C19 and Tennis

Our main board to talk about our sport
meganfernandez United States of America

Re: C19 and Tennis

Post by meganfernandez »

Suliso wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:49 pm Many countries in EU are going in the direction of abolishing all mandates and restrictions. Maybe France too by the time RG come around.
Really? I just read that Germany requires all adults to be vaccinated, or will this month. No? And of course, this is until another more-contagious, more-dangerous variant flares up.
JazzNU United States of America

Post by JazzNU »

meganfernandez wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:09 pm We need the rest of the exemption categories, but unless there's something for fully unvaccinated players, Djokovic isn't playing RG. (Although evidently there's a rumor that he's going to get the vaccination.)
The articles I saw about it were true clickbait. Hey, Novax will be getting vaccinated so he can play in the French is the headline. Article says, someone (who wrote a book with him I think?) says he think he's going to be getting it so he can play and he's been motivated by Nadal getting to 21. Huh? So nothing from Novax or his camp so basically nothing has changed? Truly a wait and see.

Post by meganfernandez »

JazzNU wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:22 pm
meganfernandez wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:09 pm We need the rest of the exemption categories, but unless there's something for fully unvaccinated players, Djokovic isn't playing RG. (Although evidently there's a rumor that he's going to get the vaccination.)
The articles I saw about it were true clickbait. Hey, Novax will be getting vaccinated so he can play in the French is the headline. Article says, someone (who wrote a book with him I think?) says he think he's going to be getting it so he can play and he's been motivated by Nadal getting to 21. Huh? So nothing from Novax or his camp so basically nothing has changed? Truly a wait and see.
Probably right. I saw it mentioned in a comment, no source cited. Wasn't sure if he had any credibility. Guess not.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Suliso wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:49 pm Many countries in EU are going in the direction of abolishing all mandates and restrictions. Maybe France too by the time RG come around.
Are they also going to abolish mandates about vaccination? Plus, one thing is to eliminate mandates for your citizens, another is for visitors.
I gather that in places like Denmark, which has been very clear it will eliminate all mandates because their vaccination rate is very high, they will require proof of vaccination.
Ego figere omnia et scio supellectilem
Suliso Latvia

Post by Suliso »

Right, possibly not for foreigners coming.
oliver0001 Faroe Islands

Post by oliver0001 »

Austria has a new vaccination mandate, not Germany. Germany is currently discussing one, but likely only for people with a permanent residence in Germany, not for visitors. Sweden has abolished nearly all Corona restrictions, also for non-vaccinated people, saying that Corona doesn't pose a significant risk anymore (although acknowledging that vaccination rates are not particularly high). Denmark has similar new "rules".
Liamvalid Great Britain

Post by Liamvalid »

Djokovic giving an interview to the BBC now on the morning news. He’s saying that he is still unvaccinated, and he wants to speak out because of a lot of misinformation in the media. He’s saying he is not an “anti-vaxer” and wants to distance himself from that movement, but his decision not to get the vaccine is all about his decision making about being in tune with his own body, and he will not consider it in the future, even if that means missing out on entering more slams

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-60354068
Last edited by Liamvalid on Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mary, queen of shots

Post by meganfernandez »

Liamvalid wrote:Djokovic giving an interview to the BBC now on the morning news. He’s saying that he is still unvaccinated, and he wants to speak out because of a lot of misinformation in the media. He’s saying he is not an “anti-vaxer” and wants to distance himself from that movement, but his decision not to get the vaccine is all about his decision making about being in tune with his own body, and he will not consider it in the future, even if that means missing out on entering more slams
That’s what I thought. Totally his prerogative… with attending consequences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Liamvalid Great Britain

Post by Liamvalid »

meganfernandez wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:46 am
Liamvalid wrote:Djokovic giving an interview to the BBC now on the morning news. He’s saying that he is still unvaccinated, and he wants to speak out because of a lot of misinformation in the media. He’s saying he is not an “anti-vaxer” and wants to distance himself from that movement, but his decision not to get the vaccine is all about his decision making about being in tune with his own body, and he will not consider it in the future, even if that means missing out on entering more slams

According to the article he should be ok for RG and Wimbledon given latest restrictions, but he will struggle to get into the US any time soon. I'm not sure i'm buying his statement about not being anti-vax either, it seems like he is just trying to get the public back on side
Mary, queen of shots
atlpam United States of America

Post by atlpam »

Lots of restrictions being eased - it would not surprise me if this becomes a non-issue by the time the US Open rolls around.

Post by meganfernandez »

Liamvalid wrote:
meganfernandez wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:46 am

According to the article he should be ok for RG and Wimbledon given latest restrictions, but he will struggle to get into the US any time soon. I'm not sure i'm buying his statement about not being anti-vax either, it seems like he is just trying to get the public back on side
I meant that I believed he isn’t going to get the vaccinate and his belief is rooted in some very strong believes about his healthy and being in tune with his body, even if his beliefs amount to pseudoscience.

I believe he will still have to be in a bubble at RG and maybe Wimbledon, and test a lot. If I were these tournaments, I’d be tired of making special arrangements for a few people who are unvaccinated.

ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

Problem is, as we all know, that he is defending champion at both.
While I agree with Suliso that mandates are being dropped, I believe that most of them are being dropped FOR vaccinated people. The openly un-vaccinated are pretty much at square one.
As we saw at the Aussie, the TOURNAMENT was more than willing to let him come in and play. It took the Govt to stop the nonsense. So, I don't see any reason to believe that the sole pimp in the circuit is Craig Tiley, and if you leave it to RG and Wimbledon, he will play, because these decisions always boil down to money. And both tournaments would rather have him than not, despite the evidence that they can have a great tournament without him.
ponchi101 Venezuela
Site Admin

Post by ponchi101 »

meganfernandez wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:10 pm
I meant that I believed he isn’t going to get the vaccinate and his belief is rooted in some very strong believes about his healthy and being in tune with his body, even if his beliefs amount to pseudoscience.

I believe he will still have to be in a bubble at RG and maybe Wimbledon, and test a lot. If I were these tournaments, I’d be tired of making special arrangements for a few people who are unvaccinated.

It is at the point that you can't even call it pseudoscience. By now, it is pseudoBS. BS covered with the slightest taint of technical jargon, but BS still.
MJ2004

Post by MJ2004 »

So the BBC interviews him and doesn’t question him on his positive test/ public appearances? Oh yeah, that’ll be Part II tomorrow.

#bs
Liamvalid Great Britain

Post by Liamvalid »

BBC have a half hour special on tonight at half 8 GMT
Mary, queen of shots