Russian Invasion of Ukraine

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
meganfernandez United States of America

Re: Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post by meganfernandez »

mick1303 wrote:I'm still OK. Do not post about tennis. You are correct - there is a lot of other things on my mind. My city of Kharkov continues getting destroyed by Russian artillery. Neighbors told that already some windows are shattered in my apartment there. There was a shell getting in our building couple of days ago, two apartments are obliterated completely. Luckily no casualties, the majority of inhabitants are already left.
I am so sorry - I wish I could offer something besides condolences and prayers. Did you and your father leave Kharkov?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mick1303 Ukraine

Post by mick1303 »

meganfernandez wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:29 am
mick1303 wrote:I'm still OK. Do not post about tennis. You are correct - there is a lot of other things on my mind. My city of Kharkov continues getting destroyed by Russian artillery. Neighbors told that already some windows are shattered in my apartment there. There was a shell getting in our building couple of days ago, two apartments are obliterated completely. Luckily no casualties, the majority of inhabitants are already left.
I am so sorry - I wish I could offer something besides condolences and prayers. Did you and your father leave Kharkov?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, we've moved to the neighboring region. Did not want to go to the Western Ukraine. The prices to rent an apartment skyrocketed there. It is telling that Poland, Slovakia, Romania, etc. are letting our refugees in and putting them in relatively good conditions, but our own countrymen from Western Ukraine frequently behave like rats and taking advantage of our suffering.
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

There are multiple reports that this happened.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

ti-amie wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:15 pm

There are multiple reports that this happened.
Ukrainian government sources so far say it "likely" has happened.

The Azov regiment is that one actual far-right part of the Ukranian armed forces. The other Ukranian news report on this relied on that regiment.

Not saying it didn't happen.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

It's why I wait days before I believe any report like this is true.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

mick1303 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:33 am Yes, we've moved to the neighboring region. Did not want to go to the Western Ukraine. The prices to rent an apartment skyrocketed there. It is telling that Poland, Slovakia, Romania, etc. are letting our refugees in and putting them in relatively good conditions, but our own countrymen from Western Ukraine frequently behave like rats and taking advantage of our suffering.
I wish I could honestly say that I'm shocked. But I'm not.
It seems that there are always disgusting people who take every opportunity to exploit every selfish advantage possible at the expense of others.
There are no words to describe how disturbing and tragic this behaviour is...
Sigh...
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

How's this for stunning perspective...
Julian Lennon is now just about 20 years older than his father John was when he was killed.
Julian is 59 years old.
John was 40 when he died.
Amazing.

Julian Lennon Performs 'IMAGINE' for Global Citizen's Stand Up For Ukraine...

R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

That's a huge psychological coup by Ukrainians. A ship like that can't be replaced. I bet the Russian navy will stay well off the Ukrainian coast from now on.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Suliso wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:40 am That's a huge psychological coup by Ukrainians. A ship like that can't be replaced. I bet the Russian navy will stay well off the Ukrainian coast from now on.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Tim Mak @timkmak
Already the Russian naval posture in the Black Sea appears to be changing, according to that senior U.S. defense official...

Four or five Russian ships began heading south, away from the Ukrainian coast, after the fire on the Moskva