C19 and Tennis

Our main board to talk about our sport
Deuce Canada

Re: C19 and Tennis

Post by Deuce »

ti-amie wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:22 pm "Now I have been to see two doctors, I have done some tests so I know what I have and the most important thing is to take care of myself," said Chardy.
Please share 'what you have', Jeremy! Given the circumstances, and your claim that it's directly related to the vaccine, if you received a specific diagnosis, we'd all love to know what that is...
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
mick1303 Ukraine

Post by mick1303 »

JazzNU wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:58 pm Yeah, I read that before. But he can't be struggling too much. In Zambia now, was in Nice for a wedding a few weeks ago. and was in NYC for the Open and was carrying his son on his shoulders. If you're debilitated, you don't travel around to multiple locales with your beautiful wife and son living it up.
Chardy was complaining about low energy level that does not allow him to train properly. The physical effort required for pro training can't be compared with an effort for regular travel and other routine activities.
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

The reason Thiem hasn't been seen at the Vienna Open this week as expected.

Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Isn't Tsitsipas also antivax? Not heard anything about Nadal or Federer, but hopefully not. Only Murray has been vocally for on ATP tour.
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

Suliso wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:40 pm Isn't Tsitsipas also antivax? Not heard anything about Nadal or Federer, but hopefully not. Only Murray has been vocally for on ATP tour.
Nadal's spoken strongly in favor of the vaccines from the beginning:
https://tennishead.net/rafael-nadal-vac ... nightmare/

Reportedly, both he and Federer are vaccinated.

Post by JazzNU »

Suliso wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:40 pm Isn't Tsitsipas also antivax? Not heard anything about Nadal or Federer, but hopefully not. Only Murray has been vocally for on ATP tour.
Yes on Tsitsipas being at least vaccine hesitant if not anti-vax, but has said he would take it if mandatory. Medvedev is another one that at the very least said previously he's not interested in taking it. Nadal has been vocal about his support of vaccines. I'm not sure if Fed has been all that vocal, but he's definitely already vaccinated.

Kyrgios has been one of the most outspoken pro-vaccine, but few want to give him credit for anything so it's just kind of whatever. Once Andy started talking, I don't recall seeing much mention of Nick again on the matter.
dryrunguy

Post by dryrunguy »

JazzNU wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:31 pm
Kyrgios has been one of the most outspoken pro-vaccine, but few want to give him credit for anything so it's just kind of whatever. Once Andy started talking, I don't recall seeing much mention of Nick again on the matter.
In normal circumstances, if Nick is strongly FOR something, then it makes sense to be AGAINST it. This is one of the few exceptions.
Fastbackss United States of America

Post by Fastbackss »

"Novavax"

Man I knew Djokovic had a lot of money, but his own vaccine?!?
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

Will they humiliate Novak like this? Thiem banned from watching tournament he previously won
The Austrian cannot be in the stands to watch the tournament in Vienna because he has not been vaccinated

Austria's best tennis player Dominic Thiem cannot watch the ATP tournament currently taking place in Vienna live at the venue because he has not been vaccinated against coronavirus.

Thiem, which has been injured since June and is working to return to the court, has meanwhile started training with the ball and racket.

However, he has not been able to enter the Vienna venue as a spectator, where his many rivals are playing the tournament he won in 2019.

Namely, at this tournament, the so-called "2G" rule is applied to the audience, according to which only vaccinated or people who have recovered from Covid can enter the hall.

Players and their coaches can also show a negative PCR test to participate.

Thiem announced a couple of weeks ago that he has not yet been vaccinated against coronavirus, and that it is waiting for the Novavax vaccine, which has not yet been approved.

This is just one of the problems that have appeared in world tennis lately, and the biggest dilemma is about the participation of tennis players who have not been vaccinated (including our Novak Djokovic) at the Australian Open in early 2022.

Novak is the record holder and nine-time winner of this tournament, but he is threatened with a ban from entering almost every day by Australian authorities, unless he shows proof of receiving the coronavirus vaccine.

https://www.telegraf.rs/english/3409863 ... iously-won
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein

Post by JazzNU »

Humiliate? This is what I meant by unbearable.

Deuce Canada

Post by Deuce »

Kyrgios has been loud about encouraging people to get vaccinated and to follow the safely mandates... but, I suppose typically for him, it's a lot of 'do as I say, not as I do'.

I've seen him either maskless or with the mask under his chin when others were masked in environments where masks were either recommended or mandatory...
Then there's his towel thing - refusing outright to use the individual on-court towel bins properly... sometimes throwing numerous towels on the court, in the general direction of his towel bin... other times draping his towel half over his bin and half over his opponent's towel in the other bin.
:roll:
Sigh...
R.I.P. Amal...

“The opposite of courage is not cowardice - it’s conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.”- Jim Hightower
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

So. We are getting to the point in which, when somebody is asked to follow a rule, agreed upon by everybody else, and they don't, and then the proper correction or sanction is applied, we are HUMILIATING THEM?
What part am I missing? :shock:
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
meganfernandez United States of America

Post by meganfernandez »

ponchi101 wrote:So. We are getting to the point in which, when somebody is asked to follow a rule, agreed upon by everybody else, and they don't, and then the proper correction or sanction is applied, we are HUMILIATING THEM?
Totally not a humiliation. I wonder if something was lost in translation, although even a softer version of “humiliate” misses the mark, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ti-amie United States of America

Honorary_medal

Post by ti-amie »

This thing about humiliating their fave has been a constant refrain ever since Australia began making it clear they were not relaxing their standards for athletes.
“Do not grow old, no matter how long you live. Never cease to stand like curious children before the Great Mystery into which we were born.” Albert Einstein
mmmm8

Post by mmmm8 »

meganfernandez wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:39 pm
ponchi101 wrote:So. We are getting to the point in which, when somebody is asked to follow a rule, agreed upon by everybody else, and they don't, and then the proper correction or sanction is applied, we are HUMILIATING THEM?
Totally not a humiliation. I wonder if something was lost in translation, although even a softer version of “humiliate” misses the mark, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I found the Serbian version of the article. It's not a mistranslation.