Russian Invasion of Ukraine

All the other crazy stuff we talk about. Politics, Science, News, the Kitchen, other hobbies.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Re: Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post by ponchi101 »

Holy :poop:
But yes, please don't escalate. Even though this has to be answered.
Russia will deny, of course.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:04 pm Holy :poop:
But yes, please don't escalate. Even though this has to be answered.
Russia will deny, of course.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
skatingfan Canada

Post by skatingfan »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

If I were that gentleman (and I am assuming he is Russian, in Russia), I would not go above a first floor ever again.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Uhh... Did everyone miss the news that the authorities are now saying that the missile that landed in Poland was fired from the Ukraine in an attempt to destroy the Russian missiles that were being fired at them?
So it seems like it was simply an accident.

The knee-jerk reaction is to blame Russia for the Poland thing and think that the Russians are trying to start World War 3 - because that's sensational, and Russia is obviously the villain in this...
But there should never be anything more important than the truth in any circumstance.

NATO Says Missile That Struck Poland Likely a Stray Ukrainian Defence Missile

R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Let's show some pity for the arms merchants who lost out on their chance to start WWIII.

/s
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

But.
Notice how the cooler heads prevailed, and things were properly investigated.
And then reported.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

ponchi101 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:05 am But.
Notice how the cooler heads prevailed, and things were properly investigated.
And then reported.
I did. The system does work if it's allowed to.

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

mick1303 Ukraine

Post by mick1303 »

We are hit with severe cold. At night there will be negative 12 centigrade. It is around 10 F. It would've been ok, if only we didn't have electricity rationing. And my propane boiler has electric circuitry and electric circular pump. Once there is no light, there is no heat. Now they give us 2 hours of electricity and then 4 hours without.Today during those 4 hours the temperature inside dropped to 12 C. Then during the next 2 hours, when I had light, it went up to 18 C again (I have small apartment). But it was when there was -4 C outside.

I recently purchased "charging station" from AliExpress and it helps quite a bit. The capacity is not high - like 4 regular powerbanks. But it has an inverter to AC, and I can feed the circuitry of a boiler and at least have hot water during blackout. If I also turn on the heating, this device will discharge itself in 1 hour, and then I will have to charge it for 5 hours (which I will not have). But if I turn it on for 15-20 minutes before expected time when the power returns, then my "warm time" will be extended for this small time (simultaneously subtracting from "cold time"). And during 2 hours when I have power, I will charge it completely again. Not solving a problem completely, but helping.
Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

mick1303 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:59 pm We are hit with severe cold. At night there will be negative 12 centigrade. It is around 10 F. It would've been ok, if only we didn't have electricity rationing. And my propane boiler has electric circuitry and electric circular pump. Once there is no light, there is no heat. Now they give us 2 hours of electricity and then 4 hours without.Today during those 4 hours the temperature inside dropped to 12 C. Then during the next 2 hours, when I had light, it went up to 18 C again (I have small apartment). But it was when there was -4 C outside.

I recently purchased "charging station" from AliExpress and it helps quite a bit. The capacity is not high - like 4 regular powerbanks. But it has an inverter to AC, and I can feed the circuitry of a boiler and at least have hot water during blackout. If I also turn on the heating, this device will discharge itself in 1 hour, and then I will have to charge it for 5 hours (which I will not have). But if I turn it on for 15-20 minutes before expected time when the power returns, then my "warm time" will be extended for this small time (simultaneously subtracting from "cold time"). And during 2 hours when I have power, I will charge it completely again. Not solving a problem completely, but helping.
^ This is an incredible and obviously undeserved cruel punishment.
Will it get much colder than it is now there this winter, Mick?
Are households allowed to have a generator?
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
mick1303 Ukraine

Post by mick1303 »

There is plenty of generators working in the local shops and stores. They can keep it just outside. But for an apartment one has to have open balcony or smth like that. Otherwise where does the exhaust go? Also the prices for generators are naturally skyrocketed.