others lie discreetly and secretly. A valid argument could definitely be made that the latter types of lies are more dangerous than the former.
And anyone who believes that the Biden administration - or ANY political administration - don't lie about far more things than weddings needs to open their eyes much wider.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Post by JazzNU »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Someone upthread asked why this wasn't in the politics thread. The bottom line is this is a fashion story. The whining and carrying on is being done by fans of TFG who want some way to tarnish the Biden family and will use all means at their disposal. Don't forget the "other" daughter of TFG got married recently and aside from her and her mother the rest of that family looked like they went to a bridal store and got discounted summer wedding wear for a fall wedding. Needless to say they were widely mocked, especially after the favorite child cut the brother's girlfriend out of the pictures she posted on IG.

Ashley Parker is the WH Bureau Chief for the Washington Post. That tells you all you need to know.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

ti-amie wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:08 am Someone upthread asked why this wasn't in the politics thread. The bottom line is this is a fashion story. The whining and carrying on is being done by fans of TFG who want some way to tarnish the Biden family and will use all means at their disposal. Don't forget the "other" daughter of TFG got married recently and aside from her and her mother the rest of that family looked like they went to a bridal store and got discounted summer wedding wear for a fall wedding. Needless to say they were widely mocked, especially after the favorite child cut the brother's girlfriend out of the pictures she posted on IG.

Ashley Parker is the WH Bureau Chief for the Washington Post. That tells you all you need to know.
I confess to being completely ignorant of all the above information. I have absolutely no idea who any of these people are, except for Joe Biden and his wife (who in hell is 'TFG'? - a search gives me only 'Tactical Fighter Group', a division of the National Guard), and I know nothing about real weddings or fake weddings, or what anyone wore to either.
And I am honestly forever thankful for my ignorance of all this..

For those who want to escape gossip, come to Canada. The gossip is getting worse here, but it's nowhere near as bad as it is in the U.S., where absolutely everything becomes fodder for gossip.
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Deuce wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:43 am
ti-amie wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:08 am Someone upthread asked why this wasn't in the politics thread. The bottom line is this is a fashion story. The whining and carrying on is being done by fans of TFG who want some way to tarnish the Biden family and will use all means at their disposal. Don't forget the "other" daughter of TFG got married recently and aside from her and her mother the rest of that family looked like they went to a bridal store and got discounted summer wedding wear for a fall wedding. Needless to say they were widely mocked, especially after the favorite child cut the brother's girlfriend out of the pictures she posted on IG.

I confess to being completely ignorant of all the above information. I have absolutely no idea who any of these people are, except for Joe Biden and his wife (who in hell is 'TFG'? - a search gives me only 'Tactical Fighter Group', a division of the National Guard), and I know nothing about real weddings or fake weddings, or what anyone wore to either.
And I am honestly forever thankful for my ignorance of all this..

For those who want to escape gossip, come to Canada. The gossip is getting worse here, but it's nowhere near as bad as it is in the U.S., where absolutely everything becomes fodder for gossip.
TFG = The Former Guy, you know, Tiny as we call him here.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

TFG:
The Former Guy
The FAT guy (Fat Donny, in mafiosi style)
The (expletive) Guy (which should really be accepted in this forum).
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

I literally laughed out loud while at the hairdresser when I saw this. I shared the news and everyone got a good laugh. I mean really? Who lied to her and told her she could sing? It would make better sense for Marc Anthony to sing Whitney's hits. He can really sing.
I don't think Ashanti has the range either...

This "sensitive content" nonsense is one one of the latest things happening on Twitter since Elmo took over. It makes no sense.

Anyway

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

This has to be a joke though...

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

ti-amie wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:03 pm I literally laughed out loud while at the hairdresser when I saw this. I shared the news and everyone got a good laugh. I mean really? Who lied to her and told her she could sing? It would make better sense for Marc Anthony to sing Whitney's hits. He can really sing.

This "sensitive content" nonsense is one one of the latest things happening on Twitter since Elmo took over. It makes no sense.

Anyway

Why is a picture of Jlo, and Whitney 'potentially sensitive content'?
Owendonovan United States of America

Post by Owendonovan »

ti-amie wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:03 pm I literally laughed out loud while at the hairdresser when I saw this. I shared the news and everyone got a good laugh. I mean really? Who lied to her and told her she could sing? It would make better sense for Marc Anthony to sing Whitney's hits. He can really sing.

Anyway

This is where "yes" people will take you.